• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best drug for sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K'dOUTinAZ said:
Rebound insomnia is one of the worse feelings ever. Your body needs sleep, your tired, but your mind won't let you go to sleep....your noding off all day and then night comes again and your body is even more worn out and tired, needing sleep, but nope, mind won't give....another day goes by, never fully awake during the day and never fully asleep at night. Nights and nights...the sleep deprivation is horrendous, hearing and seeing things that aren't really there, talking back to nobody, reaching to pick up nothing...but there ain't nothing you can do until you give into that....pill....drug.....depressant.....alcohol....pot....

I've had an insomnia rebound that lasted roughly six days without having to take anything, when I finally fell to sleep I was out for 24 hours. It felt so good...

I don't want to go through that ever again so here I am...4mg alprazolam...60mg temazepam...valerian....10mg cyclobenzaprine...1400mg carisoprodol...whatever WAA WAA WAA ;)

I dug the hole, best to make it comfortable

Have you ever tried the gym/working out way out of your insomnia?

Setup a nice 3-4 day (out of a week) routine in the gym...basically 1 body part each week (done correctly)...

Take supplements (protein, amino acids, etc.)

Eat 5-6 times a day (healthy)

I can help you with this if you want...

Anyways...I find this the BESTTTTTT by far for true insomnia (with the except of weed ofcourse...but I aint touching that stuff every again)

OnAndOffDruggie said:
Have you ever tried the gym/working out way out of your insomnia?

Setup a nice 3-4 day (out of a week) routine in the gym...basically 1 body part each week (done correctly)...

Take supplements (protein, amino acids, etc.)

Eat 5-6 times a day (healthy)

I can help you with this if you want...

Anyways...I find this the BESTTTTTT by far for true insomnia (with the except of weed ofcourse...but I aint touching that stuff every again)

Yeah your probably right about that being the best way, but also the hardest. Plus, it can get even harder once you become dependent on your sleeping/anxiety meds.8)

Yeah, will that solution help with the seizures, convulsions, DT symptoms, and possible death that I will go through from going cold turkey off the benzodiazepines? 8)

K'dOUTinAZ said:
Yeah, will that solution help with the seizures, convulsions, DT symptoms, and possible death that I will go through from going cold turkey off the benzodiazepines? 8)

Slowly taper of the Benzo's while at the same time slowly start getting into working out.

Decrease the amount of Benzo's are you increase the amount of gym time.

Maybe it'll take weeks, shit maybe months, but you'll notice that you will be falling asleep better with less and less need for benzo's...

The additition of muscle all over your body will DEFINITELY make you feel great during the course of the day as well...

It is hard, but an addiction in itself when you get into it...

Dude, you don't need to try and explain how to taper benzodiazepines to me. I probably know the benzodiazepines taper process better than ( 95% ) of the people on this board, I've been on them for years and tapered many times. Trying to give "working out" advice isn't going to work with benzodiazepine taper as your muscles are what are going to be spasming/tensed/hurting the most, making working out nearly impossible. I'm not looking on advice how to quit (especially through someone who doesn't even have any experience with the topic). Sorry if I sound like an ass but I never asked how to taper benzodiazepines. Working out is your solution to everything LOL.

Wow, that list is nothing short of daunting K'dout, although i do question your reactions to prosom. What exactly is your opinion of this drug? While certain drugs seem to work better for certain people, i've found nothing that works better for insomnia than prosom (And i've tried many benzos)

Daunting? Intimidating? LOL! How do you figure? I don't think that you have been reading this thread correctly... 8) You must be smoking crack if you think that somebody is intimidating me.

I don't enjoy estazolam all that much at all, in my opinion it is the weakest hypnotic benzodiazepines on the market. I can't say that it would even be possible to catch a buzz from this drug but as far as actually working for its intended use...well, at a dose of 6mg I can catch some sleep but I still wake too many times in the middle of the night to make this drug worthwhile for me to stay on it.

In my opinion Flurazepam is the best hypnotic on the market in the US

Daunting? Intimidating? LOL! How do you figure? I don't think that you have been reading this thread correctly... You must be smoking crack if you think that somebody is intimidating me.

What? I have absolutely no clue what you're trying to say. I was refering to your massive breakdown of various sleeping aids on the first page. I'm not quite sure how intimidation came into this.

Personally, i find 2mg to be an ideal dose (I don't have a benzo tolerance however). It seems to be the only benzo that doesn't leave me hung over. I wake unusally early on it, but i'm always refreshed and alert.

Intimidating is a synonym for daunting...I got'cha, sorry I thought you were getting at something else. But yeah, your right...sorry to jump the gun.

When I was first prescribed ProSom it hit me really good and got me to sleep but that only lasted four days. The problem was that even if I raised my dose it wouldn't work anymore, unlike most of the hypnotics. It also seems to have a lack of sedation but that is just MHO.

K'dOUTinAZ said:
Dude, you don't need to try and explain how to taper benzodiazepines to me. I probably know the benzodiazepines taper process better than ( 95% ) of the people on this board, I've been on them for years and tapered many times. Trying to give "working out" advice isn't going to work with benzodiazepine taper as your muscles are what are going to be spasming/tensed/hurting the most, making working out nearly impossible. I'm not looking on advice how to quit (especially through someone who doesn't even have any experience with the topic). Sorry if I sound like an ass but I never asked how to taper benzodiazepines. Working out is your solution to everything LOL.

Nah, I have absolutely no idea about the taper process with any drugs (except weed lol) especially Benzo's.

However, I know more about the "working out process" better than 99 percent of the people on this board. It truly is the solution to most problems...

Even if you keep your Benzo habit, working out will still help you sleep at night.

Keep your Benzo habit.

Develope a 4 day working out routine...

Take some ZMA before you go to sleep...

