• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Bad Trip Subthread] Have You Ever Had a Bad Trip?

Have you ever had a bad trip?

• Yes I have.

Votes: 346 49.4%
  • No I have never.

Votes: 150 21.4%
  • No but I have had [b]difficult[/b] trips.

Votes: 195 27.9%
  • I never have and am confident I never will.

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Other / Not sure (post alternative answer!)

Votes: 3 0.4%

• Total voters
With ether I thought that I died, but that was nice exprience I was'nt scared. I even waited for death, I was really curious. I never have scared about death, its interesting.

No, I happen to like my own subconsciousness, even though it's fucking insane. I sure have had difficult experiences, but I can't imagine a bad trip. They've all been fruitful afterwards.

I believe through every trip, you learn more about the fabric of your own mind. Good or bad, you are going to learn something

As I've said many a time ,there's no real such thing in my book as a "bad trip", save perhaps a psychotic freakout ,only "difficult trips." I've had none of the former(knock on wood) and MANY of the latter. They've honesty been some of the formative experiences of my psychedelic career and helped me a great deal. Does anything, anything at all, beat the feeling of reintegrating after such an experience, if you can point it in a positive direction? Feels like you've just WON life ...

SomeKindaLove said:
As I've said many a time ,there's no real such thing in my book as a "bad trip", save perhaps a psychotic freakout ,only "difficult trips." I've had none of the former(knock on wood) and MANY of the latter. They've honesty been some of the formative experiences of my psychedelic career and helped me a great deal. Does anything, anything at all, beat the feeling of reintegrating after such an experience, if you can point it in a positive direction? Feels like you've just WON life ...

Absolutely. Whenever I had that glint of happiness in one of my more dark trips, I broke down, it was beautiful.

Shlumpeet said:
No thanks...lets just say I thought I was dying unless I said a certain word that I could absolutely not think of. Absolute terror.

I already had a bad trip that had a part similar to that.

yes, i have had bad trips.
i love plain salvia leaf but the high powered extracts give me scary, psychotic/delusional trips, where i tend to become a foreign object and get stuck in a loop and feel i'll be stuck there forever.
the worst was when i smoked a hit of 20x with a torch lighter. i heard a voice saying something like "and the chu-huh, and the chu-huh" repeatedly then i heard another voice saying "i hope you are thinking of the word schizophrenia" over and over again. then i became the letter p in the word schizophrenia and i kept spinning and spinning and spinning. i was thinking "fuck, i'm gonna be found sitting here tripping face for all eternity and i'll live the rest of my life in a psych ward thinking i'm the letter p."
it was the worst drug experience i ever had.
i've also had psychotic type dxm and pcp experiences.
i've never had bad trips on seratonin type psychedelics (lsd, mushrooms, lsa, i'm too g'd up to remember the rest (and i should be doing something more fun than posting on a message board on g)) but i ate dirty acid a couple times and got sicker than i've ever been in my life.

Only on Salvia. The first time was scary, but the second breakthrough takes the cake:

I took two hits from the bong and instantly got the "oh shit, why did I do this to myself again" feeling. Everything was ripped away and I completely left my physical body as I've never done before. NOTHING I saw was like the room I'd smoked in. My physical body, during this, was apparently thrashing around and talking nonsense about "capital hats" to my friends.

Meanwhile in SalviaLand, I was a part of this cartoon-looking green grass, where something was punching up letters out of the grass for a sign. If you weren't the right letter, you weren't allowed to exist anymore. You guess it, I wasn't the right letter. I was on a conveyor belt being pushed toward the thing pushing the letters up. It was the most horrifying feeling..I've never felt such pure panic. And the body load was the most uncomfortable thing, like extreme pins and needles.

Ugh. But regardless, I'm glad I had the experience. Never again, though.

I've had a bad trip on mushrooms. I took about 1.5 times a normal dose, Columbian Mushrooms of some sort. The first few hours we're quite fun, until i decided to leave my tripping buddies and go to my favorite pub to get a drink. When i got in it seemed to take ages before i could order, and it took even longer before i got my drink. I took a few sips, and then just stormed out of the place and got back on my bicycle. I cylcled back to my tripping buddies and told them I wasn't feeling to well.

Then i sort of got into a delirium, i lost most of my touch with reality. I forget what the concept of time ment, or work, or money. I asked my tripping buddies if they could get me my parents, which they refused. Then i asked them for knives, razors, sharp object, which they also refused. Thank god they we're still normal :p

Then i started seeing really bizar shit, i was watching a very bad version of my personal future in fast-forward. I saw myself sitting in that room, with my friends visiting me from time to time, but i would just ignore them. I heard them gossiping about me. It felt terrible. Then i could feel myself decompose and become some sliming form of live.

