• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best drug for sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mm my friend has been prescribed these pills called rinafort for his flu.. it has pseudoephedrine in it and it says it gets him stoned as fuck (sleep-wise)..

You obviouslly spelt the name of the drug wrong as nothing came up on google but the pseudoephedrine wouldn't be the ingredient that put your friend to sleep as it has mild stimulant action. There must have been another ingredient in the drug that knocked him out.

I wouldn't waste a recreational drug on sleeping. Get a script for a sleep-aid.

Trazadone knocks me on my ass but it leaves me with a four hour hangocer and it is very notorious for its after effects. You'll get your sleep thats for sure but in the morning you'll wish you hadn't taken it but if you are really needing sleep...

Originally posted by K'dOUTinAZ

Mirtazapine 30mg (Remeron) ****
K'dOUT, I have a few of these given to me by a friend who has a prescription. How well would you say they work? Had them for quite a while and not been tempted to use them yet.

Amitriptaline is a rediculous choice for a sleep aid. It wasn't mentioned too much, but I took some of that a while ago and it kept me asleep for soo goddamn long I didnt know what to think.

S-R said:
K'dOUT, I have a few of these given to me by a friend who has a prescription. How well would you say they work? Had them for quite a while and not been tempted to use them yet.

It worked great for me, the only reason why I stopped taking it was because I would rather try and catch a buzz from some benzodiazepines. 30-60mg of Remeron will get you to sleep, I promise. It will also make you very hungry and ou may gain weight just to let you know. No hangover either.

If you don't have tolerance to carisoprodol than taking 3 tablets of Soma will get you to sleep. This doesn't include the carisoprodol that you get from Mexico pharmacy and OTC. The American ones. My first encounter with the brand name I took 3 tablets and I fell asleep within an hour.

my vote is for sonata....though pot did wonders in my non-sober daze!!

Re: SLEEPY SLEEPY

dj_buzz said:
Seroquel..... this is some stupid shit . It'll put you to sleep alright! They give this to people for things such as.... Epilepsy and depression.... I've taken 325mg...... 200mg....... 100mg..... 50mg...... 25mg..... and they even make 1mg ! They all work exactlly the same except for the fact that the 1mg were slightly noticablly weaker but seriouslly with this shit, you only need a pinch! 325 and your DOWN FOR THE COUNT!!! Ding Ding Ding !!

1mg Seroquel tablet? No, I don't think so. Smallest dosage they come in is 25mg.

phishy2 said:
my vote is for sonata....though pot did wonders in my non-sober daze!!

Sonata?!? Are you serious? Well I guess, different medications work for different people. You must not suffer from insomnia, huh? Sonata is indicated for people who wake up in the middle of the night but not really to defeat insomnia. Well it works for you so thats good. I will admit that taking 100mg of Sonata (10 tabs) does make you feel kinda odd and funky (I can't describe the feeling). I guess that I just have major insomnia that I require major doses of hard sleeping aids. Insomnia is horrible. I agree that some good marijuana works pretty good for knocking your ass out

For me,Ambien,I built a tolerance to very quickly.Halcion is a very nice drug for sleep.The problem with benzo's of course is tolerance and dependence.I would recommend Remeron at 7.5 or 15 mgs.I have tons of it here for those horrible nights when sleep is impossible.25-50mgs of Seroquel will knock you on your ass and personally,although it doesnt really mean much,I always felt uncomfortable taking an "Anti-psychotic" for sleep.IMO Tardive Dyskensia would be impossible to get at such low doses and with Seroquel being a newer atypical anti-psy.I just feel Remeron is just as effective and I never built a tolerance.Only side effects were a little weight gain,increased appetite.Neurontin @ 2,400 mgs did o.k. for me but is very pricey.Melatonin at 9 mgs sometimes works.Trazodone leaves me with a bad hangover and pretty much pissy the next day.Same goes with anti-histamines.....I need at least 100 mgs or more of Benadryl and it makes me very irritable.So,I guess overall I'd recommend Remeron(although 80-90 mgs of hydrocodone feels real good:).....

K'd,
I think your like me....I can take like 12-15mgs of Klonopin and not feel much but damn...add in Soma(with a lower dose of Klonopin of course) and it knocks me out for some reason.I made the mistake of taking 3-350mgs tabs of Soma and 10 mgs of Klonopin....Needless to say,that was a very bad idea....Benzo's,I can take tons of.....but Soma for some reason,really knocks me out.

Shit i've been prescribed to take 50mg of Quetiapine fumarate, the pills of it are 100mg ones that I sometimes take rather than the 50mg i should....I sleep so fucking well (it doesn't help me with my awake problems tho)

plus funky dreams!

I agree. Trazodone has a horrible hangover effect. I recently switched from this drug to amitriptyline 50mg per night and this does nothing! The amitriptyline is crap so I gotta call the doctor and have him call in a new prescription..I'm thinking he's probably very wary of prescribing actual sedatives or hypnotics but i don't want any goddamned antidepressants that just happen to have sedative qualities...i don't agree with the use of antidepressants, for myself that is..so wtf.

K'dOUTinAZ - can you please talk about about Quetiapine effects, side-effects, problems,etc..? since like I said I was prescribed that by a shrink :/

OsterHase said:
K'dOUTinAZ - can you please talk about about Quetiapine effects, side-effects, problems,etc..? since like I said I was prescribed that by a shrink :/

Seroquel
SEROQUEL (quetiapine fumarate) is an antipsychotic drug belonging to a new chemical class, the dibenzothiazepine derivatives. SEROQUEL is an antagonist at multiple neurotransmitter receptors in the brain: serotonin, dopamine D1 and D2, histamine H1, and adrenergic a1 and a2 receptors. SEROQUEL has no appreciable affinity at cholinergic muscarinic and benzodiazepine receptors. It will knock you the fuck out and you will have a hangover regardless of how many hours of sleep you get but the more hours of sleep you get, the milder the hangover. You will get sleep, believe me. Seroquel may make you feel very zombified during the day and you won't feel like yourself. When I used to take it, life as boring and my personality was boring. Nothing was fun and my back always hurt the morning after. I don't really have any positive words to say about this drug. It made me feel dead inside, although it did get me to sleep...but the price I paid was not worth it. This drug also can create some horrible life threatening side effects such as DT type symptoms and permanent muscle problems like Parkinson type symptoms

What it comes down to
It will get you more sleep than you have ever had but it will make you feel like crap and has some possible long term DT type symptoms.

The pills i'm taking aren't that name but are based on quetiapine, I don't have problems sleeping. in fact I sleep too much but the shrink said its suposed to give me "better quality" sleep.

note: I suffer from depression and anxiety attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.