View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

"Bad Trips" on LSD / Cause & Effects of Someone in a Psychedelic Crisis

DarkStarCrashes

Bluelighter
So, I consider myself an experienced tripper and had grown quite complacent with LSD in particular. I know better, I am certainly not naive or uneducated, yet this weekend I cannot help but feel responsible for a particularly ugly incident which left my frightened, intrigued, and curious to WHY it happened.

In the past ten years of eating L, I have seen more than one "freak out" or "bad trip", but nothing that prepared me for this weekend. I was with a friend who wanted to dose. I had eaten a 10 strip of WoW, partially because I have a tolerance due to the frequent nature of my dosing, and this friend was ready for a "full out acid trip". Within an hour, he had eaten 6 hits, at which point I advised him to stop. In retrospect, I should have given such advice even earlier.

It may be worth mentioning that this kid, who I will refer to as K, is inexperienced with any drugs other than marijuana, and probably weighs close to 90 pounds soaking wet - yet was more enthusiastic about dosing than most would be. There was a third person with us as well, who I will refer to as W, who is also fairly experienced with L - who ate about 7 hits. Maybe K just wanted to keep up with us when he chose to eat 6 hits, Idk.

Anyways, things started to get weird when W and I were talking to each other, in a conversation that had was initially the 3 of us. K began babbling on and on, seeming oblivious to the fact that we were literally in the middle of a conversation - and would not shut up. He was talking incessantly about any and everything, and trying to communicate all of these "revelations" that he was having and kept interrupting our conversation with things like, "Why are we hear?", "What is reality?", "OMG I get it now", "Eye contact man, eye contact, that's what it's all about?". At first I attempted to answer his questions and share my thoughts about what he was sharing, but he seemed oblivious to anything I was saying, only beginning to immediately talk over me with more and more random questions and statements. This was all during the first 60 minutes of the trip.

After that things started getting weirder, he began running around the room we were in flapping his arms like wings, and laying on the floor making snow angels or something. At this point there was almost no talking to him at all, about anything. He was beginning to grow increasingly incapable of having any sort of dialog whatsoever, and was still babbling on with statements that made less and less sense.

By two hours into the trip, he was literally nonresponsive to any and everything. He couldn't comprehend or answer anything that he was being asked, was not responding to his name, and continued some bizarre behavior. It was around this point he knocked over a candle and the rug almost caught on fire, so I blew out the rest of the candles that we had lit. He then knocked over a big jug of iced tea onto the rug and was rolling in it, so we removed that too. Then he grabbed a roll of paper towels and began ripping them up into little pieces and throwing them around the room. We were attempting to talk to him thoughout this all to no avail at all, it was as if he was in the room completely by himself and my other friend and I were invisible. Well, all of this was going on in the basement of W's moms house, and W's mom was home and upstairs. As cool as she is, due to the condition of K we felt it was imperative to keep him as far away from her as possible to avoid the night taking a tragic turn for the worse and put her in a position where she would have been not unlikely to attempt to get him medical attention, which we were trying to avoid.

K then began running around at full speed, confused, frightened, and unaware of his surroundings - flailing his arms in the air and punching the ceiling, screaming at K and I for no reason, and growing increasingly agitated. I felt the visual and auditory stimulus (the Documentary Gonzo about HST) was not helping, so I put on a Bob Marley cd since K was wearing a Bob Marley t-shirt at the time and I thought the music may help him into a happy place. He was endangering himself more and more by his hysterics and running around, so W and I sat with him on the couch holding his hands. He did not speak for the next two hours and couldn't even turn his head to the sound of his name or answer questions like "Do you like this song? Do you like Bob Marley? Do you know my name? Do you know your name?". I would describe his state as somewhat catatonic, except for the fact that he would randomly begin to flail his body around violently, and attempt to get up and sprint, in which event we would gently and lovingly keep him grounded to the couch. He was open to coaching, and was easy to keep on the couch with us. After several hours of this hand holding, he began to speak again, but only to yell out nonsensical things like "5,6,7,8,9,10!!" "Cigars!!" and then regress back into silence.