It took 3 hours before i regained consiousness. But i didn't realise it, i thought i was still dreaming. So i thought to myself "If i can get to my own home in this dream, and go to sleep there, i will wake up in my real life" So i took my bicycle. I met my tripping buddies outside, they had just gone for a walk. (well, one had stayed with me, but he didn't know what to do when i got up and wanted to leave) They insisted on cycling with me to my home. When i got home, i said goodbye to them, and went in. When i looked trough the window, i saw them cycling away, and at that point understood that i was already awake.

I haven't used mushrooms since (been over a year) but have used LSD twice since, no bad effects noticed. I'm not sure if i will ever try mushrooms again.

I've had one "loss of reality" involving of all drugs mescaline and amphetamine. Very frightening to reflect on, though I don't remember much...

I have never truly had a "bad" trip but I've had one scary one on a quarter of mushrooms.

Pretty much my face melted morphed and contorted into a deamon while at the same time I had the sensation that i was falling through the cabinet i was leaning on into hell. I jumped off the cabinet and went to a new setting for a few minutes and I was good.

Also on acid when I looked in the mirror it looked like all the blood vessels were popping out of my face and I kind of just stared and said "Woah"
Basically my face was rotting

I've had very rough trips over the years, but not one that I didnt learn from in the end. I guess I have not had what would be considered a bad trip in the context of this thread.

I've never had a bad trip, im not exactly sure why.
Many of my friends have.
I've had many trips... but i have always had a very positive attitude when i'm high. I think it is also because I am very good at dealing with situations.

Last march, i was having an acid get together at my house with about 7 other people. Everything was fine, until my friend decided it was a good idea to do nitrus... ontop of taking 2ci about 10 min before. We needed to leave my house because my parents were coming home (and being at my house on LSD and having to deal with my parents would have been bad). But for some reason my friend sort of lost his mind. He couldn't leave my house because he kept thinking he lost something or left something of his behind... first it was his drugs... then food... then his thoughts... images... experiences... the more he went on the less logical sense it made. I told him he had exactly 10 min to get whatever he thought he "left" and then lets go. He searched my house... couldn't find anything... then started yelling at me and my best friend about how we weren't giving him enough time and that it was all of our fault. Well it got to the point that my mom came home, and everyone left except me my friend who lost his mind... and my best friend who stayed behind to make sure everything was okay. Well my mom had to call the police to get my friend who lost his mind out of the house (because he was literally losing his mind, he wasn't making any sense... pacing around my house). My mom was obviously like WTF? So at the end of this all... i had 12 police officers at my house... an ambulance... they blocked off my street... had to tazor him out. And yes i + my best friend had to deal with all of this (about 3-4 hours... yes cops are THAT friggin slow) while being on 3 hits of acid. Even after all of that I just got up and left... still being high... i decided to go to Niagara Falls for the weekend.

You can say my experience was not very good, but I thought i handeled it very well, and I was completely fine. My friend who lost his mind woke up in the hospital the next day, not remembering anything. I'm not angry at him, I just told him to slow down.

(sorry for the long read).

tranceformers said:
I have never truly had a "bad" trip but I've had one scary one on a quarter of mushrooms.

Pretty much my face melted morphed and contorted into a deamon while at the same time I had the sensation that i was falling through the cabinet i was leaning on into hell. I jumped off the cabinet and went to a new setting for a few minutes and I was good.

Also on acid when I looked in the mirror it looked like all the blood vessels were popping out of my face and I kind of just stared and said "Woah"
Basically my face was rotting

Was your face rotting in the bathroom mirror like that scene in Poltergeist where the camera guy goes into the bathroom and starts tearing off his face? If so we are in the same boat my friend...

I've never really had a bad nor difficult trip, every time I have taken a psychedelic drug I have had a wonderful time and been able to control myself to a degree. The only times when I have been uncomfortable is when I've been with people who are trying a drug for the first time..cough cough mushrooms...and they start to freak out and can't handle it.

If you don't want a bad/terrible/difficult trip just add MDMA into your psychedelic mix!

I thought I was impervious to bad trips; having shroom'ed out and fried on acid a couple of times.

I never knew what tripping really was--;

See, I assumed that when you trip, the hills of the waves are the intense visuals and the valleys are when you're considering yourself getting sober.

Then I ate 2 grams of extremely, extremely potent cubensis.

