• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Bad Trip Subthread] Describe your worst psychedelic experience(s)!

I wanted to candyflip so I took acid and E, and a couple hours later I was only feeling the E, so I took a 2nd hit of acid. Then when they both hit it was very strong. We were in a hotel and my bf wanted a drink or two before bed so we went to the hotel bar. While we were there some old homeless-looking guy comes up and sits at the bar and starts talking to my bf about how he's a veteran and stuff, I don't even remember all that he was saying, but he said he was having a party in his room later and we should come up. My bf said sure, not intending to go but he could tell this guy was nuts and just wanted to get rid of him.

We went back to our room and it was late at night and my bf wanted to go to sleep. In a hotel room I couldn't just stay up and watch tv or he wouldn't have been able to sleep, so here I am high as fuck and laying in bed in a dark room. I started to be worried that the old guy from the bar would come find our room somehow. Then I worried that my bf was an axe murderer and was going to kill me. I felt these ideas strongly and felt the fear, but at the same time the rational part of my brain was able to see that there was nothing to them, and to mostly calm my fears.

I was really distressed and alone, and every time I tried to talk to my bf, he responded a little bit but I could tell he just wanted to go to sleep. I really wanted some attention and affection and just couldn't get it from him. I don't know how long this lasted but it was a very difficult few hours.

Alright so I had just gotten salvia for the first time ever and it was the first psychedelic drug I had gotten ahold of.

The 3rd time I ever did it I was with my two friends in the woods behind one of their neighborhoods. My other friend had his music headphones and told my other buddy who was sitting next to me to press the play button when I blew the smoke out. So anyways I pack the bowl full of salvia 10x and proceed to light it.

All the sudden this fucking voice started singing something a little like this:

HOT PILE ON THE CANDY
ITS SUCH A PRETTY SIGHT
IT MAKES THE FOOD TASTE DANDY BUT MY TUMMY HURTS ALL NIGHT

ILL PUT IN SOME INGREDIENTS BUT KEEP THE REST FOR ME
IM NOT JUST DISOBEDIENT, IM CAREFUL CANT YOU SEE?

ITS A PIECE OF CAKE TO BAKE A PRETTY CAKE, IF THE WAY IS HAZY
YOU GOTTA DO THE COOKIN BY THE BOOK
YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T BE LAZY
NEVER USE A MESSY RECIPE
THE CAKE WILL END UP CRAZY
AND IF YOU DO THE COOKIN BY THE BOOK,
THEN YOULL HAVE A CAKE

(lazy town, cookin by the book-look it up you will laugh your ass off)

so anyway at the beginning of the song I was laughing nuts and then instead of it being funny it was an evil joke. My friend was forcing me to laugh. He chose this song just so he could take control over my mind when I couldnt stop laughing.

I could see a big pink assembly-belt type thing to my left with a bunch of cakes on it. I was one of the workers and I had to make cakes or else the boss was going to yell at me.

I finally realized the music was coming from the headphones so I riped them off my head.

THen my asshole friend fucking lights his smoke bomb and decides to point it at me. It sprayed sparks all over my body. At first I thought I was being attacked by bees or something then I saw him doing it and laughing his stupid fat laugh. I yelled at him to stop as loud as I could but he just thought it was funny and kept doing it. I got so pissed off I yelled for a good 5 minutes and eventually forgot what I was laughing about. If you've ever been pissed off while coming down from saliva you know how easy it is to freak out and start screaming at someone and you can't stop.

So this wasn't really a bad trip, but it was a horrible, painful experience. And I've never felt more anger than that. But the anger subsided as I came down... so it was all good.

I know this is an OLD post~ but I couldn't imagine having worse friends than this right here. lol

It helps me to realize the fear of being stuck in my high, or lost in my own head happens to everyone. Knowing that it's a common fear makes it easier to tell yourself it will be ok.
Crazy people don't sit around all day worrying that they're crazy.

First shroom trip, after about 2 hours the two of us split up because we were thinking "ah this isn't strong after all I'm going clubbing maan" and my friend wanted to go home.
As I sat in the train I knew something was wrong, the childrens faces were heavily morphing and their voices were pretty fucking scary. Colours started to switch rapidly, everything was changing colours leaving huge trails. At first I enjoyed it but soon I was sweating like a madman and knew I need to get out of there. When I tried to get out of the train somehow the button for opening the door always moved away / disappeared from my view, I almost missed the stop wich wouldv'e ment another 5 minutes in hell.
So I got out and another friend calls me who knew I was going to take mushrooms for the first time that day and asked me if I was okay. I just replied "no" and hung up.