Around 8 hours after the trip began he slowly began to return to reality. Unfortunately in that time he managed to urinate all over himself and the couch, and begin making accusations that we were "fucking with him", that he "needs to use the phone to call for help", and that he was afraid he had confided all of his deepest and darkest secrets to him (which he did not). I FINALLY was able to get my hands on some xanax at this time and gave him 3mg which helped A LOT. He was humiliated that he had soiled himself and hid under a blanket for a period of time, and began asking us questions about the night - which he claimed he could not remember any of, as if it were all a black out. We were gentle and tried to be comforting with our answers to him, and tried our best to make his re-assimilation back into reality go as well as possible. He was determined to take some bong rips, which I greatly advised against, but he would not take no for an answer and proceeded to take several hits from the bong and then fall asleep.

By the time we woke up in the morning he was "back to normal" but not himself. Not his old self at least.

I later found out that he is diagnosed with either ADD or ADHD, but is on no medication. If he had dosed at a show, or somewhere more public than where we were, or was not with friends such as W and I to trip sit for him and tend to him the entire night, I have no doubt that things would have gotten far worse than they did.

I am curious why he had this reaction to the LSD? And before any speculation, I am sure that this was in fact LSD and not an analog, an nBOME, a DOx compound, or any other drug. I am guessing that he may have some underlying mental illness that the L tapped into? Could his low body weight have been a contributing factor? Obviously the dose that he ate (~600mcg) played a role, and I feel terrible for the fact that I allowed for him to eat that much when I could have easily stopped him. I have always has a very Timothy Learyesque approach to L, although I will be MUCH more careful or exactly who I decide to dose in the future.

Has anyone else seen a similar reaction to LSD as this? And does anyone have any feedback or ideas about what exactly could have caused his condition, which I suspect was absolutely a severe case of drug induced psychosis?

I think that it's partly an adrenal response. LSD has adrenaline-like properties on top of it's serotonin agonism. You always notice that people in psychedelic mania have a heavily beating heart. Also, LSD can temporarily kill activity in the language centers of the brain iirc. Anyway, I had a friend who recently had a really bad trip where he became unresponsive to most of what we were saying and was screaming, babbling, pacing and spitting on people, and more. Seemed like his subconscious mind took over to me.

So, I consider myself an experienced tripper and had grown quite complacent with LSD in particular. I know better, I am certainly not naive or uneducated, yet this weekend I cannot help but feel responsible for a particularly ugly incident which left my frightened, intrigued, and curious to WHY it happened.

In the past ten years of eating L, I have seen more than one "freak out" or "bad trip", but nothing that prepared me for this weekend. I was with a friend who wanted to dose. I had eaten a 10 strip of WoW, partially because I have a tolerance due to the frequent nature of my dosing, and this friend was ready for a "full out acid trip". Within an hour, he had eaten 6 hits, at which point I advised him to stop. In retrospect, I should have given such advice even earlier.

It may be worth mentioning that this kid, who I will refer to as K, is inexperienced with any drugs other than marijuana, and probably weighs close to 90 pounds soaking wet - yet was more enthusiastic about dosing than most would be. There was a third person with us as well, who I will refer to as W, who is also fairly experienced with L - who ate about 7 hits. Maybe K just wanted to keep up with us when he chose to eat 6 hits, Idk.

Anyways, things started to get weird when W and I were talking to each other, in a conversation that had was initially the 3 of us. K began babbling on and on, seeming oblivious to the fact that we were literally in the middle of a conversation - and would not shut up. He was talking incessantly about any and everything, and trying to communicate all of these "revelations" that he was having and kept interrupting our conversation with things like, "Why are we hear?", "What is reality?", "OMG I get it now", "Eye contact man, eye contact, that's what it's all about?". At first I attempted to answer his questions and share my thoughts about what he was sharing, but he seemed oblivious to anything I was saying, only beginning to immediately talk over me with more and more random questions and statements. This was all during the first 60 minutes of the trip.

After that things started getting weirder, he began running around the room we were in flapping his arms like wings, and laying on the floor making snow angels or something. At this point there was almost no talking to him at all, about anything. He was beginning to grow increasingly incapable of having any sort of dialog whatsoever, and was still babbling on with statements that made less and less sense.

