• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Benzo taper question

to answer the question sorry
what dose are you quitting? this will be critical in a hypothetical guess. :)
ed: I know I have see it but its hard to keep track of. Its a me thing.
ummm, true dosing regimen?

can you post a pic of what you have? never heard/seen of a cuttable gel-tab (that i know of). just out of curiosity really and ya never know i may see them at street level at some point and at least i have an idea of what may be in them.

This is weird for me as some say they have to redose more often but I do not find it so. I feel like its fairly longer lasting although im not "high". Some have reported a relatively short half-life. I guess we chalk it up to our differences in reaction to a particular substance and/or source of product. Can be many other factors at play here it is a RC DBZD in the end.
Be careful. How do they make you feel?
Initially, I had 1mg bromazolam paper tabs, just generic acid paper, but a little thicker. I had these from July to August and purchased gel tabs towards the end/beginning of September. I never felt high from either of them; I was taking them and going about my day—no delusions of sobriety, no slurring of my speech, no euphoria, and no blackouts. The only side effect I felt was amnesia.

s1IRnH5.jpeg

H3z1J8O.jpeg

to answer the question sorry
what dose are you quitting? this will be critical in a hypothetical guess. :)
ed: I know I have see it but its hard to keep track of. Its a me thing.
ummm, true dosing regimen?
My dosing regimen was ~2-6mg daily (when I had 1mg paper blotters) from July 10th to ~August 28th. It was usually around 4mg. I received the gel tabs on ~September 6th and started to slow my dosage down then. I would take the gel tabs twice a week, then take 0.5-1.5mg of clonazepam for the rest of the week, depending on how I felt.

The past four days have been precisely this:
  1. 4mg bromazolam in the evening.
  2. 0.25mg of clonazepam in the morning & 0.25mg during the evening.
  3. 0.25mg of clonazepam in the morning & 0.25mg during the evening.
  4. 1mg of clonazepam in the morning (today).

It's rather difficult to balance 2 different benzodiazepines. If the bromazolam helps you to sleep the OK, I get it. So in essence you suffer through the day but know that at least you will sleep well?

Just be aware that even small drops can be quite nasty and I really advise that you get a plan B in place. If you end up just in a panic it's almost impossible NOT to take a drug that will stop the feeling. But then you run out.

It's rather difficult to balance 2 different benzodiazepines. If the bromazolam helps you to sleep the OK, I get it. So in essence you suffer through the day but know that at least you will sleep well?

Just be aware that even small drops can be quite nasty and I really advise that you get a plan B in place. If you end up just in a panic it's almost impossible NOT to take a drug that will stop the feeling. But then you run out.
I definitely should develop a plan B; I only want to take the bromazolam when it feels like I'm dying. I still have plenty of gel tabs, so if worst comes to worst, I'll take a quarter or half of one.

Clonidine has been helping with sleep. It's hard, but I think I should be okay; if I don't seize, I will be alright. Only time can tell.

Well phenobarbitone is even used in veterinary medicine. It's old, it's dangerous in overdose but it WILL prevent seizures.
It sounds tempting, but it would be tough to source in the States. I read about it; others have said it's worked wonders for them while detoxing. I assume it also dangerously interacts with benzos?

At the doses I'm talking about, no. But of course it WILL significantly increase the effect of benzodiazepines.. so you need far less.

Can you get a clonzepam or valium script from a doctor? RC benzos for tapering isn't that good because you don't really know the amount or if anything else is in it.

Can you get a clonzepam or valium script from a doctor? RC benzos for tapering isn't that good because you don't really know the amount or if anything else is in it.
I’m already scripted 30 0.5mg clonazepam a month. That’s what I’ve been using to try to get off bromazolam. I’ll buy some diazepam from overseas if clonazepam doesn’t work.

I’m already scripted 30 0.5mg clonazepam a month. That’s what I’ve been using to try to get off bromazolam. I’ll buy some diazepam from overseas if clonazepam doesn’t work.
Clonazepam has a pretty decent half life … I mean it doesn’t have as long a half life as diazepam but still a pretty decent one…. like a much longer than say alprazolam.

Don't confuse metabolic half-life and duration of action. As I've previously mentioned, clonazepam undergoes redistribution within the body so when chronically administered, it's duration of action is only about 8 hours. Unlike diazepam, it has no active metabolites.

Don't confuse metabolic half-life and duration of action.
There is a difference and correlation, imo/e.
the half life being how long one would eliminate half the substance taken.
duration of action . how long one may "feel" the substance.
i find as a substance is eliminated from ones system one will also notice a lack of "action".
i may totally be lost but there ya have it.
peace yall

<3

Don't confuse metabolic half-life and duration of action. As I've previously mentioned, clonazepam undergoes redistribution within the body so when chronically administered, it's duration of action is only about 8 hours. Unlike diazepam, it has no active metabolites.
I plan to ask my doctor to switch me from clonazepam to diazepam (0.5mg to 5mg, respectively.) The withdrawals have been kicking my ass, but I'm now chilling on 0.5mg clonazepam. I'm not quite feeling 100%, but the terrible thoughts have disappeared, my legs don't hurt, and I stopped shaking, so I'm perfectly content with that. How much more effective will diazepam be than clonazepam?