• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Benzos for Opioid WD

If I were you, I'd taper the opiates, then use benzos whenever you can't bear it. You do NOT want to trade an opiate addiction for a benzo addiction so you need to be really careful of that. And benzos will not cover up opiate addiction, they will just help somewhat. My advice is to only use benzos for sleep, if you can manage to sleep, withdrawal is going to be much easier to manage. Benzos 24/7 is asking for dependence, but just for sleep for a week won't be a danger (unless you have had benzo addiction in the past).

Y isn't anyone recommending loperamide AND gabapentin/lyrica. That's the only way i can fking get clean, ct Is just suffering unnecesarely.

lyrica makes me sooo loopy, and I can barely walk, plus I feel in a very odd way, my chest becomes heavier and I talk in a very slury way, it's like a seroquel but much more strange except I can't fall asleep on it, I feel like on X and alcohol, maybe I was just doing too much

usually my go to benzo in opioid withdrawal is clonazepam during the day, low to mid dose alprazolam during the night

I'm surprised I don't see weed mentioned more, it is honestly very helpful for opiate withdrawals. It's not a magic cure but it makes the process more comfortable and without the addiction potential of benzos or pregabalin etc.

But yeah as everyone has already said, avoid CT if possible anyway, but weed is still nice during a taper to take the edge off.

I'm surprised I don't see weed mentioned more, it is honestly very helpful for opiate withdrawals. It's not a magic cure but it makes the process more comfortable and without the addiction potential of benzos or pregabalin etc.

But yeah as everyone has already said, avoid CT if possible anyway, but weed is still nice during a taper to take the edge off.
Actually Bro, weed intensifies the wds a Lot, especially the mental aspect in my case.

Actually Bro, weed intensifies the wds a Lot, especially the mental aspect in my case.

Has the opposite effect on me.

Obviously it differs by individual, and the strain will make a big difference too, but it's worthwhile suggestion because if it works for someone it avoids too much reliance on other addictive comfort meds like benzos and pregabs.

Go for a chill indica dominant strain and it should help, it always helped me.

Please reconsider doing this cold turkey. Is there any kind of slick sales pitch I can use to make you reconsider this course? We can help you every step of the way.

I can easily see you finishing this with a dependence upon Benzodiazepines. That is only one possible outcome. I dont know what will happen exactly, but I feel confident that you're stated goal of being Opioid-free is more likely to be reached with a compromise.

More than once, I've ended up in a locked-door Psychiatric Ward after starting an "aggressive" taper of Opioids. There is no way I could possibly resist taking Opioids if I were sick and they were available.
I have a benzo dependence. It's nasty. That said, it didn't develop in days, or weeks. It took months and really over a year to get it to the point that it would be dangerous to stop cold turkey.

There's a difference between dependence and addiction. If OP likes benzos too much, he could get addicted to them instead of heroin.

However if OP is not drawn to benzos, which don't have much euphoria compared to opioids, I doubt that the dependence induced by a few days or week of use will be significant.

And to OP, id go with the longest lasting ones, diazepam or clonazepam

That is admittedly a high dose for cold turkeying. Do you happen to have clonidine? You can buy clonidine, which is not a controlled substance, from mimaki family pharmacy in japan. While opioid withdrawal is rarely fatal, safer to cold turkey than benzos, it can still be nasty. Benzos will help the restless legs, insomnia, help u relax in one way, clonidine will help with a lot of the intense adrenergic symptoms , blood pressure , etc. I think btwn clonidine and benzos you should be set. I seriously disagree with other posters that you should automatically not use the benzos. Using them for a short time period is not going to be the end of the world.

Another thought ... If careful to not precipitate withdrawals dose wise , could throw in some ultra low dose naltrexone
Hey all.

I'm seriously considering stopping my Oxycodone prescription which I've been on for 4 years. Basically I don't feel it's appropriate to take 120mg of Oxy IR daily anymore cos my level of pain has decreased significantly over the past 6 months. I want to do this cold turkey as it's the quickest way but I also want to try and mitigate the WD's as much as possible. It's common knowledge that benzos are very useful for opioid WDs, should I do this under the supervision of my doctor and HOPE that he prescribes a temporary course of benzos or should I do it alone and buy the benzos off a close friend of mine who sells pharma grade benzos of all types? I'd prefer to do the latter tbh. The benzos my friend sells are:

Alprazolam (1mg pills)
Clonazepam (2mg pills)
Diazepam (5-10mg pills)
Lorazepam (2-2.5mg pills)
Temazepam (10mg jellies)
Nitrazepam (5-10mg pills)

They all come in boxes of 28 tablets.

