• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Beer - The definitive guide to your preferences

haha. that last post wasn't inspired by me was it keystroke?

i know what will redeem me... if i say that i actually used to hate the taste even the smell of beer but have since taught myself to enjoy it because its cheap, actually good for you (in non excessive doses yes, but ahh... whatever), and pretty much never gives me hangovers :D better ;);)

now that the topic is international beers, I guess ill put my 2c in:

Awesome Beers: Guiness (Irish), Corona, Becks, Samuel Adams Octoberfest, Red Label, Heiniken (even tho its German).

Shitty Beers: Budweiser, Natty Light, Economy light (puke!), Blue Ribbon, ect.

Average beers: anything else

Oh, and by the way, if your looking for something 'plebian' and cheap that gets you drunk quickly with a taste I've learned to love, NOTHING beats Colt-45 Malt liquer.
"Colt-45, and 2 zig-zags, baby thats all we need!"
Don't know if you have that shit down under

Coopers- anything but light. Vintage is beautiful but very pricy.
Little Creatures Pale Ale
Alpha Pale Ale.
I used to go to the Last Drop near the UWA campus before they changed to KKs, and really liked their dark.
Quite fond of Beez Neez.
Hum...

Oooh, on "international" beers I'm a big Monteiths' fan.

Pity you can't get the summer ale here.

004.jpg

"You can have any brew you want... as long as it's a Corona"

TEDS is all i have to say...oh man...i love ted hes so coool on a hot day...he is just pure orgasm in a bottle!!

lost_boi said:
fuck buddy. like it makes a fucken difference. i know what its called. people associate with what they see on the label more than what its called.
theres white yellow black green red something else. like it really fucken matters.

if it didnt matter i wouldnt have blasted you over it ;]
I'm not really an angry person you know <3

I'm not really much of a beer drinker but in the last six months i seem to be drinking it here and there (especially on a hot day) and every time i have a beer i say "oh i don't really drink beer" *takes a swig* - go figure! :p

I like stella and also coronas with lime, quite nice =D

Mary Poppins said:
keystroke - um....you may perhaps be the dimwit - the lemon served with Corona was actually the ORIGINAL way to serve this beer, in Mexico, because the lemon was intended to disguise the taste of this crappy beer.

note: i like the taste of corona because i like girly weak tasting non-bitter beer, but as far as "proper" beers go it is not regarded as a good beer.

The fad to put lime in Corona came after they became fashionable to drink, and probably just to differentiate further between people who drank them as opposed to local beer.

I myself like lemon in many light tasting beers [read: nastro azzuro, corona....and redback wheat beer is also SUPPOSED TO BE served with a slice of lemon, as are many wheat beers]

note: this all comes from being taught this by a) professional cellarmen and b) representatives from beer companies such as matilda bay brewing and c) hospitality courses.

that is all thank-you.

:)

wrong. look at a corona advertisement.

^ can you? if not, The History Of Corona.

This is the story of a good-natured man of adventure named Juan Maximiliano Gonzalez Soria. We shall call him Max for short. Legend has it that Max left Guadalajara in the dead of night aboard the back of a fleet footed horse of unknown origin. His rather unplanned and hasty departure, some of his less kindly friends said, was somehow related to an angry father with a loaded shotgun, but that’s another story.

Max set out across the rugged expanse of Mexico, on his faithful steed, La Paz, riding for days and days until he encountered the great and foreboding expanse of the Baja desert. At this point in his journey, the overwhelming dryness of the desert had rendered our hero one pitifully parched man.

thumbhammock.JPG (9342 bytes)No one knows how Max got across the desert, or for that matter, how he ever made it into the Coachella valley and to the doorstep of Carmelita’s Cantina in the small border town of Coachella, where he had the very good fortune of a miraculous recovery. Some say that Max, a responsive man in his own right, was revived by the not-inconsiderable charms of Carmelita’s daughters. Others claim that Max was the benefactor of a particularly refreshing beer from the heart of Mexico called Corona. It is said that Carmelita herself administered this potent elixir with an ice-cold glass and a wedge of lime to bring a bit of life back to his lips.