So I was sitting there at this pretty empty trainstation, straight on the ground, people walking by asking me whats wrong "Nothing, just didn't have anything for breakfast today, stuff like this happens often to me". Colours were changing rapidly, sounds came from the left but the actually source came from the right etc. I thought to myself "Okay just close your eyes!" But when I closed my eyes it all just went worse because it was pretty rainbow in there too.
So I thought about my choices.

1. Going back to A's place as fast as possible, reuniting with him and talk about the stuff
2. Go home, being alone in the dark (it was nearly dark by the time). Definately NO I would have killed myself I guess
3. Going clubbing (WTF)

So I got the next train back (just 1 Station lol felt like eternity) and finally after about an hour I met up with my friend hugging for minutes telling each other that this was the worst mistake of our live. He had a similar hard time, minus the train.

Definately thought me a better approach at shrooms

The second time I did shrooms I did it with two friends who had never done them before. For some reason we decided to trip outside by the lake, which if the weather is nice makes sense, however it was about 15* and windy and we were inadequately bundled up. We stayed out for about four hours before I started coming down and realized we were too cold to walk the mile and a half home. I ended up calling my friend who picked us up huddling together near a bathroom.

On top of the one of my friends was tweaking balls, talking about being on the north pole and being in alternate dimensions. He was pretty much unresponsive and incomprehensible when he did talk. We just baby sat him because he didn't want to leave the beach.

Last may I had a bad run in with LSD in combination with 2C-D and ketamine. Anyways, long story short, I took three hits of quite strong LSD, 20 mgs of 2C-D, and many lines worth of ketamine.

Anyways, so here's what happened that made it so terrible...
My girlfriend, whom shall be known henceforth as my girlfriend, was with me during with ordeal. She had taken 1 hit of LSD, and just as much ketamine. We were with two friends, and they were in the room adjacent to ours. Anyways, so N and I had just retreated to our room to have have some sexy time. I was feeling pretty ketamine-y, and when I got off the bed to turn off the lights, I only succeeded so far as turning off the lights before I collapsed naked on the cold floor in the darkness. I was in a very strong k-hole state, and not fully in touch with reality. I was also in full on freak out mode over something, and it escalated into a full on psychedelic survival marathon. I literally felt like I was fighting entities for my sanity at some points of this experience. I felt like I was getting carried away in 'spectral nets', and I was constantly having to anchor myself in "this" reality to stay put.

At the most intense part of this bad trip, I had the distinct impression of confronting some sort of "entity" and HAVING to succeed in dealing with it. Which I somehow did. I was left with only vague sensations of what actually happened afterwards. To remember what the entity looked like now, I see a toss up of a big fiery furnace, and an angry lion or other giant feline species.

My girlfirend was witness to me freaking out the whole time, and I really freaked her out. The strangest thing though...after it was over and we talked about the whole trip, we felt as though I really dragged her own my bad trip, and she just mentally and emotionally witnessed things I was going through. It was really pretty crazy.

At one point when I was freaking out I called out to me friends in the room next to us to come and help, and as he was knocking on the door to come and help me I was like "you might not want to help me, I'm naked !" And then he didn't help me hahaha...

But yeah all in all it was a super intense LSD trip. The ketamine played a major role in making it out of control completely, but it felt strongly LSD dominated in it's character. I had a totally new view of what LSD was capable of after this night. I remember at one point my whole conscioness seemed sooooo fractalized...it was actaully terrifying to have my perceptions sooooo altered. But even though I went though HELL that night, I still remember saying I would definitely do LSD again..

I also learned that ketamine can serious FUCK YOU UP, and it demands much respect. I also did 2C-D, i'm sure that added some kind of....anyways, too much drugs all at once = maximum badness.

Luckily after I calmed down enough to get my shit togeher and put some pants on and get out of the room, my friends had a lorazepam I could take. Even after I had come down significantly I was having panic attacks that would not stop...but the benzos defintely saved the day that time.

I also tried doing like 10-12 grams of mushrooms and 25 mgs of aMT...I ended up having a downright freakout resulting in needing to be babysat by my girlfriend. Too many 'shrooms

I usually can`t have too difficult or bad of a trip but mine would be a very physically heavy and end of a binge trip.

I took 12 tabs of LSD on the 4th day of a summer festival, the first day i took 25 mg of 4-aco-dmt for my first time, and the next day 25 mg of 2C-I for my first time... then the day after 4 grams of mushrooms and around a gram of MDMA, THEN the fourth day I took those 12 tabs of LSD and just felt... incapacitated, my ego was in tact but I just felt sick, wasted, tired, hung over on everything else with tolerance and repair overdue. I just had to lay down in random places while my ex-girlfriend negligently dragged me from place to place while I just begged for rest.

