• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Badly addicted to pot. Need advice.

I see no recreational benefit from tobacco, cigarettes on their own make me restless and feel worse if i'm in a shit mood.

I can really see why you would feel scared to give up weed since you have seen so many benefits from it. This is an important fact though:there are other ways to address the problematic parts of your life. Weed is not the only thing that is going to work. The problem for most of us is that nothing brings instant relief like a drug does. But if the drug delivering the relief is causing an equal or bigger amount of destruction in your life then you have to be willing to try mind changes (relearning thought patterns) that are sometimes tedious, always frustrating, but ultimately freeing. How have you tried to deal with anxiety and depression in the past?

Hey there I would like to provide more words of encouragement. You are struggling and working through things; using weed this way won't help your cause. You're immersed in a pattern that should be broken, but take a deep breath. Seriously. You aren't hooked on hard drugs man just cut back on the chron and try to keep chill (easily said than done haha). Also, you have come to recognize this as something that is there.

I am addicted to pot too, but not badly so. I get a few physical symptoms and I also tend to get very depressed without weed. I have had problems with depressed states. I tend to be happier with pot, but only when I use it in what my mind would be considered moderation. Yeah though I need weed to have an okay point at this time of my life. I am getting over much more severe drug problems and it's time for me to cut back on the herb so I can enjoy it recreationally, etc over using it as a crutch, which was fine at the time. It seems to have limitless uses.

So I started cutting back. It takes commitment as there will be urges to smoke. Yesterday I space out my bong tokes by 4 hours (and 20 minutes). Today I had one bong toke at 6am shortly after I woke up, and 5 hours after that (or later, it shouldn't interfere) I will have my second toke of the day.

I have been hooked on opiates and benzos for 5 years this is why I have to give a warning. What if the weed stops working, it does for a lot of people. Can lead to panic attacks if life gets more stressful down the road. Would you be content to give up all drugs then, you'd have a lot of trouble finding something as benign as weed. Maybe after going 5 hours, I will go for 6. Then within a handful of days, I'm going from smoking an eighth a day to smoking 4 bong tokes 6 hours apart roughly, and all it takes is a little discomfort and discipline.

I am a month clean from oxy's as of today and over the past year there was chronic relapsing going on as I was trying to quit and I was chain smoking nice outdoor herb for a long while. Absolutely notice when I make such a drop in consumption, but it isn't bad. At the 2 hour mark I started feeling like shit but it has been nearly 4 hours now and I am not jonesing for my next bong toke. My tolerance is already down noticeably, and I actually get a little high instead of being in a constant fog that is hard to notice I am wondering about in.

It's not as hard as you think even with mental illness. I would give it a try. Double the amount of time between your sesh, or something that works for you, and then take one and only one bong toke. Part of the way it works for me is that I am denying the urge to get really stoned. Just enough to keep me chill, and if you cut back over quitting I doubt you would encounter anything but benefits.

If you take a break in my opinion you will go straight back to your previous habit. I think that learning self control and moderation with pot is much more important than going days without it for you. Weed is great when it is respected and doesn't interfere man. Exercise, nutrition, hobbies that will keep you busy and away from weed. Keeping your mind off it is important and realizing that no matter how much weed you smoke, you are never going to smoke your way out of depression. I get the best antidepressant effects from pot when I smoke a lot less, than chronically.

I can totally related to you i suffer from dpreession and have done for 8years plus and i have long periods where i cannot get myself interested in anything whatsoever i could exercise to my hearts content, eat my favoutite foods, watch telly netflix or even have part time job yet i struggle to relate to enjoyment side of things. it takes a huge effort mentally and physcaly and doesn't feel worth it imo. Even smoking a bit of weed in a vape loses its interest at times and i find myself adding more and more and reducing the cbd oil/nicotine.
Have you tried drinking orange juice to see if that makes any difference?