• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Benzos + alcohol

Patrickthelizard

Greenlighter
Hey guys.
So i drink alot as i always do on fridays. Have pretty hight tolerance and take 1.5mg of Benzos.
I like this combination alot and sometimes i black out after the night out but wake up fine.
If i, let’s say, keep it to 1mg benzos with my drinking. Would that be fine?
If it has been concluded that my body handles this dosage well.. does that mean itll always will? Or will i black out and not wake up one of those times. (1mg benzos seem low and fine to me)

Hey guys.
So i drink alot as i always do on fridays. Have pretty hight tolerance and take 1.5mg of Benzos.
I like this combination alot and sometimes i black out after the night out but wake up fine.
If it has been concluded that my body handles this dosage well.. does that mean itll always will? Or will i black out and not wake up one of those times. (1mg benzos seem low and fine to me)
nawwwwwww, its gonna F you up, dont want you to roll the dice and see, i been on xanax for a lil while, and BL folks cured me of wanting to mix about anything with booze, be safe..........too many dead people out there that cant tell you they were doing what you are doing will kill you, maim self, perhaps even injure another, we are all smart, know you are.....so dont be stupid. cleaned up one too many pukers, that might be taking the dirt nap if no one was around

Last edited:
nawwwwwww, its gonna F you up, don't want you to roll the dice and see, i been on Xanax for a lil while, and BL folks cured me of wanting to mix about anything with booze, be safe...….too many dead people out there that cant tell you they were doing what you are doing will kill you, maim self, perhaps even injure another, we are all smart, know you are.....so don't be stupid. cleaned up one to many pukers, that might be taking the dirt nap if no one was around

hearty AMEN to this!

hearty AMEN to this!
Preach Christina Aguilera GIF

1.5mg of which benzo? Alprazolam or Clonazepam? And how much alcohol do you consume?

Regardless, booze + benzos is one of the worst fuckin combos ever

Erratic behaviour, blackouts, life threatening withdrawal if dependent
Alprazolam.
No puking, no erratic behavior, just dream state high and fun. Sure i pass out on the bed after the night out. Butplanning to reduce to 1mg. And in terms of drinks its alot. Half a bottle of tequila for instance

Isint that a deadly combination because the 2 are both CNS depressants? I cant remember. I swear i used to know not to do that because of something to do with CNS depression.. :S
Yes, it's a lethal combo due to combined CNS depression.

Alprazolam.
No puking, no erratic behavior, just dream state high and fun. Sure i pass out on the bed after the night out. Butplanning to reduce to 1mg. And in terms of drinks its alot. Half a bottle of tequila for instance
Yeah, that's how it starts... never how it ends. This combo is bad news my friend. I can't even begin to tell you how much trouble it has got me in.

People have already said how bad it was, I just want to add that it will absolutely destroy your GABA receptors. Tolerance will build very rapidly. After a few days of this combo, your alprazolam will not feel as good. After a week or two you will barely even feel your alprazolam at all. Soon you will need both just to feel anything.

I cannot warn you enough about this! Do not start combining them every day!! You WILL regret it. I have been arrested several times and nearly killed myself and/or others several times directly due to this combo!

Please heed this warning and don't brush it off. If you enjoy your xanax, don't ruin it by killing your GABA receptors. Trust the junkie wisdom here.

Last edited:
Yes, it's a lethal combo due to combined CNS depression.

Yeah, that's how it starts... never how it ends. This combo is bad news my friend. I can't even begin to tell you how much trouble it has got me in.

People have already said how bad it was, I just want to add that it will absolutely destroy your GABA receptors. Tolerance will build very rapidly. After a few days of this combo, your alprazolam will not feel as good. After a week or two you will barely even feel your alprazolam at all. Soon you will need both just to feel anything.

I cannot warn you enough about this! Do not start combining them every day!! You WILL regret it. I have been arrested several times and nearly killed myself and/or others several times directly due to this combo!

Please heed this warning and don't brush it off. If you enjoy your xanax, don't ruin it by killing your GABA receptors. Trust the junkie wisdom here.
Thank you for your insight and the time you all took. Technically i only do that on fridays. Let’s say if i keep it that way and not go over 1mg. Would that be fine

Thank you for your insight and the time you all took. Technically i only do that on fridays. Let’s say if i keep it that way and not go over 1mg. Would that be fine
I mean, it's not going to kill you at that dose (probably). It's best avoided completely. It's going to sink its claws into you and you will likely find yourself doing it more than one day per week.

