• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Beating benzo withdrawal

There is no cure. But time helps.

Flumazenil treatment might be the closest thing to a cure, emphasis on might.

It takes time. If you've used or abused benzos (the distinction doesn't make much difference) for a long period of time, recovery is slow, and if you've gone far enough down the rabbits hole, there is never 100% recovery.

Tapering down slowly is the only option really. Perhaps flumazenil helps with PAWS, perhaps not, but it is not a common treatment in the US. Switch to diazepam and taper off slowly. Then recover slowly over time. There aren't any short cuts, so ive gotta say, that gofundme is essentially pointless. I gone through it twice and at doses and duration far exceeding yours. And after extensive horror, I was eventually able to mostly recover. But not completely. One is never quite the same as they were before after using heavy doses of benzos for long enough periods of time. The longer you stay on them the worse off you are, so stop "searching for a cure" and switch to diazepam and taper off. Neither God nor money will help you here.

It was a foolish thing on your part to decide to completely stop taking that dose of clonazepam. No competent doctor would advise such a thing, and a cursory search would have revealed the foolishness of such an action. So that blame lies squarely on you. Yet here, with this gofundme, you are again evading personal responsibility by trying to raise money for a "cure" rather than taking the painful but essential steps to taper off.

Yes, OP, just a slow diazepam taper.
I honestly see no reason for the GoFundMe thing, sorry. 3000$ won't get you out of it, believe me that others would pay 300000, but it doesn't work like that. But it's not all bad news, not at all: you are not on crazy amounts of benzos, you have been on it for long enough but not forever and you are young.
A diazepam taper will allow you to regain control over this situation

Yes, OP, just a slow diazepam taper.
I honestly see no reason for the GoFundMe thing, sorry. 3000$ won't get you out of it, believe me that others would pay 300000, but it doesn't work like that. But it's not all bad news, not at all: you are not on crazy amounts of benzos, you have been on it for long enough but not forever and you are young.
A diazepam taper will allow you to regain control over this situation
Yes, per Ashton you should substitute 20mg diazepam for one of your kpins wait a week, switch again, wait a week, now you're on Valium.

Then you can use her taper schedules. Plan on at least a year.

- Is it difficult? Yes, it's actually terrible.
- Can you do it? Definitely, if you want to.
- I would go for a very slow taper with Valium.
- Will you go back to your old self a 100% after benzo abuse? Sadly, no.

When you're on benzodiazepines, there's always a chance that your doctor one day decides to not give you anymore refills on your benzos.

It's a good thing to have a small stash of benzos when that day comes, so that you're not going to have to do a cold turkey withdrawal. There are still ignorant doctors who make you go through that.

I've seen this happen. :/

Last edited:
Yes interested too...have had 2 hospitalised seizures in last 6 months need to get off them

Ketamine fast, effective, introspective in the process

I went through a lot of withdrawals as benzos are meant to be used in 90% cases for a short period of time 8 weeks or when in need as a relief.

But a lot of doctors are ruthless by ignorance which is criminal and those doctors should take a lot of psychedelic for ego reset and I'm not joking.

Sometimes diazepam cause of it's long half life can be used longer and if it is working?, good but again benzos are amnesic and that can ruin persons funcional appearance job-wise and other activities where memory is I will say essential but if corrupted from benzos and it's acute

I don't wanna scare anyone as I recovered. Those short term memory symptoms resolved by stopping benzos

Can you tell me more about this, please? It's something I'm interested in trying.
Yeah it's a ayurvedic herb believe it's called brahmi, it has been shown to normalize gaba receptors after experimentally induced receptor damage to simulate epilepsy.

Apparently it up-Regulates downregulated receptors and down-regulates upregulated receptors and also somehow normalizes the receptor density.

It also acts on serotonin and norepinephrine receptors. It seems to be an adaptogenic herb that helps normalize and modulate multiple neurotransmitter systems in the body.

They sell it on Amazon.

Do some of the research on the doses to instigate changes in the GABA receptors based on allometric scaling of the doses given to the mice.

I think it's something like 500 mg 3 or 4 times a day of actual bacosides which are the active constituents of bacopa monieri.

This is the concentrated extract that I purchased. It will absolutely give you diarrhea if you take the doses necessary, which I think I figured out to be 500 mg of bacosides 2 to 3 times a day.

Now don't let the 14,000 mg concentrated extract confuse you. The mass of the capsule is 500 mg 50% bacosides. That means you have to take two capsules to get 500 mg of BACOSIDES.

I did warn you about the diarrhea.

Toniiq 14,000mg 28X Concentrated Extract - 50% Bacosides Ultra High Strength Bacopa - (Non-GMO) - Highly Concentrated and Bioavailable - 90 Capsules

https://a.co/d/i3JFu8I

Yes interested too...have had 2 hospitalised seizures in last 6 months need to get off them

the biggest difference,
and it was everything for me,
was when i stopped eating carbs
especially the junk carbs
but then all the terrible withdrawal symptons and the mental fog were all still with me every day
until i quit even healthy carbs
and went full keto

once i got on the ketogenic diet
i immediately knew the carbs were the thing that was holding me back from recovering more fully
it was the first time i felt almost whole
what’s more i felt even healthier than ever before clearer of mind because my system was running on a cleaner fuel for my condition
it made all the difference for me
it was the only thing that worked actually
beyond exercise and every other herb and health food that was given me
it was this change in diet

the keto diet has a long history of being used to treat those with epilepsy
i think it is the perfect antidote to those of us who suffer from those seizures or seizure like symptoms from benzo use or withdrawal

i recommend beginning with a mostly carnivore diet with some fermented vegetables and an avocado to achieve a certain gut health
i wish i’d have known how nutrient dense red meat and fish are when i was first tapering and going through withdrawal
because each time i ate some carbs: rice or brown rice or so called healthy wheat products or even a fruit smoothie -- all the electrical feelings and the overall wish to drop out from society, even anger and extreme impatience i could feel for days

i went through a 6 month Taper following the Ashton method for tapering off of xanax and klonopins with valium/diazepam
and applied the keto diet about a year after i was off the taper
wish i'd have known about it sooner

after a few months on the diet i was able to eat healthy carbs and not have to be so extreme with the diet
but if you're experiencing a terrible withdrawal i recommend the extreme end of the healthy version of the keto or carnivore diet
i know it's extreme but honestly withdrawal from this drug is very extreme...

