Best Band of All Time

Complete Random

Bluelighter
I don't know how many of you all are into bands, but just thought i'd ask for those who are/were into rock, which band in your opinion is the greatest of all time.

I can't go past Led Zeppelin. i'd like to see what other people's opinions are.

theres waaay to many to choose from...but id prolly have to go with the Beatles

(runners up: doors, pink floyd, hendrix etc etc :p)

The Clash are THE Best. Band. EVER...

(rock, punk, whatever you feel the need to label them into, they still managed to craft a damn fine song, and get a message out to the people) :)

The Doors have had the biggest influence on my life. Nirvana, Joy Division, The Cure, Tool and Black Sabbath are certainly up there.

there is no such thing as a "best band of all time"

all bands play their part in rock music and history.

In my world, Tool. No other band has had such a positive influence on the way I think and view the world.

I guess Bad Religion for me... It takes some fucking skill to take all those meaningful, complicated, big words and work them into a song without disrupting the melody...

Mean Girl said:
The Clash are THE Best. Band. EVER...

(rock, punk, whatever you feel the need to label them into, they still managed to craft a damn fine song, and get a message out to the people) :)

I'M WITH YOU!!! THE CLASH IS IT!!!

Originally posted by lostpunk5545
I guess Bad Religion for me... It takes some fucking skill to take all those meaningful, complicated, big words and work them into a song without disrupting the melody...

Werd. Greg Graffin crafts lyrics like no one else can. Plus they're the only punk band around that will flawlessly execute a three hour show. That takes some serious stamina.

However, as far as the best band of all time? I think you can really only have the best band for you. As asianfreek said, "all bands play their part in rock music and history", and I agree.

^^^
there's soo many influential and wonderful bands throughout history, but I must agree with BA on this one...

or maybe i meant to say parliment/funkadelic

(really, i could name at least 10 more)

The Sex Pistols. Their impact was immense, not just musically, but politically and culturally. In Britain, they gave an entire generation a new understanding of what it was to be British, and pointed the way to how to change society. Yes, the Clash were a great band, Joy Division too (and I loved them both and many others besides), but they wouldn’t have even happened if it wasn’t for Rotten and Co. No other band has ever been as vital as the Pistols were - they genuinely made a difference.