Which benzo or benzos from that list would u choose to aid opioid WD? And what dosage regimen would u recommend? Cheers guys.

the weed works for me too, especially for the stomach, for the insomnia not really, but if it's shitty weed it does the opposite and it turns the experience into an edgy one.

i used your method wilson with tappering and then switching to codeine, the codeine withdrawal was really bearable, especially when I got to only 240mg codeine every mid-day. didnt get high from it obviously but it was a nice touch, the wds consisted of some bowel issues but very soft ones, compared to tramadol snri withdrawal or the hard knock withdrawal of oxycodone it was much better, in 3 days I began to feel better

the weed works for me too, especially for the stomach, for the insomnia not really, but if it's shitty weed it does the opposite and it turns the experience into an edgy one.

i used your method wilson with tappering and then switching to codeine, the codeine withdrawal was really bearable, especially when I got to only 240mg codeine every mid-day. didnt get high from it obviously but it was a nice touch, the wds consisted of some bowel issues but very soft ones, compared to tramadol snri withdrawal or the hard knock withdrawal of oxycodone it was much better, in 3 days I began to feel better

Glad it helped you mate! When I moved down to the codeine it was the same, obviously no high but it kept me well for the most part, and jumping off it was much easier than jumping off oxy. Main problem I had was feeling completely numb mentally. Basically depression came back. Lasted for two months after coming off the oxy. Was so glad when it passed.

the loss of focus is unbearable, I had a mini-relapse, was set on learning angular(typescript version) but I didn't do shit for a week. the depression is awfull, only reason I get back on tramadol are the paws. moved back in a city that I stayed in earlier where I had the oxy connect, but after thinking on it, I didn't want to nod out all day for months, plus the withdrawal is horrible, only once I managed to get below 80mg with the green sandoz ones , the lure of them combined with weed is on another level of fucked up.

plus this corona issue makes the first rule (never get out of supply) impossible without sinking in major money

the loss of focus is unbearable, I had a mini-relapse, was set on learning angular(typescript version) but I didn't do shit for a week. the depression is awfull, only reason I get back on tramadol are the paws. moved back in a city that I stayed in earlier where I had the oxy connect, but after thinking on it, I didn't want to nod out all day for months, plus the withdrawal is horrible, only once I managed to get below 80mg with the green sandoz ones , the lure of them combined with weed is on another level of fucked up.

plus this corona issue makes the first rule (never get out of supply) impossible without sinking in major money

I was getting the green Sandoz too. Italian ones yeah? They must have been doing the rounds. Used to get a box or two every month.

I've not even been tempted to go back to oxy since I last kicked it, and I kicked it... holy shit 7 months ago! I should be proud of that.

Cheeky dealer even chucked in a strip of oxy with a Xanax deal recently. Tried one, thought it felt pretty mediocre, and just gave the rest away.

I reckon the reason is simply because I'm not depressed anymore. Oxy numbs you to pain, but I no longer have any pain.

So fucking glad I kicked it way before this corona shit. My heart truly goes out to any addicts right now. Luckily I can still get benzos and weed and a bit of codeine here and there. But even if I wanted to I couldn't get oxy atm.

One of my old stash pics...

QqI6Kjh.jpg

would slap a granny for some dhc with xanax, had the purple 1mg ones right before the quarantine, so glad that they are gone. you get all this prescribed? beside the oxy I suppose since they are italians, as an opsec I sugest to cut off the serials on the ends of the blister and box, saves your man mainly, since they are traceble to the deposit they came from and from the deposit you can find out which pharmacy ordered them. it's strange because in eastern europe the xanax has the serial code on every little square instead of only the end.

here they turned DHC on the same script level as fucking morphine, as in a yellow script, anyway glad that you broke the habit, you used to do a fair mix of them. bromazepam is really nice, it's a shame that here they come in maximum 6mg doses, you need a handful of them to feel them properly. here the rivotril is in little glass recipients along with a cotton ball when they are sealed, not in blisters

would slap a granny for some dhc with xanax, had the purple 1mg ones right before the quarantine, so glad that they are gone. you get all this prescribed? beside the oxy I suppose since they are italians, as an opsec I sugest to cut off the serials on the ends of the blister and box, saves your man mainly, since they are traceble to the deposit they came from and from the deposit you can find out which pharmacy ordered them. it's strange because in eastern europe the xanax has the serial code on every little square instead of only the end.

here they turned DHC on the same script level as fucking morphine, as in a yellow script, anyway glad that you broke the habit, you used to do a fair mix of them. bromazepam is really nice, it's a shame that here they come in maximum 6mg doses, you need a handful of them to feel them properly. here the rivotril is in little glass recipients along with a cotton ball when they are sealed, not in blisters

DHC is seriously good imo. Has such a nice euphoria but without the potency of stronger opiates. Certainly a better way to fuck with that family of drugs than touching oxy.