By two hours into the trip, he was literally nonresponsive to any and everything. He couldn't comprehend or answer anything that he was being asked, was not responding to his name, and continued some bizarre behavior. It was around this point he knocked over a candle and the rug almost caught on fire, so I blew out the rest of the candles that we had lit. He then knocked over a big jug of iced tea onto the rug and was rolling in it, so we removed that too. Then he grabbed a roll of paper towels and began ripping them up into little pieces and throwing them around the room. We were attempting to talk to him thoughout this all to no avail at all, it was as if he was in the room completely by himself and my other friend and I were invisible. Well, all of this was going on in the basement of W's moms house, and W's mom was home and upstairs. As cool as she is, due to the condition of K we felt it was imperative to keep him as far away from her as possible to avoid the night taking a tragic turn for the worse and put her in a position where she would have been not unlikely to attempt to get him medical attention, which we were trying to avoid.

K then began running around at full speed, confused, frightened, and unaware of his surroundings - flailing his arms in the air and punching the ceiling, screaming at K and I for no reason, and growing increasingly agitated. I felt the visual and auditory stimulus (the Documentary Gonzo about HST) was not helping, so I put on a Bob Marley cd since K was wearing a Bob Marley t-shirt at the time and I thought the music may help him into a happy place. He was endangering himself more and more by his hysterics and running around, so W and I sat with him on the couch holding his hands. He did not speak for the next two hours and couldn't even turn his head to the sound of his name or answer questions like "Do you like this song? Do you like Bob Marley? Do you know my name? Do you know your name?". I would describe his state as somewhat catatonic, except for the fact that he would randomly begin to flail his body around violently, and attempt to get up and sprint, in which event we would gently and lovingly keep him grounded to the couch. He was open to coaching, and was easy to keep on the couch with us. After several hours of this hand holding, he began to speak again, but only to yell out nonsensical things like "5,6,7,8,9,10!!" "Cigars!!" and then regress back into silence.

Around 8 hours after the trip began he slowly began to return to reality. Unfortunately in that time he managed to urinate all over himself and the couch, and begin making accusations that we were "fucking with him", that he "needs to use the phone to call for help", and that he was afraid he had confided all of his deepest and darkest secrets to him (which he did not). I FINALLY was able to get my hands on some xanax at this time and gave him 3mg which helped A LOT. He was humiliated that he had soiled himself and hid under a blanket for a period of time, and began asking us questions about the night - which he claimed he could not remember any of, as if it were all a black out. We were gentle and tried to be comforting with our answers to him, and tried our best to make his re-assimilation back into reality go as well as possible. He was determined to take some bong rips, which I greatly advised against, but he would not take no for an answer and proceeded to take several hits from the bong and then fall asleep.

By the time we woke up in the morning he was "back to normal" but not himself. Not his old self at least.

I later found out that he is diagnosed with either ADD or ADHD, but is on no medication. If he had dosed at a show, or somewhere more public than where we were, or was not with friends such as W and I to trip sit for him and tend to him the entire night, I have no doubt that things would have gotten far worse than they did.

I am curious why he had this reaction to the LSD? And before any speculation, I am sure that this was in fact LSD and not an analog, an nBOME, a DOx compound, or any other drug. I am guessing that he may have some underlying mental illness that the L tapped into? Could his low body weight have been a contributing factor? Obviously the dose that he ate (~600mcg) played a role, and I feel terrible for the fact that I allowed for him to eat that much when I could have easily stopped him. I have always has a very Timothy Learyesque approach to L, although I will be MUCH more careful or exactly who I decide to dose in the future.

Has anyone else seen a similar reaction to LSD as this? And does anyone have any feedback or ideas about what exactly could have caused his condition, which I suspect was absolutely a severe case of drug induced psychosis?
This is the nightmare of Albert Hoffman and Stan grof. Geniuses ho knew how to use LSD to heal lifetimes of Karma. But two little fuckheads tripping in their moms basement and taking too much acid. It's ridiculous. everybody should read this and realize these clowns are the reason that LSD is a schedule one drug. Leary created these imbeciles, and they will fuck themselves up beyond fixing and ruin it for those of us who are using psychedelics for spiritual and psychological development. These dummies are screwing us spiritual warriors who are fighting to liberate our minds and leading the future of humanity. Meanwhile these clowns are pissing themselves and getting paranoid cause they're amateurs. Shut them down, and keep them for ruining this bardo state for the rest of us....

