• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Being on the safe side with poppy seeds

Whatever it does have, it doesn't contain morphium. Also I looked up a bit more about it right now and apparently humans eating parts of the plant containing the sap experience immediate irritation and swelling of the lips and tongue, as well as internal swelling of the throat that impedes breathing. I also cannot find any record of it being traditionally used for any psychoactive properties in native cultures. It genuinely sounds like a crap idea to take.

Thx for the information, tho i found many sources stating IT has a long history of medicinal use, also on yt...

It would help with skin disease, fighting cancer, and the pavine should have anxiolytic and sedative effects compared to benzo's and THC...

Also the main alkaloid is listed as similar to morphine and codeïne...

IT seems difficult finding sources about this, so i dont know how trustworthy these sources are, but im finding Them, been researching this for a few hours by now...

Last edited:
Yes 1 pound is too much.

A test of 100-150 grams is a good idea. I have a permanent tolerance and i have gotten fucked up off of just 150 grams of very strong seeds.

First time i tried seeds i used a full pound. Turns out they were very strong seeds. First 3 hours were great, but it kept getting stronger. Then i started nodding uncontrollably and vomiting. I was high for a solid 30 hours. Was not fun, but i felt pretty good when it started to level off maybe 12 hours later.

I didn't have a tolerance beyond a permatolerance, but I think that could have easily killed someone without a tolerance. Felt like half a gram worth of morphine.
I tried seeds one time which i obtained thru good pods that i had and went with 160 grams and if i felt anything it was my stomach and thats it, Another mod mentioned that the only good seeds are from lanced pods and in my limited experience hes correct, my seeds from unlanced pods did nothing but the podsthey came from were great , i cook about 4 ounces of pod at a time and its always been consistent in strength

Last edited:
May be exist some remedy based on Prickley poppie,but its different plant with different compound.All species from papaveraceae (theres a lot of)has alcaloid content and can be poisonous

Flower shops?They often spay'em with some shit.potency also is questionable.In U.S. probably different

I dont understand something, i Read poppy seeds contain no psychoactive substances, so how can you extract anything from IT?

Seeds contain no active alkaloids. However, the pod surrounding the seeds contains the good stuff within the walls of the pod. Normally, this would not come into contact with the seeds, but during harvest the interior pod walls can become damaged causing the opium latex to leak out and coat the seeds.

There is no extraction involved, it's simply a case of washing the seeds to obtain the opium. This is why seeds are so variable in potency.

Yes in U.S. are long time ago.Even more in the past decades was more popular..for decorative purposes.in some market areas around Europe also