• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best Drug for Heavy Studying?

Not really, procrastination is a big issue in ADHD, so.... if a "normal" one procrastinates, what is the outcome for him? Nothing. Because he procrastinates. And why should a perfectionist procrastinate? Hmmmm.... think that sucks.

JJ

Apology for my ignorance re. ADHD. I should know better considering I have loved ones with ADHD.

^This

Dex and amp moderate caffeine , proper rest, vitamin regiment and strong viable study practices that exploits how your mind works. Ritalin is methylphenidate and your reaction to Adderall could be much different as they are quite different.

Same! Re. rest, caffeine and dexies. I take lots of vitamin B for extra energy.

I wouldn't recommend Cocaine cos you'll end up doing other things rather than studying lol. I wouldn't do Meth either as thats similar to Cocaine but stronger. I suggest using Ritalin, Vyvanse, or Adderall.

yeah, if you don't overdose....

JJ

There isn't a major risk of OD from pharma stims. The bigger risk would be redosing too much without proper nutrition, hydration, and sleep. Especially if you stay up at night that's when the shadow people come out.

If someone uses pharma amps sensibly for study sessions then drinks water, eats, and sleeps there is no reason they should OD.

People who have heart conditions and such should generally avoid stims, but for the vast majority of people they're actually pretty safe drugs when they're not abused.

Vyvanse in particular in just dexamphetamine with a lysine molecule that increases the duration by making your body metabolise it all day. Dexamphetamine has a very well established safety profile and was one of the earliest ADHD medications to hit the market way back in 1937.

Wilson I have to tell you there are possible ODs because I had one by myself. We just started the medication and after 3 days i was completely manic. It was extreme - went to my Psych again and asked him what the hell is wrong because I thought I'm underdosed. I had no time management; I'm always talking much too much but THIS was like crazy. He looked at me and told me "no jj, you are a bit overdosed" and he began to explain me that I can open the capsules and try around a bit but I didn't want that.

Now I always have some capsules in my desk, a glass of water on it, and at 1,30pm a little "dinnnggggg" reminds me to take the second dose, and I do it immediately, also in front of my patients. I don't care. So many people have to take their meds on a special time and so do I. Period. Since then everything is allright again.

And I can tell you, being manic is nothing you have to experience. It's a mess.

JJ

Wilson I have to tell you there are possible ODs because I had one by myself. We just started the medication and after 3 days i was completely manic. It was extreme - went to my Psych again and asked him what the hell is wrong because I thought I'm underdosed. I had no time management; I'm always talking much too much but THIS was like crazy. He looked at me and told me "no jj, you are a bit overdosed" and he began to explain me that I can open the capsules and try around a bit but I didn't want that.

Now I always have some capsules in my desk, a glass of water on it, and at 1,30pm a little "dinnnggggg" reminds me to take the second dose, and I do it immediately, also in front of my patients. I don't care. So many people have to take their meds on a special time and so do I. Period. Since then everything is allright again.

And I can tell you, being manic is nothing you have to experience. It's a mess.

JJ

Ah when you said overdose I thought you meant, like, fatally.

Here what you meant was just that the dose was too high for your tolerance and caused adverse effects.