^^Steady on matanoia

You're giving law enforcement too much credit by claiming LSD is illegal because they want to "protect" us. They simply don't like the idea of people getting high on drugs - that's why all drugs are illegal.

I don't think you're going to convince any policeman by saying "I had a great trip last night lets legalise it".

Fool of a Took

This is the nightmare of Albert Hoffman and Stan grof. Geniuses who knew how to use LSD to heal lifetimes of Karma.

If you had ever read LSD: My Problem Child or read Grof's interpretation of the cause and effect of "bad trips" you would know that both Hoffman and Grof had a deeper understanding about the causes and nature of being in psychedelic crisis than youself. To the best of my knowledge neither of these men held the belief that people who had negative experiences on LSD, including going into a cathartic state, were "dummies screwing us spiritual warriors who [blah blah blah]". Grof states in Realms of the Human Unconscious that "that many cathartic experiences within psychedelic states, while not necessarily crises, may be the effects of consciousness entering a perinatal space" and more importantly that these experiences, while negative at the time, ultimately lead to major intellectual, spiritual, and emotional breakthroughs.

But two little fuckheads tripping in their moms basement and taking too much acid.

Well, it was three people tripping - and only one was in their moms basement. I was with a family member of mine who is younger than me and has experience tripping on mushrooms and low doses of acid who told me he was ready to try a higher dose of LSD, and convinced me that his friend was ready as well. My role in being there was to act in the capacity of a trip sitter and mentor who could help guide them on this endeavor. I have been using psychedelics for my entire adult life and am experienced with many STB and A/B DMT extractions, have handled more L on Dead tour than you have probably ever seen, and have a great respect for the power and potential of these substances. Also, I greatly enjoy turning people on. I always got great pleasure in bringing typically "straight" kids from the upper middle class area where I grew up and bringing them to a show, and helping them to expand their consciousness. Experiencing unconditional Love and coming to the understanding that we (all living things) are part of the same collective and are all one was invaluable on my own journey thus far and with the right guidance I encourage many (but not all others) to follow suit. Some obvious exceptions to this are those who have underlying mental illness and those on anti psychotic medications, or those too young and not ready, but the kid who freaked out didn't give me any indication that he was not ready for it prior to the trip. He was actually incredibly enthusiastic and eager to eat the L, which was his own choice. I have been judged by some "headier than thou" lot kids who I used to tour with because I would let these "custies" camp out with me and get them spun. What neither them nor you understand is that all of us started somewhere and that I deeply believe that the greater the exposure of the population to these substances the more people that will inevitably "get it", and can help turn others on as well. The Light that LSD, mushrooms, DMT, and mescaline can show people is not some tightly guarded secret that we must keep shrouded, veiled, and reserved to ourselves. Ultimately, mankind as a whole is ultimately only going to benefit from those of us who take an active role in the evolution of our consciousness.

It's ridiculous. everybody should read this and realize these clowns are the reason that LSD is a schedule one drug.

Do you really believe this? LSD became a schedule one drug because the government is scared of it. Scared of the power it has to enlighten those whom already think for themselves and question authority, and afraid of people who think outside the box period. The government is never going to embrace a sacrament fueling the counterculture, and frankly even if LSD was more benign it would have been scheduled inevitably anyways because of its perceived potential for abuse and for the sheer fact that it "gets you high". Neither myself, my younger family member, nor his friend are "part of the problem" - we are all actively trying to become part of the solution. Your dogmatic, judgmental, condescending, and self righteous thinking make you part of the problem.

Leary created these imbeciles, and they will fuck themselves up beyond fixing and ruin it for those of us who are using psychedelics for spiritual and psychological development. These dummies are screwing us spiritual warriors who are fighting to liberate our minds and leading the future of humanity.

