• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

benzos help

Shroomin407kush

Greenlighter
Valium oxazepam or tenazepam

Witch do y'all find most sedating I take 10mg valium I can honestly take 200mg of valium n still be fine I need something more sedating that last medium amount of tiime most similar to Xanax I know oxazepam​ is gone in like 8 hours 2 fastest to halicon Wich I know is hardly ever prescribed or if you know of another benzos or strong sensitive please suggest

I personally find temazepam to be quite sedating - it is an intermediate-acting 3-hydroxy hypnotic anologue of diazepam. I find it has the strongest sedative action and would probably use that out of the three to help get to sleep.

Last edited:
Never had oxazepam so I can't comment on it. Between Valium and temazepam I'd definitely say temazepam, I can barely even sleep on it now though. I haven't personally ever seen it outside of a hospital setting but if you can get ahold of any, midazolam will knock you out cold, at least that they gave me in an IV did me and I can't really sleep on anything. The only other common one I can think of is Ativan, but it only works when I'm already sleepy.

I would say clonazepam (Klonopin) is the most sedating. Never tried oxazepam though. I've tried many benzos and find klonopin to be the best. Valium is good but I would personally rank it low on the sedating scale compared to other benzos.

Temazepam I'd a hypnotic benzo so it's going to put you out most likely. I had a script for awhile but it's the only benzo to ever give me the spins.

I would say clonazepam (Klonopin) is the most sedating. Never tried oxazepam though. I've tried many benzos and find klonopin to be the best. Valium is good but I would personally rank it low on the sedating scale compared to other benzos.

Can't take k pins they make me overly angry

Never had oxazepam so I can't comment on it. Between Valium and temazepam I'd definitely say temazepam, I can barely even sleep on it now though. I haven't personally ever seen it outside of a hospital setting but if you can get ahold of any, midazolam will knock you out cold, at least that they gave me in an IV did me and I can't really sleep on anything. The only other common one I can think of is Ativan, but it only works when I'm already sleepy.

Midazolam is wonderful I've also had it 3 times in the hospital IV can't get prescribed it though and so would you say Ativan or tenazepam, Ativan does nothing for me I can easily take 20mg
You think tenazepam is better more like Xanax?.

I gotta agree with the suggestion to go with temazepam...oxazepam takes forever to kick in and is a weak benzo all around, only good for benzo withdrawal in my opinion

I personally find temazepam to be quite sedating - it is an intermediate-acting 3-hydroxy hypnotic anologue of diazepam. I find it has the strongest sedative action and would probably use that out of the three to help get to sleep.

That's the same as Xanax right intermediate acting,and how similar do you think it is to Xanax

I personally find temazepam to be quite sedating

Agreed. Of all benzos - if I want something to help with sleep, in benzo form, then mazies are best IMO. They're actually Rx'd for sleep-aide. Unlike almost all other benzos which are for anxiety and with xanax; panic attacks.

That's the same as Xanax right intermediate acting,and how similar do you think it is to Xanax

temazapan is nothing like xanax - it's probably as strong; but its much more sedating. Xanax can definitely leave you feeling MUUUCH nicer than temazepam. Like with mazies - its about falling asleep. Whereas - if I take xanax, its to stay awake and feel awesome.

Do rcs count?

These are the best sleepers for me:

flubromazolam - definitely no. 1, fast kick in (30-60 minutes depending on if you are trying to stay awake or actually fall asleep), high potency, gives you a good 8-12h of deep sleep (depending on dose/tolerance), you feel relatively fine (as in not benzed out) in the morning although some anti anxiety effects are still around

flunitrazolam - even stronger/faster than the last one, problem is that it's too fun to waste on sleep and that in only lasts a few h so it's good if you can't fall asleep but no good if you can't fall asleep, it's duration is very short so while very intense while it lasts you are basically normal in a few hours

clonazolam - similar timeline to flubromazolam (maybe slightly slower kick in), in fact they are both extremely similar in a way, the main difference is that clonazolam is not as strong a hypnotic as flubromazolam (there is the R2' fluorine in action) but is imo overall stronger by a tiny bit so you'll get a bit less sleep (at equal doses) but a bit more anti anxiety effects in the morning, you can also take a lower dose and just get the anti anxiety effects (doesn't work well with flubromazolam)

flubromazepam - similar to a stretched out flubromazolam (every thing is longer, kick in, duration of sleep, length of anxiolytic effects after) weaker flubromazolam, imo it actually feels a bit better than flam, so if you have the time it's the better choice however be warned that without any benzo tolerance or stims this might have you sleeping (or drifting in and out of sleep) for a day or tw

norflurazepam - warmer fuzzier flubromazepam, other that the fact I like it better it's not all that different than flubromazepam

