• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Benzo taper question

throwaway4benzos

Bluelighter
Hello, I hope everyone reading this is doing well; if not, better days in the future are certain.

I've been prescribed 0.5mg of clonazepam since January 25th of this year. I would take 0.25mg in the morning and 0.25mg later in the day until July 10th, when I acquired 25 1mg bromazolam blotters. Those quickly went, and I bought 50 more and then another 100. Currently, I have ~35 4mg gel tabs with bromazolam in them. I aim to get off bromazolam once and for all and return to ONLY my prescription. I truly mean this from the bottom of my heart.

For the past three weeks, I have been taking 0.5mg-1mg of my prescription per day with the occasional (2 times max per week) 4mg bromazolam gel tab here and there to ease the withdrawal symptoms.

Any ideas on how to get off this garbage? Any advice, questions, comments, concerns, etc., will be greatly appreciated. I cannot lower my dosage by 10% each week because I don't have a volumetrically dosed solution; I only have gel tabs.

Thank you in advance, and stay safe.

dont ppl dissolve them to take smaller amounts, worth looking into as just taking when u feel like ending wds is gonna be hard work on reducing them. bit more risky too .

Above is a link to the Ashton Manual, the standard text used by medical professionals for benzodiazepine detoxification.

Bromazolam is almost identical in character to alprazolam for the purposes of calculation.

If you only started to overuse in July, your dependence will not be TOO established but I would seriously consider having a plan B. Bromazolam is far from an ideal choice for the purpose of detoxification.

If nothing else, I would suggest that you acquire a medicine to prevent grand mal seizures. Most of them are POMs but aren't illegal to possess. Of course ideally something like phenobarbitone would be the best option as it will also prevent the anxiety BUT barbiturates are themselves dependence-forming. The advantage lies in the long duration, low cost and availability.

Whatever you do, don't use alcohol to mask the symptoms of detoxification or you will end up in an even worse place.

If ya dump the contents of tab and divide it into 1/8ths there is a .25mg drop in dosage if put aside. That is close to a tenth. I'd wait longer than a week before another drop in dosage, though, at least two weeks.
I'll try this and keep you updated. The gel tabs are tiny; I don't think it will work.

Above is a link to the Ashton Manual, the standard text used by medical professionals for benzodiazepine detoxification.

Bromazolam is almost identical in character to alprazolam for the purposes of calculation.

If you only started to overuse in July, your dependence will not be TOO established but I would seriously consider having a plan B. Bromazolam is far from an ideal choice for the purpose of detoxification.

If nothing else, I would suggest that you acquire a medicine to prevent grand mal seizures. Most of them are POMs but aren't illegal to possess. Of course ideally something like phenobarbitone would be the best option as it will also prevent the anxiety BUT barbiturates are themselves dependence-forming. The advantage lies in the long duration, low cost and availability.

Whatever you do, don't use alcohol to mask the symptoms of detoxification or you will end up in an even worse place.
Excellent advice; if worst comes to worst, I'll acquire a more well-known/practical RC benzo for tapering.

As for the barbiturate part, I'll pass. I never drink, so alcohol masking withdrawal symptoms won't be a problem.

Last edited:
dont ppl dissolve them to take smaller amounts, worth looking into as just taking when u feel like ending wds is gonna be hard work on reducing them. bit more risky too .
Is it possible to dissolve my gel tabs in high-proof alcohol and evaporate it? If anyone knows, this will be my plan; cutting them and dumping the tab's contents is ridiculously tedious since the tabs are comedically small.

If you dissolve and evaporate, you might well just get the gel back - or worse.

I don't think dependence will be well established but as the manual says, switching to diazepam is the standard protocol. Of course, that presumes access to diazepam. ANY long acting benzo will work.

FYI lots of people who don't drink have ended up using alcohol when the anxiety gets extreme. Benzo withdrawal can be brutal. No sleep for many days coupled with panic rather than anxiety.

If you dissolve and evaporate, you might well just get the gel back - or worse.

I don't think dependence will be well established but as the manual says, switching to diazepam is the standard protocol. Of course, that presumes access to diazepam. ANY long acting benzo will work.

FYI lots of people who don't drink have ended up using alcohol when the anxiety gets extreme. Benzo withdrawal can be brutal. No sleep for many days coupled with panic rather than anxiety.
Thank you for the advice. I, unfortunately, cannot get diazepam. Diclazepam, I could get my hands on, or perhaps some chlordiazepoxide. I have plenty of my clonazepam script hoarded.

As for sleep, I'm prescribed clonidine, so that should not be too much of a problem. I'm not too fond of the taste of alcohol or the feeling of being drunk/buzzed anyway.