Oh get the fuck over yourself! Who exactly do you think you are? What contributions have you made to mankind that put you on this pedestal so high above anyone else? Here is a link you may find helpful : http://lmgtfy.com/?q=delusions+of+grandeur

Also, for the record, neither myself nor most other people I know - including people I have met that actually lay tenpacks and work with crystal, believe that LSD must only be used "for spiritual and psychological development". Many people come to LSD looking for another kick and wind up finding something else entirely. My experience would lead me to believe that the majority of this forum is probably in that boat, which is fine. Some people come to LSD looking for kicks and find kicks, which is fine too. Some of us have our brains wired in a way that allows us to have tremendous insights about ourselves as a species, ourselves personally, and the nature of the role of not only us but all life that exists in the cosmos. That is a blessing, however I do not get mad at people who eat a little L to get spun and have a good time with their friends whether it be in their moms basement, at a show, or at the park. I believe in personal freedom and also that with each repeat experience there is a greater probability that someone might be shown the Light and end up with an experience greater than they initially bargained for.

Meanwhile these clowns are pissing themselves and getting paranoid cause they're amateurs. Shut them down, and keep them for ruining this bardo state for the rest of us....

How callous and ignorant of you to even say this. I guarantee with a high enough dose of L you would absolutely piss yourself and become paranoid too. "Buy the ticket, take the ride" right? Try having some compassion for your fellow man and try being of use to those who are less experienced than you rather than just being a conceited and condescending asshole. You were an amateur too once, remember? It is quite apparent to me that despite all your proclaimed knowledge and experience with psychedelics you have neither an understanding of the Love and Unity than bind all of us nor of the nature of the beast of psychedelics themselves.

Go back to your cutesy little mushroom grow kit you ordered out of High Times and try to take a look in the mirror once in a while so you can realize that it is indeed you who is in the fucking way. While you are at it, remind us all again how DMT metabolizes into psilocin and that DMT has nothing different or unique to offer? In your attempt to try and prove how much smarter than everyone else you are, you have only shown that you are an ignorant jackass. Best of luck to you.

No useless image macros. ~atara

Last edited by a moderator:
"And does anyone have any feedback or ideas about what exactly could have caused his condition"

Yeah I know exactly what caused it: he ate 6 hits. I have been doing LSD 25 years and I wouldn't take that much. I almost never take more than two. How could you give that much to someone with no tolerance? That's really irresponsible. It's not fair to the mom to be put in that situation either, she had some damn compelling reasons to call 911 on you dumb asses. If the kid had gotten fucked up in her basement, or even if he left and got hurt, she could get sued. Why don't you guys wait until you grow up to drop LSD? It's so much better in your own apartment.
Interesting I had the feeling after a bad trip that I told everyone my secrets too. I was actually biting my tongue to not say anything during.

I do take responsibility for letting that kid eat so much. I had already eaten a 10 strip when they dosed, although I also had quiet a tolerance - but I was not thinking entirely clearly myself about the risks of the situation at the time. He started off eating 2.5 hits which I estimate is about 250ug - that at the time seemed reasonable to me. When he decided to eat more I should have stopped him but I didn't, which makes me feel that I failed him in some ways and this ordeal was my fault. At least to an extent.

I moved into my own house 8 years ago, and was at a younger family members house to be there with him when he dosed that night. I did not expect for him to have an inexperienced friend there at all. A 600ug dose with no tolerance is a lot to handle for someone with no experience with psychedelics. I saw this kid yesterday and he is back to his normal jolly self, although we did not talk about the trip from the other night at all.

As far as "never eating more than 2 hits", to each their own. Like I said in my initial post, I will exercise much more caution and use much better judgement in the future over who I dose and how much I allow them to eat. In my current situation I don't think I am going to be turning anyone else on either. I learned my lesson and so did he. I do quite enjoy high dose acid trips though, it depends on what you want to get out of the experience. It is hard for me to have a deeply spiritual/enlightening or profound trip of a dose as low as 2 hits...

A kid with no LSD experience eats 6 hits and has a hard time? I can't begin to fathom why that would cause issues... 8( He had a bad trip and I promise he is going to have a hard time integrating it. He remembers most of it most likely. There isn't anything you can do for him at this point. Next time try one or two hits and wait 1.5hrs. Then if you need more redose.

DarkStarCrashes and MetanoiaMan: please be civil. Thanks.

DarkStarCrashes said:
I am curious as to why he had this reaction to the LSD?

Because you let him take way, way too much. A drug-naive human will not need more than two tabs to have a "full-on acid trip"; if he's under 100 pounds, one would probably be more than enough. I suppose the tabs you were using might have been sort of weak, so two would be understandable, but this is seriously irresponsible behavior.

