Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Batman: The Dark Knight Rises!

how many stars?

• Total voters
Finally saw this. A mixed bag:
*Liked Hathaway's Catwoman much more than I thought I would.
*Really dug Bane's voice.
*Cotillard was pleasingly boner-iffic.
*Loved the series in-jokes and back references.
*JLG and Oldman were characteristically perfect.
*Just great to see familiar faces in action.

Then again...with the caveat that much of what I write has probably been brought up in earlier posts I have no time to read:
NSFW:
*People go from point A to point B with no explanation whatsoever. Where the hell is this prison Bane was kept? Is Wayne out for the duration of a 20-hour flight? How did he get back with new clothes and a shave without anyone noticing? How did he *sneak* in, when it seems every attempt to do so is foiled by the enemies?
*Batman getting his back broken (or damaged, whatever), and he's up and spry again in a few months, just after some chiropractic work on his spine. Didn't buy it.
*A blockaded city of 12 million seems to get along all right with meager imports without turning into Leningrad, circa 1942.
*Exactly how far could you get from a city in 1-minute that would be a safe one for a 4-megaton weapon?
*The Bat(wing) sits on the roof in an anarchic city unnoticed for months.

Like others have already said, it felt rushed, like Nolan was just trying to get the damned saga over with. All that said, I enjoyed it enough to give it four stars, (reluctantly) rounded up from 3.5; still, I consider it the weakest entry of the series.

*Exactly how far could you get from a city in 1-minute that would be a safe one for a 4-megaton weapon?

Not to mention survive the blast. Like, Jeez.

still, I consider it the weakest entry of the series.

Really? Weaker than Batman Begins, of incongruous Liam Neeson and Magical Gas Trope fame? I wouldn't go that far...

Thoroughly enjoyed this movie, definitely my favourite so far this year

Okay, I'll relent; like someone else already said, it is definitely better on a second viewing.

^i like how you keep referring to me as "someone". it's flattering. <3

before you get all excited to see a jo g-l robin based sequel called "the dark knight goes forth and multiplies", word is the new iteration of the batman will be introduced in a justice league movie, which will come after the next wave of dc flicks, including the nolan produced superman flick.

insert aquaman/entourage jokes here.

much less satisfying the third time around. i want to like it much more than i do. i want it to be better than it is, because i love the first two so much. it just so faulty.

at the imax screening, this guy on the far left stood out. my first impression was he's the homeless guy from bb who takes bruce's jacket. but imdb reckon he's a crew member caught on screen. it's weird, he's got the sign on his chest and emerges from the subway to look at both the crims and the cops. hard to see if he was intentional.

i just saw the 3rd, and (obvi)loved the 2nd - but i considered them 1+2, somehow i just found out they're 2 and 3, soo....movie night :)