Best Band of All Time

Until recently, I would not have been able to pick between Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and the Beatles.

Then I bought myself a copy of the Led Zeppelin DVD this year.

We have a winner.

papermate said:
i cant beleive im only the 3rd person to sayU2

I am appalled that 3 people had the balls to say something that horrid. I have to go with...

The Beatles
pink floyd
led z - even though I don't like them
grateful dead
rolling stones

I don't like all of those bands, err zepplin and the stones, but you know, they did their part.

That is more of a most influential bands list though. Perhaps great influence is an even bigger indicator of overall greatness.

Anyone who innovates and creates their own style of music.

Michael is right about parliment...

Michael Jackson

And pre-drug daze Hendrix... catch that man on a Blues Guitar album and he's gold... after that his playing was dirty and unskilled. imo

for me no one can match the level of innovation and experimentation that Pink Floyd can, so i would have to say them, because i respect the way that they have influenced modern rock music...

I'm going to have to go with the Beatles. Even there played out shit shows how much they completely shattered the form and gestures of how music was played, made, and preformed. Not to mention the influential wight they still have on todays best bands like Tool or even a lot of electronic music out there. Peace, Spinal

On that note, I was relieved to see that there are others who replied the same as I (GYBE).

Those of you who have not heard this group must check them out. Their music is the most epic, powerful stuff I've ever heard. I remember watching war footage on a cable network with the sound muted and "Rockets Fall On Rocket Falls" and thinking, "Holy shit. This is HEAVY."

They are like the organic instrument equivilent to Boards of Canada. But then again, after hearing Christ's LP, 'Metamorphic Reproductrion Miracle'... it seems that Boards of Canada have some rivals in their own league!

BEST

Pink Floyd
THAT!! Yes. I’ll always have a hard time picking a favorite band but really by now at this age I might be a little closed minded because Pink Floyd always was and always will be my favorite especially RogerWaters Pink Floyd and his solo work. Of course I like all Pink Floyd but when the split took place in the 80s and I saw PF in concert Which, by the way, was fan freaking tastic!

I love the final cut which Roger Rogers wrote everything on there except for what they later added which was the Tigers broke free. And that was your last album together and then David Gilmour took the Pink Floyd name and moved on. Weiser Waters has been better about it would like to get back together but it’s just not gonna happen. During the pandemic last message I got lost John Prine on April 7 Avenue and he was like a second father to me. A lot of people put tributes out in during the pandemic Roger Waters put several John Prine tribute out one which was highly interesting which is a bluegrass song about Kentucky and you have Roger Waters with his English accent redoing that song that’s weird

But he also put out a new version of mother and you only need to see to get a huge boost out of it a 15 second clip which I made for Twitter I couldn’t just find it or download it easily so I just made it again take a look…

THAT!! Yes. I’ll always have a hard time picking a favorite band but really by now at this age I might be a little closed minded because Pink Floyd always was and always will be my favorite especially RogerWaters Pink Floyd and his solo work. Of course I like all Pink Floyd but when the split took place in the 80s and I saw PF in concert Which, by the way, was fan freaking tastic!

I love the final cut which Roger Rogers wrote everything on there except for what they later added which was the Tigers broke free. And that was your last album together and then David Gilmour took the Pink Floyd name and moved on. Weiser Waters has been better about it would like to get back together but it’s just not gonna happen. During the pandemic last message I got lost John Prine on April 7 Avenue and he was like a second father to me. A lot of people put tributes out in during the pandemic Roger Waters put several John Prine tribute out one which was highly interesting which is a bluegrass song about Kentucky and you have Roger Waters with his English accent redoing that song that’s weird

But he also put out a new version of mother and you only need to see to get a huge boost out of it a 15 second clip which I made for Twitter I couldn’t just find it or download it easily so I just made it again take a look…

I don't know how many of you all are into bands, but just thought i'd ask for those who are/were into rock, which band in your opinion is the greatest of all time.

I can't go past Led Zeppelin. i'd like to see what other people's opinions are.
Ye Zeppelins are great...but for me third may be..after Floyd and Sabbath

Waters is great,but early Floyd are incrediblle.True psychedelia