Definitely do not go over 1mg, and I don't even know how much you're drinking but it shouldn't be more than a few.

I've suffered thru a variety of addictions. The worst, by far and in every way, was alcohol + benzos.
And it started with me trying to use benzos to get off alcohol.
Very scary shit. Don't go there.

Your body handles those dosages well until one day it doesn't. The body is a fickle thing when it comes to matter like this.
The fact that you've been lucky so far and just passed out at home doesn't mean that's how it will always end.
It just has to go bad one time, and that might be it. There is a myriad of stories out there concerning benzodiazepines and alcohol that testifies to this.

And it doesn't really matter if you lower the Xanax to .5mg - the combination still (almost) certainly leads to blackout, especially since you are a heavy drinker.

There are no "safe" dosages for this combo. A milligram and a pint probably won't kill anybody, but there are other concerns beyond respiratory depression - I've felt many times that respiratory depression would've been to prefer after some of the shit I've pulled on this combo.

Hey guys.
Yea I wouldn't do that mixing benzos with alcohol especially half a bottle of tequila sounds like a recipe for death or a night in the police cells I've done some retarded shit mixing benzo with lots of alcohol and have a criminal record because of it but it sounds like ur pretty set on doing that abd just want to convince your self to justify and will probably carry on anyway that's what I use to be like but you know the consequences so be warned

My own experience with the 2 is I would dose low on the Benzo, and drink as result less Alcohol.

If you go over board its def a dangerous combo. Like Heroin and downer's

Technically i only do that on fridays. Let’s say if i keep it that way and not go over 1mg. Would that be fine

"Only on Fridays"
"Only 1mg"

Famous last words.

I think what everyone is trying to tell you is that this is not a safe combination no matter what the dosages are or how often you do it. If you keep pushing your luck you will learn that the words that follow "only..." keep changing. Then you'll become overconfident and take too much. Then eventually you'll blackout behind the wheel or say something stupid to the wrong person or ________ or _________ or _________ .... the possibilities are endless.

You're correct in assuming that "if something has happened before, it can and probably will happen again" type of mentality in this instance. You're also not really playing with the kind of fire that separates life from death. You are far more likely to cause damage to your life by actions undertaken during a complete blackout. This can be anything from driving a vehicle into a parade, picking a fight with a gang of skinheads outside the bar "for fun" and being beaten to death, trying to grab a cop's gun "for fun" and getting shot and/or thrown in prison for attempted murder of a peace officer; these sorts of things. If you think it can't happen to you, you're easy prey for this sort of shit.

I only get so specific here, because people around here often seem to take "you won't die" as a greenlight to raise hell, when in reality it only means "you won't die" and there are myriad terrible things than can befall a person up to and including death. If you ask this junkie, death is often the preferable route, especially considering the state of our prisons.

Benzo+ethanol wd is so bad you can’t feel a mid level opioid withdrawal through it. This combination over time will destroy your gaba/glutamate balance and possibly seizure threshold as well. I highly recommend cutting out daily ethanol and benzos.

The ability to reason is significantly shrinking and may result in conflicting situations The only times that I have finished stopping by the police have always been due "to the great ideas" that have occurred to me when taking benzos and alcohol ... In addition to not remembering anything you have done the night before is not a great incentive for me. Be very careful, it is not very good choice to have fun on a Friday night
Sorry for my bad English language

I would strongly recommend not doing it. I started out taking 1 or 2 mgs of Xanax/Klonopin and drinking on it close to 10 years ago. Tolerance and use became a daily thing about 7 years ago. Got off of them about 6 months ago and there are still days where I feel considerably brain damaged.

Damn bro I’ve only been taking Xanax for 3-4 years, daily user, and sometimes when I’m without weed I’ll buy booze to make it a less boring high, but even after taking weeks off the stuff and booze I can’t maintain a debate or long conversation without forgetting my point entirely. I can also literally just go BLANK and stare into space at nothing. It’s scary af. Is it like this with you too? Or worse? Lmk my anxiety rises by the minute. Gonna go take some Xanax now /: