• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

benzo withdrawal

kemicalized..

i can't do anything to help.
but i at least wanted you to know someone read this.
and i truly hope you can find the appropriate help that you need.
stand up for yourself.
hang in there..best of luck..
and please update, if possible.
<3 token

I had been prescribed valium 15mg a day in addition to purchasing extra off the street for 9 months now. Due to complicated circumstances I am now forced to cold turkey it. It's been 7 days I'm sweating anxious its hard to breath. I've attempted suicide a few days ago. The hospitol refuses to help me and I have no money. What should I be expecting in terms of withdrawal and how long

How much have you been taking? I did cold turkey 5mg of clonazepam earlier this year (had been using it daily for 1.5 years). The physical withdrawal lasted about 3 weeks. Then it was about 1.5 months of random panic attacks/withdrawal symptoms that would last about a day and then go away again.

kemicalized..

i can't do anything to help.
but i at least wanted you to know someone read this.
and i truly hope you can find the appropriate help that you need.
stand up for yourself.
hang in there..best of luck..
and please update, if possible.
<3 token

Thank u very much i shall keep u informed x

Anyone ever used Topamax to prevent sudden limb movements, spasms and also prevent seizures ? I don't know how much time I will be without my usual script of benzos (Valium 10mg bid).

Because I have 2 years worth of montly topamax bottles laying around, which my neurologist also scripts with my valium but which i do not take because it makes me feel very dumb, but right now, whatever it takes to not go insane..

e: I also really hope OP is okay, my psychiatrist is supposedly faxing my new script this afternoon, and I will even get a call. I told them I am suicidal and I'm running out of neurontin to prevent seizures. I didn't tell em about the topamax, which btw, at 50mg, kinda works at making me feel better, but even just this dose makes me feel like i had a little bit of my brain taken out, but I do not fear having seizures this way.

All this because I wanted to stop IV'ing dilaudid and get my life back on track and detox with methadone, well, if you look at the methadone thread, they just replaced a problem with another.

Last edited:
Im really glad this forums still opened the last time i went through withdrawel it was hell only some 1 who has been through it can understand and specially if u have underlying Anxiety/Depression! i think it just enhances it!

Anyway i came on here not to long ago actually maybe a month or 2 was feeling so bad and depressed i was going to walk 6 mile (with B withdrawel to hospital) had no money! Had nothing wanted to end it but could not do that do my brother and mum!

When i came on here in that state reading stuff like the docs just send you away i remember feeling crushed! like wtf how can they do that? but 1 persons comment made me feel a bit better (a bit) he said maybe your just shitting your pants you have nothing left and you know you cant get any! That comment helped more than others for some reason! So thanks to that person i cant find the comment i tried must of been on a similar forum to this but i was on this 1 to! just reading! its hard to explain but i thought to myself good point! i have GAD i have nothing left! Which helped a bit i was still in a really bad way for weeks until valium hit my area again! i said to myself no matter how depressed i get just compare it to that experience and iyl feel better! but who knows i could have a different kind of mental health problem the (problem) with that is were i stay you go to the doc and he sais be clean for 6 months before you can evan think about getting reffereral to see a phyc!

fyi i still take valium so it could happen to me anytime AGAIN since last time iv been determind for that not to happen! my advice to people going through unwanted or planned benzo withdrwell is 1 day at a time and IT WILL GET BETTER! IT WILL GET BETTER!