• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Best Anxiolytic with Cocaine

dcraver877

Bluelighter
I have been experimenting the last month or so with various combinations of downers with very high quality cocaine (which has been rare up until now). I have tried combining it with clonazepam, alprazolam, and pregabalin (lyrica) all on seperate occasions.

Does anyone have any experience with this combination? I have a very minor benzo tolerance but haven't taken any for 2-3 weeks. Is a combination of all three a good idea?

Will there be any negative interactions between the three? And, is it relatively safe compared to alcohol?
%)

The danger that comes to mind to me is not recognizing the level of sedation from benzos due to the cocaine high and then overdosing on them. I think your best course of action would be saving the downers until after you are done with the stim.

I took 50mg of lyrica earlier. I was thinking about adding .5 mg of clonazapam after dinner before I start on the lines. I'm having a bit of anxiety after using opiates earlier this week....:|

Mixing alcohol with cocaine is the least safe thing you can do, it creates a new drug called cocaethylene which is even more cardiotoxic than cocaine.

My advice would be wait for the comedown, and using clonazepam or alprazolam.

Personally I think clonazepam would be better, but the difference between it and alprazolam, for your purposes, is very small.

No experience with using pregabalin for the comedown, plenty using clonazepam, however. :)

yea I was thinkin a small dose of the klonopin before and a little bit of xanax and some green for afterwards

and the alcohol thing is like deadly to me, i get an allergic reaction to alcohol itself so I definitely will not be drinking. :)

I just wanted to know how it compares safety-wise

^That would work as well, and you'd be taking advantage of how much longer-lasting clonazepam is vs. alprazolam.

Smoking cannabis on the comedown of cocaine is also a good idea. Good luck! :)

imo a low dose of klonopin during and a dose of xanax for the comedown...

^Probably the best one.

I think its a good idea to mention again that mixing alcohol with cocaine is by far the most dangerous option, stick with using benzos and/or cannabis.

just to let you guys know...this is a great combo!

I was experiencing some malaise/anxiety/restless because I took 50mg codeine and used kratom a couple days last weekend. Because of this, I took the klonopin and the lyrica helped a bit. The xanax worked amazing as an alcohol substitute (still with I could drink though).

Next time, I think I will nix the lyrica. I think it dulled the euphoria quite a bit and made me a little too lethargic. The clonazepam, however, is perfect.

Anyways, still feelin great...got some fat lines lined up and .5-.6 of some shrubbery to help pass out. meh, maybe I will just take a ton of valerian as I am trying to avoid dependence on benzos (had horrible withdrawals couple years back when scripted).

shit, sorry for the rambling post, gotta couple fatties left and a tiny rock just for novelty.

gotta go bluelight, peace

I have to say that while I agree that the benzos are better saved for the comedown, clonazepam before/during cocaine is always great.

There is something about kpins and coke... they really take the edge off but don't seem to dull the euphoria of coke (well, the usual impurities in coke, I should say).

And add a nice buzz to it, kind of like with alcohol, although the klonopin is preferable and less toxic as neighborhoodthreat pointed out.

Definitely clonazepam during and alprazolam after...

I always preferred diazepam if and when I had the option, over the aforementioned benzodiazepines. But honestly any one will do, and will essentially provide the same therapeutic benefit.

IME, it's much more difficult to discern between the somewhat subtle differences of various benzos when they are used in conjunction with a stimulant, (or really any other drug for that matter) than when they are used in the absence of other substances.

Always use xanax when i'm doing coke, otherwise gettin too paranoid. Another option is to drink extremely heavy, but that I usually do anyway. 2+2mg xanax with the coke over the night, then maybe 40-60mg valium afterwards for it's musclerelaxing effects, preferably with some green...trying to stay away from benzos nowdays though, easy to use it more than you should.

Whenever I partake in cocaine/crack usage I HAVE to have either some kind of benzo (preferably ativan or diazapam) or SOMA. I have serious anxiety issues in the first place and cocaine seriously exacerbates it during the come down. If I have benzos, I am okay. If I do not, then the comedown becomes unbearable.

Combining low dose benzos with cocaine is not very dangerous. Just keep your doses low. Benzos are the safer option in comparison to alcohol. Combining alcohol and cocaine creates a substance called "cocoaethylene", which is much more toxic to the body.

I have read the posts and was very surprised when people said clonazepam is the best anxiolytic to use due to no inhibition of the cocaine high, I personally find the opposite of this. The times I've taken a benzo it seriously dulled the euphoria. As dangerous as it is to mix alcohol and cocaine, I feel that this is the only combination of a CNS stimulant and depressant that doesn't affect the effect of euphoria, with the exception of opioids--though at the same time the high when mixed with opioids is shorter, resulting in less overall euphoria (since you won't experience much 30 minutes to an hour after dosing) due to the lack of cocaethylene formation.
I guess I'd like to know if anyone else has found this as well, or am I part of a small minority of people that have the same reaction with benzos, clonazepam specifically?

Last edited:
My experience has been that Klonopin is the best benzo to cushion the shitty mood that can often accompany a cocaine comedown. Klonopin and Soma (carisoprodol), actually. Take the Klonopin when your coke supply is running low and/or you're doing your last line, since it takes a while to kick in, and by the time your last dosage of coke wears off the comedown is much less of a bitch. It's never interfered or negated the coke high. Opiates like hydro- or oxycodone (or even Tylenol w/codeine) work best of all after or even while doing coke, but since benzos for the most part are easier to obtain, I'd say they come in second place. Klonopin works better for me than Valium. I imagine Xanax would work best as they start working quickly. As I mentioned some Soma always helps too, and if you have some weed around a bowl or two is also helpful. And make sure you hydrate!

I think a short acting benzo is better (for IV cocaine I would use Xanax when I wasn't doing heroin, it worked pretty well). They hit harder and faster and leave your system sooner. With clonazepam, people offten don't ER the reliefe they want as soon as they want it and they take rediculously high dosages which can lead to OD.

Like NHT said though, if cannabis can work for you, stick with that. Personally it makes me paranoid, but for those who get a calming and sedative effect from it, it's by far better than benzo's, alchohol or other CNS depressants which cause dependency and can lead to overdose.

honestly any benzo or opiate in low enough dose. It will dull out some of the stimulant effects so you need to make sure not to go over 1 line per 20-25 min.