• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Beginners Guide --> safer use of opiates / opioids

I have been taking methadone for ten years for pain. Now uts tovthe point where i have to take it even if im not hurting. Im looking for a pain reliever that i can take but wont have such a physical tool on my body if i dont need to take it. Luke if im not hurting today i dont want to have to take anything.....

Hello I am new to this site, I'm going to be very honest here as the reason I am here is to quit taking oxycodone. I have been a user for about 4 years doing 10/325 about 7-9 a day, started taking 2 a day and gradually increased my dosage the longer I've taken and higher my tolerance has become, I have been trying to quit for a while but can't seem to get thru the withdrawals without giving in and taking something, I have come close to losing my family and my girlfriend multiple times and have just said I will stop but that only get me into lying and being more sneaky about when I take and being more cautious around her.. I have gotten to the point where I am spending hundreds of dollars a week on pills and piling up my debts, I am looking to save up so I can afford to get married and start a family. I have come across methadone and have been told it helps with withdrawals and takes away from craving oxy, I've heard it's like Suboxone and can help get someone off. Has anyone ever used methadone pills to get you off using Oxys and what is a good way or good plan to fully get off and not end up getting stuck on methadone pills. I want to be clean and drug free, I am doing this for my health as I'm scared I may destroy my own life and lose everything that matters most to me. Also side question, are there any side effects that a baby could be born with from a father using oxy before getting the mother pregnant even tho she doesn't do any types of drugs. What can a baby be born with or even without or any illnesses? I want to be drug free and do not want my past drug use to ruin an innocent life bc it can cause drug use related problems, I would not be able to live with myself if I were to have a child be born suffering because of my stupid drug use. Sorry for long post but please anyone that has any info or has encouring advice I'd be forever grateful. Thank you

Hello everyone! I've read about CWE of acetaminophen from hydrocodone but just read here https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/hydrocodone#section=Solubility that hydrocodone is INSOLUBLE in water! What am I missing here? My chemistry background is college level (up to/including Organic 2) but it seems pretty basic: if hydrocodone isn't soluble in water then the extraction should be:
-dissolve pills in hot (need to check APP's solubility vs temp but let's say ~75 C?) water
-filter liquid
-eat "goop" NOT the water
Did I misread something? For the sake of argument let's assume that I might be on Loratabs & Fentanyl right now...perhaps I am just confused? The site clearly states INSOLUBLE in water...but if that were true everyone doing CWE on Vics etc. has disposed of the opiate and drank the APP. That just can't be the case..?

I'm no chemist, but I think it's actually hydrocodone bitartrate that is found in pills. Not pure hydrocodone.

The bitartrate is a "salt" form of the hydrocodone that makes it soluble.

Hello I am new to this site, I'm going to be very honest here as the reason I am here is to quit taking oxycodone. I have been a user for about 4 years doing 10/325 about 7-9 a day, started taking 2 a day and gradually increased my dosage the longer I've taken and higher my tolerance has become, I have been trying to quit for a while but can't seem to get thru the withdrawals without giving in and taking something, I have come close to losing my family and my girlfriend multiple times and have just said I will stop but that only get me into lying and being more sneaky about when I take and being more cautious around her.. I have gotten to the point where I am spending hundreds of dollars a week on pills and piling up my debts, I am looking to save up so I can afford to get married and start a family. I have come across methadone and have been told it helps with withdrawals and takes away from craving oxy, I've heard it's like Suboxone and can help get someone off. Has anyone ever used methadone pills to get you off using Oxys and what is a good way or good plan to fully get off and not end up getting stuck on methadone pills. I want to be clean and drug free, I am doing this for my health as I'm scared I may destroy my own life and lose everything that matters most to me. Also side question, are there any side effects that a baby could be born with from a father using oxy before getting the mother pregnant even tho she doesn't do any types of drugs. What can a baby be born with or even without or any illnesses? I want to be drug free and do not want my past drug use to ruin an innocent life bc it can cause drug use related problems, I would not be able to live with myself if I were to have a child be born suffering because of my stupid drug use. Sorry for long post but please anyone that has any info or has encouring advice I'd be forever grateful. Thank you

There are others who are more knowledgeable on methadone, so I'll leave that question to them.

You may want to look into kratom. It helped me go through WD very painlessly from a habit very similar to yours.

To answer your other question though, about the baby, your baby will be fine. Even if you are using, as long as the mother is clean the baby won't have any effects from your drug usage. I'm not sure sperm would even carry traces of your opiates, but even if they do, the fetus is developing inside a drug free female. It's when the MOTHER is using that there are problems like babies being born addicted, etc... so please don't worry about that.

Good luck to you. There are a ton of posts all over these boards that will have info and support for you to quit your habit. But as you know, a large part of it is mental. So you have to WANT it. If you want it, it can be done. It's not easy. It may be the hardest thing you've ever done in your life. But it's possible.

I have come across methadone and have been told it helps with withdrawals and takes away from craving oxy, I've heard it's like Suboxone and can help get someone off. Has anyone ever used methadone pills to get you off using Oxys and what is a good way or good plan to fully get off and not end up getting stuck on methadone pills. I want to be clean and drug free, I am doing this for my health as I'm scared I may destroy my own life and lose everything that matters most to me. Also side question, are there any side effects that a baby could be born with from a father using oxy before getting the mother pregnant even tho she doesn't do any types of drugs. What can a baby be born with or even without or any illnesses?

when you say 'come across', do you mean someone is offering to sell it to you? have you heard of methadone maintenance programs? i'm not sure on thr specifics on the US clinics but here in the UK we can get methadone for free once we sign up to a maintence program.
and yes, methadone is a very useful tool to step down off of oxy and begin your journey to sobriety. methadone is a great maintenance drug because it stays in your system for a very long time so a once a day dose is all you need - but, conversely, this potency means if once becomes dependent on 'done it can be very hard to get off as the withdrawals last for a very long time - consider trying a sensible but short methadone taper or perhaps use subutex to step down off of methadone and then to a rapid taper with that? that's what i did.
and no, opiates cannot be passed on through sperm, your child will not be born addicted (as long as the mother doesn't use)
best of luck mate ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