Now I know that the VALLEYS, where you can still move around and look at your intense visuals and talk and stuff, thats where they are. The hills, are the trip.

I was in the park sitting on a bench tripping out with my GF, when all of a sudden the interestingness of the trees melting together and reaching for me and stuff took on a new level: I lost my body completely, the world was changed, me and her both felt it at the same time, we laughed, we cried for a second, and the feelings seemed to zoom back and forth as we tried to figure out exactly what the FUCK was going on. Then this feeling left me, and I was able to walk again, so we cruised down the hill towards one of the entrances to the park. We met up with a couple kids that were down there and explained we were shroomin', they started doing funny things and all was well. I thought I was on another 'hill', like before, seeing intense, beyond comprehension visuals, but I was in for something different. The peak of the trip hadn't even hit yet:

And this is where it turned bad.

A bunch of little shithead kids started racing by on there bikes, saying they lit a bomb off in front of a house for kicks, and the cops might come to the park looking for them. Of course I started to get a little freaked out, and my emotional euphoria took a nosedive. Within minutes as the peak blasted out of the atmosphere my world melted, my girlfriend dissapeared and the two kids standing there became complete hallucinations, saying repetetive phrases and doing impossible things right in front of me, and everything shattered into complete darkness. I was told later that I just fell on the ground saying "this is what it feels like to die." i was in intense pain, tasting blood, my teeth were non existent: having never tripped THIS hard, I assumed I had been hit by a car doing something stupid, and I was hallucinating all of this.

It was an extremely painful experience, and even when I the peak subsided and I could kinda tell that we were still in the park and saw new faces and stuff whats again, sitting around me and my girlfriend smoking cigarettes and talking, my mind was so shattered that I couldn't recover. The rest of the trip was spent still thinking I was in the hospital being operated on, and only when I became sober did I realize what happened. I completely forgot that whole above part of the trip; the mind-shattering experience blocked itself out.

The only way I remembered that was when I took acid again a few days ago, I remembered suddenly the absurdity and intensity of the hallucinations I saw while having the bad trip.

I had a good trip on acid because I realized that its feelings that make it good and sensible, if you have anything on your mind (set) or if you're in an uncomfrtable place (setting); you'll put yourself into a mindfuck that is all too real and all too frightening.

The visuals and swirlies and whatnot are just a cool addition to tripping, not the main thing you take mushrooms/LSD for; like I assumed. Stupid stupid me. :p

Never. Mushrooms, Acid, RC's, Ketamine, Salvia, DMT. Never had any problems on any of them, and i've taken some fairly high doses.

I've been in several extremely fucked up situations that would have been hard to handle sober, but managed to come out fine, although a little shaken.

I have this feeling whilst tripping that everything will be ok, and it always is.

Psychedelics are one of the things i know ill be doing for most of the remainder of my life.

=D

Roger&Me said:
Sometimes a bad trip is exactly what you need to force you to confront issues you've been avoiding. Sometimes tripping can be like a sparring session; you can get a little beat up and it might hurt your pride a bit. But you're certainly better off for it.
oh man, very true. I experienced this today.

treezy z said:
yes, i have had bad trips.
i love plain salvia leaf but the high powered extracts give me scary, psychotic/delusional trips, where i tend to become a foreign object and get stuck in a loop and feel i'll be stuck there forever.
the worst was when i smoked a hit of 20x with a torch lighter. i heard a voice saying something like "and the chu-huh, and the chu-huh" repeatedly then i heard another voice saying "i hope you are thinking of the word schizophrenia" over and over again. then i became the letter p in the word schizophrenia and i kept spinning and spinning and spinning. i was thinking "fuck, i'm gonna be found sitting here tripping face for all eternity and i'll live the rest of my life in a psych ward thinking i'm the letter p."
it was the worst drug experience i ever had.

Holy fucking shit, I had literally the exact same experience with salvia on 25x, snapped a FAT brimmer of it through my 2 footer and i was fucking stuck in a continuous loop spinning and spinning, salvia is rediculous..

Thizzinballs said:
Holy fucking shit, I had literally the exact same experience with salvia on 25x, snapped a FAT brimmer of it through my 2 footer and i was fucking stuck in a continuous loop spinning and spinning, salvia is rediculous..
yeah man same here, the spinning loop thing scared the shit out of me!

a friend of mine turned into an inanimate object too..and another friend said he was stuck on Satan's bathroom floor.:! :! :!

I've never had a bad trip. I just can't get into that mindset. I feel very secure when I'm tripping, even more so than sober. It's weird, but predictability makes me uncomfortable, rather than the unknown.