People walking by with glow sticks or lights by that point just made me nauseous, I would close my eyes and see the imprints of them walking by on the back of my eyelids no matter what and I was just at my best trying to keep my head from spinning. The only weed I had was disgusting for some reason, it was yellowish and burnt like hay so that just added to my nausea instead of quelling it.

I didn`t trip so much as I got wasted on acid... it was because my neurotransmitters were stripped and bare and...well i`m just going to switch my strategy next year thats all I can say :).

First time eating a cube of acid and a hash brownie (very bad idea). Blacked out for an hour or so, I got up, stumbled outside and sat on a couch, friend turned to me and his face was blank, just skin without facial features. He started talking like all the words where jumbled up "It was be has become what just when if not go because" at that point I felt like something was incredibly fucked up I felt like it was impossible to "think" whenever I tried to make sense out of what was happening it was like my mind seized up and just froze. I lay back and closed my eyes, and this is where it got REALLY freaky. I opened my eyes and I was back inside again, I got up walked outside, friend turns to me and talks and it went around and around in a loop for ages, at least 10 times.

My worst experience ever was definitely on 17-21mg of 4-ho-mipt. The trip was lovely, until I felt it waning slightly and thought to smoke a spliff to keep the effects strong. I rolled and smoked it, decided I still wasn't high enough and proceeded to smoke a fat bowl. About a minute later something felt really really wrong and it gradually built up until I freaked out and was convinced that my heart had beat so hard that my ribs had cracked open. It was such a vivid concept that I screamed and threw off my top before realising that it was physically impossible and that I was fine. At this point I also noticed that the 4-ho-mipt was coming on strong again and I had just been in a lull of the effects, and I spent the next few hours convinced that something was seriously wrong with my body and that I would die.
That experience gave me crazy anxiety whenever I smoked weed for a few months after that, and only now, a year later, do I feel that I'm properly over it.

Apart from that I took about 25mg of 2c-e once and was having a rough comeup when we were walking to a house for a party. Once we got there we were waiting for them on some steps and I was feeling incredibly nauseous. We went inside and smoked a spliff of really potent bud and the 2c-e completely overwhlemed me, when my eyes were open there was just a massive swirling of colours which perpetuated when my eyes were closed. I vomited in these strangers bathroom, then announced I was tripping far to hard and had to walk home. At midnight, in the hail. The experience that followed was scary but amazing, I got lost down some streets and saw flashing lights everywhere which i was convinced were policemen. Because my scales were being erratic when I was dosing I was convinced that I'd taken far too much and had caused permanent damage etc. I called my boyfriend who was asleep at home to ask him to meet me at my house to like... keep my company. When he came over I was being very paranoid and made him weigh the powder like 4 times before I was convinced that I'd taken 25mg. Once I felt more relaxed he went to sleep in my bed and I proceeded to have a strange but lovely trip

before mephedrone was outlawed in the UK + ROI there used to be something called Red Eye in the headstores. i dunno what chemicals were in it, but i smoked a load of it, and 10 minutes later i was sitting in my mates couch freaking out. i could barely breathe, and i thought hands were choking me, and squeezing the blood from my veins. the hands were all over my body, but i could ony see the "imprints" left by them. there was flashing everywhere too. i realised i had to go for a walk or something, and as i got outside the flashing intensified and was followed by a beat, then for some reason i thought that if i didnt walk in time to the beat i would die. so i ended up walking all around town for almosy 2 hours before i came back to reality.

Last edited:
before mephedrone was outlawed in the UK + ROI there used to be something called Red Eye in the headstores. i dunno what chemicals were in it, but i smoked a load of it, and 10 minutes later i was sitting in my mates couch freaking out. i could barely breathe, and i thought hands were choking me, and squeezing the blood from my veins. the hands were all over my body, but i could ony see the "imprints" left by them. there was flashing everywhere too. i realised i had to go for a walk or something, and as i got outside the flashing intensified and was followed by a beat, then for some reason i thought that if i didnt walk in time to the beat i would die. so i ended up walking all around town for almosy 2 hours before i came back to reality.

