• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Best benzo to have on hand in case of psychedelic trip gone bad

etizolam works very fast, within 10 minute you feel the effect.
its cheap and also a bit euphoric. highly recommended.
3mg and you just cannot bad trip :)

If you're looking to just calm a trip down, then an anxiolytic like Pyrazolam would be of help. If you want to /end/ one then I'd say Haloperidol.

Alprazolam is good for immediate measures, as in when one starts to panic

A good strategy for beginners is taking a long-acting benzo (i.e. clonazepam) before the trip as a preventive measure.

^^ I don't really recommend pre-emptively taking a benzo as it will reduce the psychedelia. Plus it's healthy to work through anxiety. Now, if the anxiety gets horrible during the trip and you can't deal with it, a fast-acting benzo can be a good solution. I do feel like people often jump too readily to benzos... unless you have an anxiety problem, anxiety can generally be dealt with and once you get past it you're a stronger person. In the majority of my anxiety-filled trips I was glad I went through it afterwards because the trip resolved into something beautiful, but if you abort that process, that doesn't happen. Maybe no harm is done, but you might have denied yourself a beautiful and strengthening experience.

I'm not saying there is no use for them or no value in having them on hand just in case but just because you're feeling anxiety, that doesn't make it a bad thing.