I'd like to believe that my dependence is not too well established, considering I've taken bromazolam ~6 times in the past three weeks (spaced out) and 0.5-1mg of clonazepam per day with minimal withdrawal symptoms.

Chlorodiazepoxide is suitable - the body metabolizes it into nordiazepam. Not quite as good as diazepam, but good.

Chlorodiazepoxide is suitable - the body metabolizes it into nordiazepam. Not quite as good as diazepam, but good.
Cheers, I’ll see if I can order some diazepam or chlordiazepoxide if the worst comes to worst. My plan right now is to take my clonazepam as prescribed (0.25mg when I wake up and the other 0.25mg later in the day.) Any ideas about what might happen? I only want to use the bromazolam for severe withdrawal symptoms and with the respect it deserves.

Well clonazepam is normally taken TID. It does have a long T1/2 in the body BUT it's redistributed to other parts of the body so it's action isn't as long as, say, diazepam.

Diclazepam has the longest duration of action of all benzodiazepines (that I know of) so that's BETTER than diazepam presuming it IS diclazepam and it IS the stated dose. It's about x10 diazepam in potency after chronic administration. Several highly active metabolites.

Well clonazepam is normally taken TID. It does have a long T1/2 in the body BUT it's redistributed to other parts of the body so it's action isn't as long as, say, diazepam.

Diclazepam has the longest duration of action of all benzodiazepines (that I know of) so that's BETTER than diazepam presuming it IS diclazepam and it IS the stated dose. It's about x10 diazepam in potency after chronic administration. Several highly active metabolites.
Good to know that about diclazepam; that sounds much more affordable than 30 10mg diazepam pills for $150.

I'll keep you posted on how 0.5mg clonazepam BID has me feeling; hopefully, it should have me feeling good. Please stay safe, and thanks for replying to me.

Sheesh, these body aches are brutal. 1mg of clonazepam barely does anything. At least this means I'm detoxing from bromazolam. Does anyone have an idea of when this will end?

Last edited:
There was a discussion on getting pills to become solvent but with the unknown in makeup of source {tabs} (fillers, anti coagulation compounds (maybe) and whatever else in in the pill. Some substances require water while others disolve (solves) in fats (lipids), alcohol or other medium.
Guess what I am saying is it could just end up being a big wasted effort and mess for little reward.
I do not know what is in the pills tabs so wouldnt know what to suggest on even where to start the volumetric route.
Be safe and sees ya about,
Peace

There was a discussion on getting pills to become solvent but with the unknown in makeup of source {tabs} (fillers, anti coagulation compounds (maybe) and whatever else in in the pill. Some substances require water while others disolve (solves) in fats (lipids), alcohol or other medium.
Guess what I am saying is it could just end up being a big wasted effort and mess for little reward.
I do not know what is in the pills tabs so wouldnt know what to suggest on even where to start the volumetric route.
Be safe and sees ya about,
Peace
It was advertised as bromazolam on the onions. I tried dissolving and evaporating one gel tab and got nothing of use back (that idea goes out of the window). Even if I had a volumetrically dosed solution of bromazolam, I would not use it. It's not an ideal benzo to taper with, considering the half-life is unknown (correct me if I'm wrong), even though it's structurally similar to alprazolam.

I do not have any other benzos besides my clonazepam prescription to taper/detox. I aim to tough it out and do it with as little clonazepam as needed. I only worry about a grand mal seizure, but I think I'll be alright.

I cut the gel tabs into quarters, so I'll take one of them if the worst comes to worst. I have a surplus of clonidine to help ease out the physical withdrawal symptoms. They aren't too bad, but they certainly are not fun; but hey, I signed up for this, so I will have to tough it out.

Stay safe; hopefully, I'll feel normal in two weeks.

advertised as bromazolam
can you post a pic of what you have? never heard/seen of a cuttable gel-tab (that i know of). just out of curiosity really and ya never know i may see them at street level at some point and at least i have an idea of what may be in them.
bromazolam ... considering the half-life is unknown
This is weird for me as some say they have to redose more often but I do not find it so. I feel like its fairly longer lasting although im not "high". Some have reported a relatively short half-life. I guess we chalk it up to our differences in reaction to a particular substance and/or source of product. Can be many other factors at play here it is a RC DBZD in the end.
Be careful. How do they make you feel?

I'm detoxing from bromazolam. Does anyone have an idea of when this will end?
I think when I dropped dosage it would usually be noticeable in a week or so... I know it took a while. like it took a while for it to leave my system i suppose. idk.
kinda the same way with alprazolam with me. Id quit, feel great the next few days and then whopasss. man down. =D