Can't make out the serials from the oxy or most of the benzo blisters in that pic. The Xanax you can, but I doubt anything would be done to the Eastern European pharmacy that sold them, they are basically OTC in their country of origin anyway. I'll keep it in mind for the future though.

Some of that was scripted but most was from dealers. Off all of it now. I still take clonazepam and diazepam in low doses and not every day. I'll have some codeine or DHC as a treat now and then. Sometimes I'll make some pod tea or take kratom. That's about it. No more huge pharma stashes for me.

Bromazepam is real real nice. One of my favourites. Shame it is so rare to find in my country. Temazepam is the best benzo imo but again so rare.

I meant in real life, in the pic they aren't noticeable at all, my pharmacist taught me. in the future there will be a more serious serialization of the boxes, so fictive loss during inventory ( fixtures actually I think they are called ) will be more hard, although being on good term with a couple of software oriented guys will help any operation of this kind.

don't you guys have a lot of fakes in the uk? I guess with this shit only way to buy them is from guys who stockpiled rc benzo powders and are pressing them or people who get scripts but don't use them and they sell em. I'm really curious what's gonna happen if the lockdown is gonna continue for more time, here they want to slowly reopen in 15 may, maybe other sister countries will follow, but it's still gonna be tricky to export it for them

Friend had prescription for Diazepam for opioid WD. Doctor told him he choosed Diazepam because it's most effective benzo in terms of muscle relaxation.

I meant in real life, in the pic they aren't noticeable at all, my pharmacist taught me. in the future there will be a more serious serialization of the boxes, so fictive loss during inventory ( fixtures actually I think they are called ) will be more hard, although being on good term with a couple of software oriented guys will help any operation of this kind.

don't you guys have a lot of fakes in the uk? I guess with this shit only way to buy them is from guys who stockpiled rc benzo powders and are pressing them or people who get scripts but don't use them and they sell em. I'm really curious what's gonna happen if the lockdown is gonna continue for more time, here they want to slowly reopen in 15 may, maybe other sister countries will follow, but it's still gonna be tricky to export it for them

We have some fake Valium and definitely a lot of fake Xanax, but they're very obvious fakes most of the time. The majority of fakes are sold loose without any blister packs, they crumble in your hand, the pill imprint is one you can only get in America, etc etc... if you actually know your benzos most fakes are very easy to spot.

As for the fake Xanax pretty much 100% of those are pressed bars. Those are not prescribed here and again the low quality of the presses makes it obvious they're fakes. If someone is trying to sell you a pill that's only scripted in the US, you can safely assume it's fake. But the European blisters are most often legit.

Some fakes do come in blister packs, but this is relatively rare thankfully. They are also pretty easy to tell from the real deal if you know what real ones are supposed to look like. For example fake Kern diazepam comes in strips of ten even though the real ones come in big strips of 30. The fake pills are also big while the real ones are tiny. Fakes are pressed with etizolam.

Usually benzos from Galenika are legit. I have personally never had fake Galenika benzos and I've been getting 'em for years.

If I'm unsure about a new batch I send a pill to WEDINOS to get it tested, but whenever I've done that it's always come back as what it should be.

I feel sorry for people who get fake presses, here the benzos are not OTC but if the pharmacy has a good relationships with a few psychiatrists and doctors they can give you a pack OTC and they get a script for it later, but it's less regular than it was 5 years ago, then they were dispensing tramadol,codeine,clonazepam and diazepam like candies.

Friend had prescription for Diazepam for opioid WD. Doctor told him he choosed Diazepam because it's most effective benzo in terms of muscle relaxation.

diazepam is really useful too, I had some ampoules when I quit in december, although they were 10mg/2ml ones, so I had to use those huge syringes and ended up shooting a lot more. only downside was that the shot had a little sting to it because of the solution it was disolved in, it was medical grade tho, it's not advised at all to shoot up benzo pills since they are hardly soluble, especially in simple water. it helped a lot honestly, but from the OPs dose he should get to at least 40mg before CT-ing, then followed by a strict week of benzo use would help to take the edge off,

For me, weed exacerbates anxiety if I have it, so it makes withdrawal worse since I get more anxious. But if weed is anti-anxiety for you, then yeah it can help.

For me, weed exacerbates anxiety if I have it, so it makes withdrawal worse since I get more anxious. But if weed is anti-anxiety for you, then yeah it can help.

Yeah this is one that definitely depends on the individual. If you find weed calming it will help. If it prangs you out it'll obviously make it worse.

Strain makes a lot of difference but unless you have legal dispensaries you kinda have to take what your dealer has and take his word it is what he says.