DarkStarCrashes said:
It is hard for me to have a deeply spiritual/enlightening or profound trip of a dose as low as 2 hits...

It's important to be able to distinguish at some point "learning" from simply "getting really high". One would expect someone truly enlightened to be attentive to risk and to know how to explain to a new user how much they should be taking, or to recognize incoherent babbling as a sign of a problem before the unfortunate subject progresses to total delirium.

I just want to make it clear that I neither advised this kid to eat more than 2 hits nor fed them to him. This kid went and cut himself a nice little strip off of a sheet that I had in the room with us and stuck it on his tongue about 40 minutes after I gave him the 2 hit size piece. With that being said I saw him do it and told him that was pretty fucking hefty dose that he just ate and he probably did NOT need it - but I didn't make him spit it out or intervene the way that I would now in retrospect. I am not irresponsible enough to go advising some first time tripper to eat more than half a ten strip. I knew this kid was fucked when the incoherent babbling started but that was already after he had eaten and swallowed more - and I did my absolute best to help guide him through the trip and make sure that he was as comfortable as he could possibly be given his state of mind.

Also I would not say the L was weak at all, it is difficult to really say how many ug were on each tab but it is GDF WoW and I got a sheet of this family L as head stash. It is super clean and on par with some of the best WoW I have ever worked with, except for sheets that were mop or laid extra strong for certain events or whatnot for family use only.

I do still stand by my statement that for me, even with no tolerance I only will get "really high" off one or two tabs - and I much prefer a higher dose where I can experience complete ego death and rebirth while I explore the caverns of my mind, dissect them, and piece them back together in a way that I can benefit from when all is said and done. 6 hits is absolutely an excessive dose for most people, and while I feel responsible I do not want to give the impression that I condoned, encouraged, and deliberately enabled that sort of reckless behavior. My frustration with myself lies in the fact that I observed it happen and only offered the kid words about how it was too much without physically stopping him or intervening in some different way...

If you had ever read LSD: My Problem Child or read Grof's interpretation of the cause and effect of "bad trips" you would know that both Hoffman and Grof had a deeper understanding about the causes and nature of being in psychedelic crisis than youself. To the best of my knowledge neither of these men held the belief that people who had negative experiences on LSD, including going into a cathartic state, were "dummies screwing us spiritual warriors who [blah blah blah]". Grof states in Realms of the Human Unconscious that "that many cathartic experiences within psychedelic states, while not necessarily crises, may be the effects of consciousness entering a perinatal space" and more importantly that these experiences, while negative at the time, ultimately lead to major intellectual, spiritual, and emotional breakthroughs.

Well, it was three people tripping - and only one was in their moms basement. I was with a family member of mine who is younger than me and has experience tripping on mushrooms and low doses of acid who told me he was ready to try a higher dose of LSD, and convinced me that his friend was ready as well. My role in being there was to act in the capacity of a trip sitter and mentor who could help guide them on this endeavor. I have been using psychedelics for my entire adult life and am experienced with many STB and A/B DMT extractions, have handled more L on Dead tour than you have probably ever seen, and have a great respect for the power and potential of these substances. Also, I greatly enjoy turning people on. I always got great pleasure in bringing typically "straight" kids from the upper middle class area where I grew up and bringing them to a show, and helping them to expand their consciousness. Experiencing unconditional Love and coming to the understanding that we (all living things) are part of the same collective and are all one was invaluable on my own journey thus far and with the right guidance I encourage many (but not all others) to follow suit. Some obvious exceptions to this are those who have underlying mental illness and those on anti psychotic medications, or those too young and not ready, but the kid who freaked out didn't give me any indication that he was not ready for it prior to the trip. He was actually incredibly enthusiastic and eager to eat the L, which was his own choice. I have been judged by some "headier than thou" lot kids who I used to tour with because I would let these "custies" camp out with me and get them spun. What neither them nor you understand is that all of us started somewhere and that I deeply believe that the greater the exposure of the population to these substances the more people that will inevitably "get it", and can help turn others on as well. The Light that LSD, mushrooms, DMT, and mescaline can show people is not some tightly guarded secret that we must keep shrouded, veiled, and reserved to ourselves. Ultimately, mankind as a whole is ultimately only going to benefit from those of us who take an active role in the evolution of our consciousness.