Last edited:
Yeah it's a ayurvedic herb believe it's called brahmi, it has been shown to normalize gaba receptors after experimentally induced receptor damage to simulate epilepsy.

Apparently it up-Regulates downregulated receptors and down-regulates upregulated receptors and also somehow normalizes the receptor density.

It also acts on serotonin and norepinephrine receptors. It seems to be an adaptogenic herb that helps normalize and modulate multiple neurotransmitter systems in the body.

They sell it on Amazon.

Do some of the research on the doses to instigate changes in the GABA receptors based on allometric scaling of the doses given to the mice.

I think it's something like 500 mg 3 or 4 times a day of actual bacosides which are the active constituents of bacopa monieri.

This is the concentrated extract that I purchased. It will absolutely give you diarrhea if you take the doses necessary, which I think I figured out to be 500 mg of bacosides 2 to 3 times a day.

Now don't let the 14,000 mg concentrated extract confuse you. The mass of the capsule is 500 mg 50% bacosides. That means you have to take two capsules to get 500 mg of BACOSIDES.

I did warn you about the diarrhea.

Toniiq 14,000mg 28X Concentrated Extract - 50% Bacosides Ultra High Strength Bacopa - (Non-GMO) - Highly Concentrated and Bioavailable - 90 Capsules

https://a.co/d/i3JFu8I
Thankyou, that's really helpful info.

How long a course did you take at this dose?

Great, diarrhea. Just what I need but I'll take the dose of squirts if it helps get my GABAergic system back on form.

Thanks, again.

BB

i went through a 6 month withdrawal following the Ashton method for tapering on valium/diazepam
and applied the keto diet about a year after i was off the taper
wish i'd have known about it sooner
How did you go through a 6-month withdrawal after tapering with the Ashton?

The whole premise of tapering with Ashton is to stop your taper and even backtrack if you have withdrawal symptoms.

It took me 14 months to taper from 1 mg of clonazepam and 15 mg of diazepam three times a day down to 1 mg of Valium three times a day and it took me another month to completely taper off of that because I didn't want any withdrawal.

I literally went down 1 mg the first week (the lunch dose) then a half a milligram the second week (morning), then a half a milligram the third week (night), then a half a milligram the fourth week (morning). So I was left with a half a milligram which I didn't need to take anymore and I just walked off.

How did you go through a 6-month withdrawal after tapering with the Ashton?

The whole premise of tapering with Ashton is to stop your taper and even backtrack if you have withdrawal symptoms.
sorry, thanks for catching that i meant that i went through a 6 month taper applying the Ashton method

i had been on Kolonopins and Xanax and learned to come off them from Dr. Ashton's manual ultimately with the valium.

sad part about that was the doctor was clueless as to why i wanted so much valium instead of the kolonopins and xanax which she was scripting most liberally. i needed a lot because i didn't want to go back to her offices and i was determined to get off benzos so i wanted enough that i should be able to taper within 6 months and have more should i need more time.

sorry, thanks for catching that i meant that i went through a 6 month taper applying the Ashton method

i had been on Kolonopins and Xanax and learned to come off them from Dr. Ashton's manual ultimately with the valium.

sad part about that was the doctor was clueless as to why i wanted so much valium instead of the kolonopins and xanax which she was scripting most liberally. i needed a lot because i didn't want to go back to her offices and i was determined to get off benzos so i wanted enough that i should be able to taper within 6 months and have more should i need more time.
I can't believe she gave you 6 months of benzos.

When did this happen because most states don't even allow that now?

I know you can get a 90 day supply so maybe she just juiced you up with 90 days of a certain dose and 90 days of another dose? That would make sense.

I know you can get a 90 day supply so maybe she just juiced you up with 90 days of a certain dose and 90 days of another dose? That would make sense.
no, she didn't give me 6 months of valium all at once. i went to her once or twice a month.
but i had always stated that i needed more than i actually did for both the xanax and klonopins and a host of other pills. in case i moved or became too busy and needed them on hand. and so i told her that i needed as much on the weaker valium. and once i felt like i had more than enough i stopped going to her.

Well, this particular person here was given benzo prescriptions for 12 years straight. Imagine trying to quit. It's worth saying that I take more than I'm prescribed.

no, she didn't give me 6 months of valium all at once. i went to her once or twice a month.
but i had always stated that i needed more than i actually did for both the xanax and klonopins and a host of other pills. in case i moved or became too busy and needed them on hand. and so i told her that i needed as much on the weaker valium. and once i felt like i had more than enough i stopped going to her.
I got you.

No I could literally get 90 days supply.

Even up until 2020 when I was taking Valium regularly for muscle spasms, I could get 90 day supplies. And that was really strange because I was taking 5 mg 3 or 4 times a day. And I didn't have any withdrawal. I tapered off in like 2 weeks maybe 3 weeks and I'd been taking the medication for 2 years.