Prescription wise diazepam/lorazepam/alprazolam/bromazepam were very shitty as far as sleep is concerned. Diazepam is otherwise quite decent and nice feeling, alprazolam is ok I guess but I never got ppls obsession with it, lorazepam is garbage and bromazepam is a decent anxiolytic. Getting a prescription for the real hypnotics (triazolam, nitrazepam, temazepam, midazolam, flunitrazepam) is just about impossible.

Zopiclone (not a benzo but since we are talking sleeping pills) worked very well.

And of course the king of sleeping meds - ghb, if you can get that get as much as you can.

oxazepams a really crappy benzo imo - kids get prescribed it a fair bit cause its pretty weak

temazapan is nothing like xanax - it's probably as strong; but its much more sedating. Xanax can definitely leave you feeling MUUUCH nicer than temazepam. Like with mazies - its about falling asleep. Whereas - if I take xanax, its to stay awake and feel awesome.
totally agree with that one mate

oxazepams a really crappy benzo imo - kids get prescribed it a fair bit cause its pretty weak

Real talk bro. Also I notice it seems to be the benzo most prescribed to older ladies in my area. A lot of old ladies I know get 15 and 30 mg oxazepam for everything ranging from insomnia to managing chronic alcohol dependencey.

I used to use it for benzo withdrawal. Even when I was really sick 240-300 mgs of oxazepam would work very good and relieve all my symptoms....though it often took about an hour and a half to 2 hours until I felt completely better, even with sublingual dosing, compared to 15-20 minutes it took me to feel full wd relief after sublingual alprazolam.i was taking usually, anywhere from 6-10 mgs of alprazolam or clonazepam typically twice to 3 times daily. And oxazepam was able to hold me until I could get my benzos of choice.

I also think Diazepam is great and under appreciated by most. It had great effects though, and when taken everyday it accumulates from the long half life and u will have long lasting relief of the symptoms you are taking benzos for imo, whether it be for dependency/maintenance/taper, anxiety, skeletal-muscle issues etc.

I think the benzo conversion charts are a little misleading this way by putting 10 mgs of diazepam as 0.5 mgs of alprazolam...while true for initial one time dosing, I'm sure it changes when it comes to chronic everyday use. I was admitted to the hospital with a severe dependencey on alprazolam and clonazepam.

Like I said I typically took 20-30 mgs of either/or per day, sometimes more if a darknet order came in. So they kept me for almost a month,27 days or something, and they stabilized me on a once daily dose of 100 mgs of diazepam. Which according to most charts is 5 mgs of alprazolam or clonazepam. I thought no way it would hold me. and it was kinda rough at first when I had to build up to the 100 mgs, but after just a few days my withdrawal was completely controlled, and truth be told I even got a good buzz as they would dose my Diazepam and methadone at the same time every morning. (One nurse left and returned explains she thought the dose was supposed to be 10 mgs p.o and there was a typo extra 0 on the doctors orders as she'd never seen 100 mgs before I guess.....another refused to give me my methadone and Valium together saying the doses were to high until she spoke to the doctor)

The downside was, it took me 2 years to taper off the Diazepam, but it worked great for suppressing my withdrawal, relieving my anxiety and social discomfort, I slept excellent every night. And the effects seemed to last around the clock.....maybe try it out in equipotent doses of what u take of xanax and see how u like it for ur symptoms

Last edited:
I think the benzo conversion charts are a little misleading this way by putting 10 mgs of diazepam as 0.5 mgs of alprazolam...while true for initial one time dosing, I'm sure it changes when it comes to chronic everyday use. I was admitted to the hospital with a severe dependencey on alprazolam and clonazepam.

They aren't so much wrong (well maybe with some of the new rc benzos where not enough research exists yet to give accurate numbers) as they are often misused. They are a rough guideline for knowing how much of benzo A to give to a person addicted to benzo B if you are a doctor who just got a patient with seizures from benzo wd. Anything more was tacked on later.

No only perscriptios and I get absolutely nothing from valium even as high as 200mg and I take zopledium generic Ambien works alright

Valium is okay for tapering off opiates but that's about it I thought oxazepam would be good as it's half life is only 8 hours n I'd say 20 mg of valium is equal to .25 of xanax