Do you really believe this? LSD became a schedule one drug because the government is scared of it. Scared of the power it has to enlighten those whom already think for themselves and question authority, and afraid of people who think outside the box period. The government is never going to embrace a sacrament fueling the counterculture, and frankly even if LSD was more benign it would have been scheduled inevitably anyways because of its perceived potential for abuse and for the sheer fact that it "gets you high". Neither myself, my younger family member, nor his friend are "part of the problem" - we are all actively trying to become part of the solution. Your dogmatic, judgmental, condescending, and self righteous thinking make you part of the problem.

Oh get the fuck over yourself! Who exactly do you think you are? What contributions have you made to mankind that put you on this pedestal so high above anyone else? Here is a link you may find helpful : http://lmgtfy.com/?q=delusions+of+grandeur

Also, for the record, neither myself nor most other people I know - including people I have met that actually lay tenpacks and work with crystal, believe that LSD must only be used "for spiritual and psychological development". Many people come to LSD looking for another kick and wind up finding something else entirely. My experience would lead me to believe that the majority of this forum is probably in that boat, which is fine. Some people come to LSD looking for kicks and find kicks, which is fine too. Some of us have our brains wired in a way that allows us to have tremendous insights about ourselves as a species, ourselves personally, and the nature of the role of not only us but all life that exists in the cosmos. That is a blessing, however I do not get mad at people who eat a little L to get spun and have a good time with their friends whether it be in their moms basement, at a show, or at the park. I believe in personal freedom and also that with each repeat experience there is a greater probability that someone might be shown the Light and end up with an experience greater than they initially bargained for.

How callous and ignorant of you to even say this. I guarantee with a high enough dose of L you would absolutely piss yourself and become paranoid too. "Buy the ticket, take the ride" right? Try having some compassion for your fellow man and try being of use to those who are less experienced than you rather than just being a conceited and condescending asshole. You were an amateur too once, remember? It is quite apparent to me that despite all your proclaimed knowledge and experience with psychedelics you have neither an understanding of the Love and Unity than bind all of us nor of the nature of the beast of psychedelics themselves.

Go back to your cutesy little mushroom grow kit you ordered out of High Times and try to take a look in the mirror once in a while so you can realize that it is indeed you who is in the fucking way. While you are at it, remind us all again how DMT metabolizes into psilocin and that DMT has nothing different or unique to offer? In your attempt to try and prove how much smarter than everyone else you are, you have only shown that you are an ignorant jackass. Best of luck to you.

No useless image macros. ~atara
Well, I can see someone has had a big reaction to his amateur trip guiding. In fact, I studied for years with Stan Grof and Ralph Metzner, and I guarantee you each of them would think some guy who thinks he's turning people onto some kind of deep reality at Grateful Dead shows had Delusions of Grandeur. I also got a Ph.D in Clinical Psychology from CIIS where I studied with these guys. So, I would agree with them. You are obviously on some great big ego trip where you think that you are doing some kind of spiritual work giving psychedelic virgins drugs. I think I'll leave the rest of what you wrote as it lays cause it is really just projections. You shouldn't present yourself as some expert on Psychedelics to unsuspecting kids like the ones you dosed that freaked out. You should be more responsible. As jon kabat zinn once said, "The next time you feel the need to tell someone you think it would benefit them to meditate, you'd spend your time more usefully meditating yourself." That grow kit was awesome though. Didn't get it on high times. Yielded about two solid ounces of dried mushrooms from a one hundred and fifty dollar investment.Glad to se you've been reading my posts. Keep it up, you'll learn something. :D

Lol, despite your arrogance you are indeed a character MetanoiaMan. I am starting a mushroom grow using the PF-Tek soon. I will keep a log, but I do not think discussion of drug production is allowed on BL so it will be on another forum. Insofar as everything else, I do not have the energy nor desire to engage in some kind of flame war/argument/pissing contest with some stranger over the internet - although I do disagree with most all of your initial assertions. And yes, I have read many of your posts, as I spent the vast majority of my time on the forums lurking rather than posting.