Juan Maximiliano Gonzalez Soria never left Coachella. Instead, Max remained in this small border town where he could find his favorite ice cold beer on a daily basis and Properly thank the angels of mercy who saved his life.

Corona is shit. Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit. I wouldn't drink it if you paid me to. Well maybe if you paid me too =D

Why the fuck would you pay $6 for a Corona when it costs them about 5cents to make it MEXICO... it also apparently has the highest content of fecal matter in it from any beer in the world.

It is also bottled in clear glass. Now if a beer is not cold-filtered, if it is stored in clear glass, the alcohol degrades, releasing sulphur dioxide aka rotten egg gas. The reason that you put lemon or lime in a Corona is that the citric acid in them neutralises the sulphur dioxide making it not taste like utter vile piss.

So in conclusion... Corona is sold at stupidly inflated prices to gullible fools who wouldn't know a good beer if it smacked them in the mouth.

Drink Coopers.

CB.

I've been drinking a lot of Coopers Pale Ale lately so I guess that's my beer of the moment. Delicious.

Unfortunately I have been caught being a regular Foster's drinker. It's cheap and actually taste different here too. But there's nothing I crave more then a Carlton Draught at the moment. I know when I finally get to have one, its going to be AWESOME..

There are some great Eastern european beers I have had, but get get the name off the top of my head.

mmm... beer...

So, in actuality, as far as I'm concerned, pretty much the best beer in existence is Red Oak's India Pale Ale.

It is an explosion of hopsy goodness that keeps going and going and going and going
*drools a little at the thought...*

Other than that, I'm still a massive James Boags Premium Lager fan, it is just so crisp and clean, tasty and well balanced that I can drink it all the time :)

I will also drink Fransizkaner Dunkel/Kristal until my liver rots away!!

CB :)

I cut my teeth on spirits as a young teenager... fond memories of hitting the Tequila with my much older mate the day I finished year 8 exams. To this day, I'm not a fan of Jim Beam... shudder.

So I recall having a Carlton in a plastic cup out at Waverly Park one day during a pre season game. It was a warm day, and up til then, I'd never been a big fan of beer. But it went down brilliantly.

Shortly thereafter, enter beer full time at age 15.. a much more social event than drinking to get trashed. Started on VB and Draught... then aforementioned older mate, a restauranter, introduced me to European stuff. Dabbled with Grolsch, Stella and the like on and off for a couple of years, while Draught was temporarily struck off the list following a very bad day of not going to class at uni and instead spending the day at the pub without eating (read: puking on a train at about 2 in the afternoon and hauling myself home to pass out).

However you want to look at it, I stayed strictly low end for a long time. Part of that wasn't helped by my fly on the wall involvement in pubs where I saw people pay obscene prices for what I perceived to be camel piss (Corona), and subsequent work in other jobs where I'd spend many an arvo or evening sinking piss to forget the preceding morning or day.

Life goes on... I still remember the best beer I ever tasted. It was in a pub in Melbourne with a highly intelligent crim I'd gotten to know. He was buying and it was an icy cold mug of Becks on a hot summer day. I fell in love pretty much instantly, and I remained, until recently, an utterly steadfast fan of the products of Braurei Beck and Co.... anyone remember when they decided to start brewing it here? I don't give a shit what they say about identical ingredients, I can taste the bloody difference, and as such, ended up paying a premium rate to secure parallel imported stuff.

Cut to today. While Becks remains the staple, I can and do drink Carlton again when I'm at the pub, and from time to time, I'll dabble with other European stuff (specifically Kristal Klar... absolutely awesome!), though I must say, after a reasonably good weekend on it, Jack Daniels may well creep back into my alcohol rotation after a long, long time of beers only.

La Chouffe Blond and Kasteel Brune

That is if I had to choose only two

im loving coopers green at the moment...

great beer... even better on tap... like they all are =D