• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best Drug for Heavy Studying?

ketquest

Bluelighter
Can anyone recommend something for long hours of focused study? I remember 10 years ago or so I used ritalin when I had to study for a test, it was great the first month then it stopped working and I never felt the same effects of the 1st week or two. I remember that I had never felt that focused for study, suddenly you craved books and never felt bored or sleepy, could read with strong focus for hours.

But after it stopped working I only felt that bad effects which are terrible, uneasiness, panic, it was terrible, I never felt the same for a couple of year after I stopped using it, I even regreted, it kind of messed up my brain and focus, it look a long time to get back to normal.

I tried using cocaine once but it is impossible to study, you just can´t focus on boring stuff, you only think about party, drink, smoking, talking, sex lol

I wonder if there is something new out there people are using nowadays.

A good night's rest combined with a solid dose of caffeine directly before studying.

Propylhexedrine also works in a pinch.

And then of course there's the old classic dexamphetamine, but it sounds like you'd probably just run into the same problem you did with methylphenidate. Any stimulant that's stronger than that (like meth) and you get distracted by "other things" rather than studying IMO

Can anyone recommend something for long hours of focused study? I remember 10 years ago or so I used ritalin when I had to study for a test, it was great the first month then it stopped working and I never felt the same effects of the 1st week or two. I remember that I had never felt that focused for study, suddenly you craved books and never felt bored or sleepy, could read with strong focus for hours.

But after it stopped working I only felt that bad effects which are terrible, uneasiness, panic, it was terrible, I never felt the same for a couple of year after I stopped using it, I even regreted, it kind of messed up my brain and focus, it look a long time to get back to normal.

I tried using cocaine once but it is impossible to study, you just can´t focus on boring stuff, you only think about party, drink, smoking, talking, sex lol

There are alot of RC's good for studying, 2-fma, 4f-mph etc etc.

There are less abusable options as well, like modafinil, adrafinil (readily available on the internet without prescription) and cyclazodone and many more.

I'd recommend trying 600-900mg of adrafinil. It can be easily obtained online, brightens the mood a bit and increases focus (it is a prodrug for modafinil).

Hi! I can only say what works for me; it's a cocktail of strong perculated coffee with 2 lines of dexies every 1-2 hours and weed to fly through tonnes of info. Bookmarks, notes and homepages along the way incase of memory loss.

Let us know what helps you later on :)

Hi! I can only say what works for me; it's a cocktail of strong perculated coffee with 2 lines of dexies every 1-2 hours and weed to fly through tonnes of info. Bookmarks, notes and homepages along the way incase of memory loss.

Let us know what helps you later on :)

Wouldnt recommend snorting dexedrine, doesnt really work any better than oral administration particularly given the amount of filler (unless you like that sweet taste).

Wouldnt recommend snorting dexedrine, doesnt really work any better than oral administration particularly given the amount of filler (unless you like that sweet taste).

Ah ok, interesting :) I get a rush and a hit of bud is a nice high, not overpowering to me. I guess a placebo effect is playing a role lol

I really subscribe to the "your mind is a muscle" idea. I think stimulants do a lot of the work for you without actually making you "better".

If you need to write one paper in an evening, I get it, but if you're using stimulants chronically for studying, you might find it harder and harder to do anything that you are not directly interested in.

I used a lot of Amphetamine in college and I ended up having a really hard time writing papers and even making simple lesson plans without it once I stopped using it.

I'm not saying this is true for everyone but it was my experience. I was never a compulsive or daily user, but the Amphetamine still had a powerful effect on my mind.

I found that over time stimulants made it increasingly difficult to use for productive means as my tolerance and usage grew.

Eventually, and even now, when I take amphetamines even in high doses I have no deal mental clarity or focus as they used to produce, instead I am left with a mental desire to focus on basically my unable to focus. They increase my ability to not be able to focus on one particular thing whatsoever.

Just my 2 cents, but at first amphetamines and adderall were incredible at getting the job done.

Honestly, I agree with Keif, stimulants might make it able to stay up and keep going for longer but your mind won’t be really taking much in unless you’re pretty gifted in memory. Loads of my friends used stims and what not to study and nearly all of them had to do repeats.

Get a good sleep, make sure you’re feeding your body good food and are properly hydrated. There are some essential oils that boost memory like lavender and rosemary although not to a crazy great extent but better than nothing. Obviously not ingesting them but having them somewhere you can smell. Sit somewhere with no distractions and have a good study plan you can follow. Out of everything quality Sleep is the most important for helping your memory.

Dexedrine or Vyvanse are both great. Ritalin has an awful comedown, I got the same symptoms as you and got the doc to switch me to amphetamines right away.

But yes you also need to eat well, stay hydrated, and keep a normal sleep schedule. Take it from an ADHD patient who takes this shit daily, amphetamines will actually cause a paradoxical reaction that makes you more exhausted if you are not well rested. I mean think about it like this: stims do not actually create energy, they simply redirect what your body already has. If you are running on fumes a turbo won't help you keep going.

But as long as you do follow the general rules to keep your mind and body healthy, stims can and will help you get shit done. No question.

Only other thing I would say is start your productive work BEFORE the stim kicks in. If you are playing games waiting for amphetamine to kick in, all that will happen is when it hits you will just concentrate hard on playing games all day. You might finally get to the next level but you won't get work done.

Start your work, then take the stim and let it kick in while you are already working. Then your focus will be on the right thing.

Best drug for heavy studying?
Take a wild guess 😬

I agree with above posts re. Sleep, diet, health and self care. I don't want to rely on substances for inconsistent bursts of hyper studying. I am trying to put in daily time for reading and writing but I procrastinate!

Anyone else have that issue and have helpful tips? Apparently it's common for perfectionists to procrastinate.

I agree with above posts re. Sleep, diet, health and self care. I don't want to rely on substances for inconsistent bursts of hyper studyi
ng. I am trying to put in daily time for reading and writing but I procrastinate!

Anyone else have that issue and have helpful tips? Apparently it's common for perfectionists to procrastinate.

Not really, procrastination is a big issue in ADHD, so.... if a "normal" one procrastinates, what is the outcome for him? Nothing. Because he procrastinates. And why should a perfectionist procrastinate? Hmmmm.... think that sucks.

JJ

A good night's rest combined with a solid dose of caffeine directly before studying.

Propylhexedrine also works in a pinch.

And then of course there's the old classic dexamphetamine, but it sounds like you'd probably just run into the same problem you did with methylphenidate. Any stimulant that's stronger than that (like meth) and you get distracted by "other things" rather than studying IMO

^This

Dex and amp moderate caffeine , proper rest, vitamin regiment and strong viable study practices that exploits how your mind works. Ritalin is methylphenidate and your reaction to Adderall could be much different as they are quite different.