• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Beer - The definitive guide to your preferences

Blue Tongue is my favourite. Thank you Busty for schooling me well in the ways of beer. One day I will be a Yoda - for now I'm just a Luke Skywalker. :)

My favorite is Beez neez beer... Mmm it's delicious.

If i drink normal beer, it has to be done as a shandy. That's right, Sandi loves her shandy's. =D

Anyone else tried Coopers 62 Pilsner?

I had one the other day and wasn't too impressed. I prefer a beer with a little more flavour.

Hahn Superdry has been getting a flogging at our place.

Although bought Don Equios (dont quote me on spelling) the other day and enjoyed it.

Any cold beer on a hot day tastes good! If its been a long hot day then usually the first couple slide down the throat. Found this even applies to VB suprisingly.

Anyone else tried Coopers 62 Pilsner?

I had one the other day and wasn't too impressed. I prefer a beer with a little more flavour.

I saw it a couple of days ago.... and grabbed a six pack of coopers sparkling ale instead :D Can't go wrong with coopers red!

Never thought I'd sell out to Asian beer but Tiger and Kirin are my top two now.

What are everyone's opinions on cider? My experience is limited to the various flavours strongbow and It's never really tickled my fancy (tasting somewhat like uber sweet vomit) but the new tooheys 5 seed has caught me eye... kind of hard not to as my local bottle shop has deemed it worthy of filling half their beer fridge with...

I grabbed a single bottle of that seed because someone I know is a sucker for pretty packaging and would not shut up about it. Si I opened it and it tasted weak as expected. I was also greeted by a "I usually don't like strongbow either".

WTF, so why waste my time on this rubbish (I grumbled under my breath)

At least that is out of her system and I can get back to wearing the beer buying pants in this house.

Don't finish until 8pm tonight and my saliva is already flowing with the thoughts of Tooheys Old later.

I've taken to drinking Pure Blondes at home. The main reason is it's a low carb, but the real reason is that you can get it in cans and that means we can drink it around the pool in our complex. Not many other good options that come in cans. I LOVE crispy cold blondes on hot winters afternoon in Brissy!

If I'm in a bar I might have an Asahi.

Last night I had a quiet beer with a mate at the paddo and found myself ordering a Hahn Super Dry 3.5...... I have to say, I felt like my balls had been left at home. A low carb, mid strength! meh, I had to drive.

Oh, and I also like that limited edition one that Coopers bring out once a year. mmmmm beeeeer!

^ Hey cc, long time no see :)

I've been saving my tallie bottles and am going to try a brew this spring. I have a brewer and just have to buy some crown seals, some seals for my brewer, a bottle brush and some Sodium metabisulfite. And of course, a tin of Coopers Green mix ;) ;)

Hey Klue!

I've always wanted to try home brew but while I'm in an apartment it's a bit difficult.

I also want to try that place that lets you brew your own and you pick it up in a few weeks once it's ready. Might have to do some more investigating on that one....

Good luck with the Green!

I'd like to give one of those brew places as well. Would save alot of fucking around at home.

Reading those posts just got me motivated enough on my day off to finally put down a Spring brew. I usually go a Ginger beer with 1.5kg of raw sugar. If I could be fucked leaving it the bottles for 4-6months I would go 1kg of brown sugar but that is my special occasion special.You generally can't fuck up a ginger beer at home. I've been brewing since I was a poor student and we discovered it was the only home brew that was possible to drink straight from the barrel without bottling and without spewing your guts up.

I call it "GB"...
24112006051.jpg

Cider... eh. My partner is more of a cider man than a beer man... I don't mind cider but it isn't the preference. If I'm drinking cider, Bulmers on tap is usually the way to go :)

I will almost never drink a low-carb beer. Seriously, there are fuck all carbs in beer as it is, and the way that they reduce them is by taking out pretty much all of the flavour... have you ever wondered why most american beer tastes like water? Because it is low-carb (and just generally shite). The only exception I make to the low-carb beer usually is Hahn Super Dry, and only because they add some extra hops in late in the brew to actually give it some flavour.

Weihenstephaner Kristal or Pilsener, or Erdinger Kristal or Pilsener are my beers of choice at the moment. Mmmm... german-y goodness :)

I drink schooners of Super Dry on the Central Coast sometimes because the only other alternatives are New, VB, Carlton or XXXX.

It still tastes rubbish but it's the better alternative.

coopers pale ale
fat yak
carlton draught
carona
golden ale

in no particular order