You'll be sleeping like a baby!

I mean no offense, but, for being on this site for a month and saying you know something better than 99% of the people that use this site...is well kind of an outrageous thing to say. There are soo many intelligent people on this site, and yes, working out is offen discussed. (Steroid forum) Along with there being lots of intelligent people in forums like OD and DB, there are many in the other forums too. K'dOUT has earned the right to make an accusation like that, I don't feel that you have.

I have a very good idea that Rohypnol would work the best for insomnia out of all the benzodiazepines but I can't say so because I have never tried them but I have read and heard plenty of information about this drug.

Its not all that its cracked up to be, Halcion is much better IMO.

i would take a couple hits of nice kief and you should be asleep within minutes. other than that benzos might help too.

LeadSingerDisease said:
I mean no offense, but, for being on this site for a month and saying you know something better than 99% of the people that use this site...is well kind of an outrageous thing to say. There are soo many intelligent people on this site, and yes, working out is offen discussed. (Steroid forum) Along with there being lots of intelligent people in forums like OD and DB, there are many in the other forums too. K'dOUT has earned the right to make an accusation like that, I don't feel that you have.

Well, your correct in the fact that I do not have senoirty here, that's a given.

When I put the 99% figure, I completely excluded the Steriod Forum. I never go in their, and never will...

No, I aint one of those people who think "steriods will make your nuts shrink, or will kill you in a year."

I understand that if you use steriods correctly and research what your doing, you can get results from them relatevily safely and efficiently. However, I just do not believe in steriods. I workout for my health, for my physical and mental well being, and as a way to not to drugs daily.

In my personal opinion, I think I still do know more about the "gym lifestyle" than atleast 99% of the people on these forums overall, including the steriods forum (that would mean 1 outta every 100 person knows me than me, which is reasonable considering the amount of people subscribed here)...

However, not counting the Steriods Forums, I know I have more knowledge about the following topics regarding working out than well over 99% of the people here: Nutrition, Sleeping (including supplements), Workout Routines and the different routines people use for different purposes, and most definitely how to, in general, lose fat and gain muscle (which is almost impossible to do at the same time).

I spent many many many hours of my life researching these topics.

However, I would believe that people on here would know more about some of the biological processes involved in weight lifting, like how food gets converted into glucose or how protein is broken down by the body and used to repair the micro-tears caused by weight lifting. I'm sure people here know more about the physics of lifting also (for example, its easier for a shorter person with a short reach to bench press than it is for a taller person with longer arms)...

Seriously, in all seriousness and hopefully no offence to anybody, and even though I aint no bodybuilder or anything, a forum filled with drug users do not know more about bodybuilding/weightlifting than I do (with the possible (maybe) exception of the Steriods Forum, I have never once went in their and never will....yet I just don't believe in steriods and believe you have to be nature in this 'sport'...but I wont critize them if you know what your doing and you wanna do it...than be happy and do it you know)...

I suck at ending posts....peace

Well....back to the subject ;)

BlahBlahBlah, you mentioned earlier that Triazolam is a better hypnotic and more potent than Flunitrazepam. Have you tried Flunitrazepam or just making an assumtion? Knowing you, I'm pretty damn sure that you wouldn't make an assumption but just curious. How would you say that the effects differ? Triazolam, which I have been prescribed many times and bought illagaly even more is very short acting and knocks me out very quick, too quick to be a recreational drug, but very effective for sleep. It also keeps me asleep longer without nightly waking. I have heard many people compare Flunitrazepam to Clonazepam, is this true? Does it take longer to get you to sleep and does it have a bad hangover profile? I'm curious because if indeed it has effects similar to Clonazepam, I don't think that it would such a good sleep aid as Clonazepam doesn't work great at getting me (and keeping me) asleep. Hit me back if you want...

Yea i've used it before, for some reason benzos just wont put me to sleep (its very strange), I have to resort to non-benzo sleep aids in order to actually get knocked out.

Halcion hits me much quicker and gives me that 'warm' feeling but like you said it wears off very quickly, which always leads me to take more. I do find it recreational with a handful of beers and some pot.

Rohypnol didn't hit as quick or as hard as Halcion and IMO is rather weak, 4-5mg seemed equally comparable to 4-5mg of Klonapin. Even other friends who use it agree that Halcion takes the cake.

I never experienced a hangover effect from any benzo except in huge doses than I am a little groggy.

Than again I am sure other opinions would differ from mine as my head is kinda hard when benzos are concerned.

Halcion>Rohypnol

OnAndOffDruggie said:
Seriously, in all seriousness and hopefully no offence to anybody, and even though I aint no bodybuilder or anything, a forum filled with drug users do not know more about bodybuilding/weightlifting than I do

I beg to differ. I have been a body builder and studier for years. I've also studied nutrition, and i'm an amateur fighter, of 8 years. I'm not going to argue with you, but, don't assume you know more than other people about a subject just because they are subscribed to a drug forum. 8) :p

LeadSingerDisease said:
I beg to differ. I have been a body builder and studier for years. I've also studied nutrition, and i'm an amateur fighter, of 8 years. I'm not going to argue with you, but, don't assume you know more than other people about a subject just because they are subscribed to a drug forum. 8) :p

Well, I congradulate you on your achievements. Bodybuilding takes alot of dedication as we both know. The vast majority of people don't do it like we do (I am going on year 5 of working out...the first year I was learning everything so I'd only say 4 years of solid training)...no amateur fighting but who knows what the future has in store... I am only 18 years old (started when I was 13, got "serious" after I learned everything when I was 14)...I got an early start...great for that muscle density...

So I'd say we both know more than 99% of the people here regarding the topic...

Anyways...Imma pass out...my shoulder/traps workout did the trick to ensure a very sleepy night :)

Status
Not open for further replies.