I recently began studying Zen Meditation, and I'm going to begin to practice yoga as well. I need to find a way to incorporate my deeply spiritual experiences that I have had on psychedelics into my atheistic worldview and I have too many friends who swear by yoga and meditation to not see that there is obviously much value to be held in it. Never forget that every single human on this planet has something to teach you, if you can see past their personality.

You have it all wrong with me being on some big ego trip of having delusions of grandeur myself. Far from it. All I can do with anything in life is to draw the best available conclusion from all the evidence available to me and go with it until I am shown evidence otherwise. When I am wrong I quickly admit it, and I never claimed to be any sort of expert, guru, or prophet. As far as your opinion on what you think ole Ralph and Stan would think about "turning people on" at Dead shows, I disagree.

There was a report by the DEA that in each and every city the Dead would stop in on tour there was an exponential increase in the amount of LSD locally available for a period of time after the band left town. The trend has been in effect for the duration of the bands career, and has continued for the last 20 years after Jerry's death. If we wanted to get rich of LSD and didn't recognize it for the incredibly powerful and important tool in our evolution as humans that it is, this would not be the case. I know very few people who work with large quantities of L that have dollar signs in their eye. I suppose I am rambling now, but moving lots of paper work is a spiritual mission and is a sacred work - if we simply didn't care then there are a lot more profitable drugs that kids could sell to make their money to get to the next show. None of us have any delusions of grandeur, and take the immense risk of traveling with tenpacks upon tenpacks knowing that we are doing some greater good and helping spread Love and Light.

I would be interested to hear more about your mushroom grow, as it seems you had a great success and are very happy with the results.

I love this thread. It sums up the worst of supposed psyconauts. My balls are bigger than yours cos......imho / experience there are the know all and the know nothing. Irrelevant of qualification either in life or learning.

You guys actually sound the same and soon as you start the whole bullshit mine are thread you quickly expose the fact that your degree of enlightenment and lessons learned are still in the playground. I'm sure they aren't but you got lured into the EGO debates and soon as you do you forget all those lessons you theoretically will have learnt?

Ask yourselves why you do psychedelics at all.

Ego ego ego Learn to leave that at the door and next time youll have a much better enlightening experience. Peace love respect and unity. Soon as we all learn that one the world becomes heaven.

Note to turning people on. We probably all had one of those types in our early experience and looking back at mine was he doing it for me or himself? I note a supposed trip sitter role - no a true turner does not need to do the drugs with the group because they are there in order to advise and administer agreed dosages based on mutual agreement link to capability and experience. IMHO there are lots of supposed self proclaimed gurus but generally they are just after looking to get high and need social groups in order that they can facilitate their ego.

Oh and yes by my posting this I am also guilty of facilitating my ego but sometimes I dont like to see people argue bullshit when actually you two could definitely listen and learn from each other. Love you x

Last edited:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tisjsgsgtZU - THIS has got me out of some bad places. Lucky I had a setup with 4 large buttons that were lit - they chose the playlists. Shulgin's 'Hand in the air' rule is also important to follow.

Now that's seriously old school. And a fellow artists to boot ?. Although my set up is vinyl all the way, sorry I'm a purist. First time I heard the hand in the air rule. That guy was a legend. A true purist psyconaut in every way.

Think we hijacked this thread ? pm time probably or we start a thread stages of realism and what to listen to

OP is just tryin to spread the love, props to you <3

his friend had a bad trip because they literally didn't plan anything for the trip besides taking a high dose. If you're gonna take a high dose like that you should have a pretty good plan of what to do besides sit in a basement and trip out.

your friend was probably going through crazy mindmovies and only getting momentary glimpses of an actual visual connection to reality, IME during these states it is very very difficult to talk, and when you do talk its usually pretty incoherent. If he was in nature he probably would have been much better off but you never know.

when I was on a really high dose of LSD I was walking around a festival and there would be moments where literally like 100 people disappeared at once but their campsites and everything were still there perfectly intact, I also felt like I was falling through a spiral portal into different times and universes. At some point I looked at the forest and everything beyond the trees looked like an endless void and then I watched more ground form and trees grow out of it(time lapse style) and I walked into what previously seemed to be an endless void.

what I'm trying to say is theres no reason why he had a bad trip, high doses of LSD are fuckin crazy