• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best drug for getting work done?

soapdropper

Bluelighter
Hello, I work a lot, and the work I do is very tedious and boring but I spend most of my life doing it. I do a couple different gigs (event promoter, artist/graphic designer, video editor, and chauffer). Oxycodone is the best drug for me to get my work done and feel better about all I have to do everyday. I know using these won't last forever so I am looking for a drug that I can acquire legally that would help me get work done while feeling like I could work every day.

I always start my day by taking 10mg of oxycodone, 12.5 mg of diphenhydramine, and a couple sips of diet mtn dew. This gives me a good burst of energy, lifts my mood up, and also also calms me down a bit so I'm not all over the place. I'm looking for something I can buy that will be a replacement for the oxycodone when I run out of my supply. Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated!

(I've also tried THC edibles, Klonopin, Gabapentin, Alcohol, but all of these on their own just make me less functional and I end up wanting to not work and lay down and veg out. I've considered trying to acquire an amphetamine prescription, but feel like that might be the best idea. )

If opioids are your style then kratom is probably a good bet. If you want to get cool visuals and auditory stuff then perhaps try robo tripping, though you do lose the low level effects quite quickly.

Although with robo tripping depending on the doseage you can end up with Huntington's like side effects.

I'm in a similar predicament to you, I want to get high at work and I'm not sure the best option. I hope you dont mind if I pop my situation here too?

I work in manual labour and I'm looking for a psychedelic with minor visual effects that lasts 4-8 hours. I'm thinking 2-C something or other might be something to look into.

Probably weed or caffeine if you want to use for any decent amount of
time
I've tried THC edibles but I'm curious if something with THC & CBD combined would be different than just pure THC. I'm very new to weed, but I had a tough time working on THC.

But I do have my daily caffeinated soda every morning, those are great but I get too jittery and the oxy/dph combo helps mellow me out and feel more positive

Oxycodone can be very habit-forming, be careful about that...

You should try caffeine + l-theanine, it gets rid of the jitters.

I used modafinal for the first time earlier in the year for a few months
I have problems with weight due to being pretty physically disabled and unable to get around
I used to have my daily pain medication, heroin and modafinal and within 2 months I lost 3st and I was far more active and my physical problems were far better also
Unfortunately after stopping the H and Modafinal after afew months I began to regain the weight which is debilitating
I'd snap up modafinal in a heart beat just to get this weight off and be more productive.

Crack I round was too heavy on my heart which is dodgy in general with the bad health, it was almost too heavy that I wouldn't want to provoke the high by moving around

Moda is the best iv found personally for a stimulant

Downside however
I would often go upto 4 days without sleep but I was chasing that to be fair alot of modafinal in a day chased by xopious hot chocolate coffees
So avoid other stimulants if you want to sleep

fwiw
since it wasnt mentioned (unless i missed it), one can dose phenibut every few days to break the monotony and may turn the tedious toil into something bearable. not sure if you have used this substance before or not.
are you around others as you work?

Oxy or adderall definitely made me a working machine.

Cocaine depending on the job, heroin gave me so much energy I could do construction 24 hours a day. Until the days I didn’t have any, then I’d be puking in the porta potty wishing for death

dextroamphetamine works well for me if used sparingly, which I find impossible, so it's a combo of caffeine + bupropion + modafinil

Last edited:
Poppy pods they give that lift and nice mellow feeling keep heroin for home. At the place, I worked for 13 years i got on with everyone. had my pod tea in a bottle, and kept it going.

Well I can relate as oxy was the best work drug for me too, buprenorphine is my go to these days due to price, availability and ease of use.

-GC
This ^ if your into opiates and want a boost of energy bup will deliver at the right dose

Poppy pods they give that lift and nice mellow feeling keep heroin for home. At the place, I worked for 13 years i got on with everyone. had my pod tea in a bottle, and kept it going.
Pods are a miracle IMO, truly a gift from god, it’s when humans start sciencing them where shit goes a little crazy…pods make everything better without that super knock out that heroin or Oxys will give you

I low dose 4F-MPH or 2-FMA and on my 12hr shifts add in a modafinil then use caffeine when necessary for the extra boost.

Dexedrine/dextroamphetamine is definitely your best option here. I take it most days (prescribed) for ADHD.

Some people like microdosing LSD or psilocybin or even 2Cs and DOxs, but amphetamine seems to be the most consistent. I personally find microdoses better for therapeutic purposes than productivity purposes, but sometimes combine them with the dexedrine.

I am personally pretty against using kratom for anything but pain management due to its long term physiological effects and physical dependency (milder than traditional opioids but still quite prevalent.)

Nootropics such as Phenylpiracetam/piracetam/noopept can also work, though I’ve never tried them. I have briefly experimented with Bromantane with mixed results. Some people also like Modafinil.

If you live somewhere without a lot of sun, Vitamin D3 is a must. Other vitamins/supplements that can help include (from most to least active) CBD oil, L-theanine, Magnesium, Zinc, B12, CoQ10, etc.

I don't find microdosing helpful for work other than the perceived energy gain

I think it's overhyped for "creativity", but I'm no Google designer

Well I can relate as oxy was the best work drug for me too, buprenorphine is my go to these days due to price, availability and ease of use.

-GC
During the years I had a script/connect for oxycodone 30-40-80 mg
I could build a house then tear it back down in a week

not sure how viable this is for long term, but i spent some weeks or months using a low dose (5mg or so) of 3-meo-PCE at work (think amazon type package sending warehouse crap), and i found that not only did it help me integrate new skills in speed and accuracy, but helped break the mundane bun pain.

a few times i even took it to 15 or so mg, i don't think anyone noticed even though it seemed like i may have slightly been slurring.

i NEVER operated heavy machinery while on it, just so you know.

[edit]
I am personally pretty against using kratom for anything but pain management due to its long term physiological effects and physical dependency (milder than traditional opioids but still quite prevalent.)

oof, finding this out the hard way

Pods are a miracle IMO, truly a gift from god, it’s when humans start sciencing them where shit goes a little crazy…pods make everything better without that super knock out that heroin or Oxys will give you
They the best everything is alright you in a nice place get on with oth/ers only downside the wd on them just drags 22 days in the leg and back pain still there