• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzodiazepines' Solubilities in Water

What would happen if I IV a solution which is arround pH 2?
I have found that alprazolam solubility is 12mg/mL at pH 1
Thanks guys.

Not keen on jacking, so...

So, Ive been prescribed 5mg valuim in the past, and found if I took 2 or 3 and sat and watched movies they were nearly as enjoyable as doing it stoned... this time however, the doc only gave me 2mg, which I have found o be pretty useless - i.e I have to take 5 to 10 of them to get any effect.

I'm now wondering if I can smoke them as one would oxycontins to get a better effect? Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

p.s. Sorry to crash your thread with this question, but I couldn't figure out how to create my own thread.

What would happen if I IV a solution which is arround pH 2?
I have found that alprazolam solubility is 12mg/mL at pH 1
Thanks guys.

Horrible things would happen; I imagine your vein would collapse, or at least be negatively impacted more than normal.

There are still Temazepam "Gellies", I have been prescribed 10 mg & 20 mg versions (and still use 20 mg daily) and I find doses >30 mg to be very euphoric. :D

I just aquired a bunch of Midazolam 15 mg pills and snort them in 6 tiny 2.5 mg lines, small bumps burn a lot less and gives me a longer lasting euphoria. Are there any ways to get even more out of these, other than IV?

The best Benzodiazepine mix IMHO is Alprazolam / Diazepam / Midazolam / Temazepam taken together. Add a few Opiates and some good Hash for fun times... ;):D

--» Peace o/

There are still Temazepam "Gellies", I have been prescribed 10 mg & 20 mg versions (and still use 20 mg daily) and I find doses >30 mg to be very euphoric. :D

I just aquired a bunch of Midazolam 15 mg pills and snort them in 6 tiny 2.5 mg lines, small bumps burn a lot less and gives me a longer lasting euphoria. Are there any ways to get even more out of these, other than IV?

The best Benzodiazepine mix IMHO is Alprazolam / Diazepam / Midazolam / Temazepam taken together. Add a few Opiates and some good Hash for fun times... ;):D

--» Peace o/

I enjoyed taking midazolam orally. However it has a low BA.

Temazepam has a very high oral BA, so I would stick to using it orally.

Most people would say the next best thing for midazolam would be IV use.

i find that when injecting ambien when i inject 60mg into 1ml it feels much stronger than when i snort 100mg so i'm not sure your right about only being able to get 23mg/ml

i find that when injecting ambien when i inject 60mg into 1ml it feels much stronger than when i snort 100mg so i'm not sure your right about only being able to get 23mg/ml

It's not that "I'm right" or not, I cited my sources. Either they are wrong or right, but I doubt they are incorrect.

The inactive ingredients in tablets doesn't allow for all 60mg to get into 1mL of solution, even if the solubility was that high.

The fact is that snorting a drug has a much slower onset - and longer duration of effects. With IV drug use, there is a much shorter onset, and much shorter duration, although the effects are much more intense.

I have no Ambien experience, but I would be willing to bet you that also 20 to 23mg of ambien IV'd is going to be more intense than snorting 100mg of it, as the inactive ingredients in the tablets are also going to make snorting ambien rather wasteful.

There is a huge difference between snorting a cut drug, and a pure one.

i have a great source for valiums...

i guess the only reason to snort them would be to stop my nose from running during opiate withdraws...
it deff doesn't taste that great(drip etc.)...
so am i losing potency when i snort them??? i just ate 2 10 mg vals, on top of 300 mg of oxycodone Ir (snorted). im hoping maybe to catch another nodd....plus my back is still hurting even after all that dope...

so oral is better that snorting for Valium, but when ure addicted to the whole process of snorting i think its worth it to snort them ... i will post back when these 2-10s of val i took orally.

Last edited:
i ended up takin 20 mg orally and 20 mg snorted and didnt feel shit not e ven tired. i guess i was a little bit more chill(less anxiet and worries), but no real value to the high. i guess my days of getting real tore up are over until i get my tolerance down

ok the one thing i can disagree on is this because i know for a fact....Triazolam maybe not all that water soluble. but i recently just crushed it up in a spoon and injected it with just water...only did .25 mg but still felt the slight euphoria effect and i cant even image if i did a higher dosage... (not trying to enable bad behavior here)

i know for a fact....Triazolam maybe not all that water soluble. but i recently just crushed it up in a spoon and injected it with just water...only did .25 mg but still felt the slight euphoria effect and i cant even image if i did a higher dosage... (not trying to enable bad behavior here)

Who the fuck would want to risk injecting (Hep C/HIV) themselves with benzodiazepines, when they work fine when taken on a tummy of omeprazole...?

