• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Being on the safe side with poppy seeds

Survival0200

Bluelighter
What kind of amount of poppy seeds would be on the safe side when going through an unknown patch? Would 1 lb be too much?

What kind of amount of poppy seeds would be on the safe side when going through an unknown patch? Would 1 lb be too much?

Yes 1 pound is too much.

A test of 100-150 grams is a good idea. I have a permanent tolerance and i have gotten fucked up off of just 150 grams of very strong seeds.

First time i tried seeds i used a full pound. Turns out they were very strong seeds. First 3 hours were great, but it kept getting stronger. Then i started nodding uncontrollably and vomiting. I was high for a solid 30 hours. Was not fun, but i felt pretty good when it started to level off maybe 12 hours later.

I didn't have a tolerance beyond a permatolerance, but I think that could have easily killed someone without a tolerance. Felt like half a gram worth of morphine.

Listen to negrogesic. I had nearly the same experience as him except it didn't feel good at all. It's far too easy to OD on seeds, be careful

When i was into seeds i would buy big batches as they were generally around the same potency within a bag.

I would start with a quarter pound and drink half fast and see where that would take me. Sometimes that would be enough. After a while you can kind of tell by the bitterness how strong it's gonna be.

Usually a quarter was about right and a half would be nearing too much. A whole pound would have me sick and nodding uncontrollably

I dont understand something, i Read poppy seeds contain no psychoactive substances, so how can you extract anything from IT?

I found a product they sell legally over here real cheap, advertised as prickly poppy and IT is argemone Mexicana and on the website they say IT contains a lot of alkaloids, does anyone know if this could be something good?

IT contains alkaloids such as berberine, protopine, protopine hcl, sanguinarine and dihydrosanguinarine...

Last edited:
An alkaloid is simply any organic compound of plant origin which contains at least one nitrogen atom. Many alkaloids are also poison.

What you want is the unwashed seeds of papaver somniferum.
And as far as those are concerned I refer you to what FUBAR said.

I found a product they sell legally over here real cheap, advertised as prickly poppy and IT is argemone Mexicana and on the website they say IT contains a lot of alkaloids, does anyone know if this could be something good?
Thanks for the tip might try to use instead of kratom next time switch things up keep it varied

I don't think anyone can confirm if the source is good it sounds good if it is mentioning high alkaloids lol

An alkaloid is simply any organic compound of plant origin which contains at least one nitrogen atom. Many alkaloids are also poison.

Will look for those thanks
Yes, i Just editted my post with some of the alkaloids IT contains ...
Wild stuff I wonder if is opiate or sounds funky I have no idea gonna reference Erowid on it

Thanks for the tip might try to use instead of kratom next time switch things up keep it varied

I don't think anyone can confirm if the source is good it sounds good if it is mentioning high alkaloids lol
Im not asking if the source is Any good, but if the product is Any good ...

I still would like to find out more about the alkaloids IT contains because its advertised as having anxiolytic and analgesic properties and inducing some euphoria and having a history of medicinal use ...

Just a heads up, the prickly poppy is not an opium poppy. In traditional medicine it was used as a purgative, and feed contaminated with it poisons livestock. That's all I know about this plant but would indicate the alkaloids it contains are the toxic sort and nothing you'd want to consume.

Just a heads up, the prickly poppy is not an opium poppy. In traditional medicine it was used as a purgative, and feed contaminated with it poisons livestock. That's all I know about this plant but would indicate the alkaloids it contains are the toxic sort and nothing you'd want to consume.
The main alkaloid should be argemomine which should be a narcotic...

IT is listed on that website among products such as hawaiian baby woodrose which contains LSA and yopo seeds which contain DMT and of which I know they give effects ...

The main alkaloid should be argemomine which should be a narcotic...

IT is listed on that website among products such as hawaiian baby woodrose which contains LSA and yopo seeds which contain DMT and of which I know they give effects ...
Whatever it does have, it doesn't contain morphium. Also I looked up a bit more about it right now and apparently humans eating parts of the plant containing the sap experience immediate irritation and swelling of the lips and tongue, as well as internal swelling of the throat that impedes breathing. I also cannot find any record of it being traditionally used for any psychoactive properties in native cultures. It genuinely sounds like a crap idea to take.