America is one strange country IMHO.

ok the one thing i can disagree on is this because i know for a fact....Triazolam maybe not all that water soluble. but i recently just crushed it up in a spoon and injected it with just water...only did .25 mg but still felt the slight euphoria effect and i cant even image if i did a higher dosage... (not trying to enable bad behavior here)

I'm sure what you felt was a placebo rush with just using tap water; sorry.

Who the fuck would want to risk injecting (Hep C/HIV) themselves with benzodiazepines, when they work fine when taken on a tummy of omeprazole...?

America is one strange country IMHO.

Wtf are you talking about?

I can easily get new needles every time. I never share/re-use needles... I never risk injecting Hep C or HIV. Thank you very much. ;)

i don't mean to resurrect a zombie thread but i have, recently, experimented with IV midazolam and believe i can contribute a bit. the most important thing when IV'ing midazolam, as the Cap mentioned early in the thread is the pH.

before i continue i just wanna express how happy it makes me to see the prepping of pill solutions using micron filters i posted up and down these forums back in 2008 or so has caught on like this... awesome, just awesome (thanks for spreadin the word Cap).

ok dr f... if you are just crushin' up 10 15mg midazo's and adding a butt load of h2o you're wasting, well, too much. nobody should do this and nobody should ever use a barrel larger than 3ml (unless there are lines/catheters/syringe pumps/etc involved). pharmaceutical prepped solutions of midazolam rarely exceed 5mg as far as i know (sorta irrelevant but whatever).

h2o at pH 7 should not be used to prep a midaz solution as the Cap mentioned; it is simply just a waste. but IV'ing solutions with a low pH are no good for your veins and burn like hell so wtf? here is my experience:

hydrochloric and sulfuric are a bit strong while ascorbic is prone to causing filter clogs. white distilled vinegar has a pH of slightly < 3.0; the exact pH needed to make midazolam a suitably h2o soluble solution. so my method is to soak the crushed midaz in vinegar (i find a 5mg/ml solution is more than enough but you can go higher if you want), push through a barrel with cotton to filter then micron filter it. a wash with bacteriostatc h2o will give you a bit of dilution but you don't want the ph going much higher than 3-4. et voila... you've got a legitimate midaz solution.

now the most important part is to ALWAYS dilute your solution with either sterile h2o or another solution with a pH of 7 before IV'ing it. it isn't ideal but it WORKS, and without having to risk potentially blowing up your veins with a 10 or 25ml barrel. it's a trade off of risking putting an acidic solution in your blood but you will save SO much midazolam.

just to reiterate the Cap's advice once again a pH 5 solution or so at 1mg/ml is the safer way to go about this whole thing i just hope my experiences help someone somewhere... somehow... stay safe!

Thanks CretiNation!

When IVing alprazolam I find the 5ph is very ideal when using 0.1mg/mL. Very good stuff for PTSD people like me. ;)

First of all I would like to say that I do believe that it is better to take benzos orally than iving. But I do disagree with the solubility facts presented in this thread towards benzos and definitely Xanax from personal experience.

On many occasions I have injected 1 mg blue Xanax footballs, and 2 mg bars with just 90 cc or almost 1 ml of water. I have no idea about the ph level of the water but whatever comes out of the sink. I have plenty of experience with benzos but usually keep a low tolerance towards them. And I can honestly tell you that you will feel the same effects as if taken orally it will just hit you sooner.

Like I said I have personal experience many times doing this and it was no "placebo" effect. This is also well known thing that this can be done where I'm from but just not commonly practiced cause it just hits you sooner, no rush. That's why I just don't understand how these stats posted here are so widely accepted.

Yes, There was a little pill residue left in the spoon and cotton but no more than when I do 1 mg of subutex. And it's widely agreeded that you can iv subutex. I know I didnt get 100% of the xanax I injected. But I also know that I don't get all the subutex I do when I iv it either. I actually keep all my subutex cottons in case I run out. And I will put 5-10 cottons on the spoon, mix them, press them, filter the solution, and inject. And it def makes you feel better if you are WDing.

I'm just politely disagreeing not cause I heard it, or read it, I've actually done it.

^ I'm with this guy, there is NO point in IVing most benzos with the exception of midazolam, which I prefer to snort for the longer duration.

Everytime I see a thread that pops up like "IV xanax" or "IV Valium" I facepalm. swallow your goddamn benzos.