That shit was good.Bonzai was also good.It wasnt like smoking weed though it was a phsycoactive kind of buzz.I bonged that shit before and went deaf.Nothing too scary though,but seriously potent smoke.Not a smoke to relax to,maybe a smoke to have a buzz with your friends..:D

That shit was good.Bonzai was also good.It wasnt like smoking weed though it was a phsycoactive kind of buzz.I bonged that shit before and went deaf.Nothing too scary though,but seriously potent smoke.Not a smoke to relax to,maybe a smoke to have a buzz with your friends..:D

true true. i smoked it after that and had a buzz like. i think the reason i freaked out the first time was cuz i was expecting it to be like weed or something. im kinda happy its not around anymore cuz it made me sooooo fucking dopey!!! but i kinda miss it still :p

I took about 3 realy strong acid tabs i usually take 1 and trip good it was just suppose to be me and a couple of friends at his house i was starting to peak and all the sudden people started to show up like 20 people i didnt know it spiraled me into hell i ran off to be by myself i was sitting on the computer chair just overwhelmed with terrible feelings and terrifying images of people i knew stretching from the corners of the room coming to center where i was and there faces would start to drip and melt towards me I Imagined wierd mechanical objects that were in my body and could feel them turning there gears inside me to make me move around after about 20 minutes of that or what seeming like 20 hours i went back outside and it was just my friends that i originally planned to trip with and i had the next 8 hours of complete bliss and wonder only trian wrek i have ever had from acid out of the hundreds of times ive done it but thank god it only last 20 minutes or so i was contemplating about suicide i realy was ready to hop into my car and drive myself to the hospital who knows what could of happened i could be sitting in prison right now for killing inocent people in a crash caused by this bad trip

Last edited:
First off I wanna say, how truly dangerous it is to drive, on psychedelic substances. DON'T DO IT! At the time of this story, I was a teenager who thought I was indestructible, and could do anything without consequence, but thankfully I never crashed. I will never drive under the influence again. The whole story is rather long, so I will shorten it, but this trip, this experience I will never forget, ever. I will say with honesty, I have never had a bad trip, in over 200 trips on various drugs, but this was the most difficult.

On a saturday afternoon, me and a few friends drove to a shitty part of town to obtain some blotter. These were, friends of a friend, and I had never seen them before in my life. From the door, I could tell they were tripping hard. We were there to buy a substantial amount, but every time I asked the guy how much for x amount of hits, his answer was, "free, free acid, free Mandela" and just gave me a hit then and there. I couldn't make this shit up. It seemed everyone I was with, wanted to take advantage of these guys, but I'm not like that. I through some money, on the coffee table, and walked out the door, with around a sheet in my pocket. I still got a good deal. Outside, it had started to snow a little bit, but nothing bad.

By the time I got back to my friends house, to cut em up and divide them, it was coming on strong. Among the group waiting for their hits, was a first timer i'll call him T. He was going through a turbulent time in his life, he caught his fiance cheating and she moved out with their kid. To make a long story short, T consumed 3 hits, against my advice and others, to keep up with me and some other more experienced friends. It just so happens, these were the strongest blotters I had ever had at that point. I tried to talk to him and keep him relaxed and positive, but the only answer I got from him was, I think i'm going insane. The snow was now starting to fall heavy, and everything was coated.

We all met at a parking lot, to decide what we were going to do. T had seemed a little better, but was quiet. T had his own house, and a pool table, so we agreed lets go there. Without saying a word T jumps in his truck, in a heavy snowstorm, peaking on 3 hits of strong blotter by himself and took off. We all were concerned, but all we could do was head to his house, he didn't have a cell phone. Also he lived, about a 20min drive away, in good weather.

I was with a sober friend, when I started that drive that I will never forget. I was driving a brand new subaru wrx, I had gotten it in the fall. My sober friend, had never driven stick shift, so I was not going to let him drive my new car in the snow. I was now peaking, during a snowstorm, with at least 3 inches of snow on the road. I have never in my life, had to focus myself like I did that night. This drive, was my epic mission. I saw nothing but and endless tunnel in front of me. All colors were gone, everything was either white, like the snow on the road, or grey like the sky.

Then, I saw the light at the end of the tunnel, I pulled onto his street and it was the biggest feeling of relief I have ever felt in my life, it was amazing. Just as I'm looking for a parking spot my phone rings, and I pick it up, and this is what I hear, frantically. Something happened to T, he flipped out, he's on the side of the rode somewhere, he flagged down a news paper truck and used their cell phone. We have to find him! We have to find him! Click. This absolutely blew my fucking mind, words cannot describe. This meant I had to drive all the way back, and it was still snowing hard as ever.

By the time I got back, they found him, and everything worked out ok. But this experience, this memory, for me, is impossible to forget. If anyone is interested I could tell you his side of it, but i'm tired of typing at the moment.:)

This is my worse experience.

Had a squatter at my home for a few months, should have only been a few days but I tend to be a pushover.

One night decided to take a couple potent doses with my brother, and it just so happen the squatter ( who tripped only once before on only 2 doses ) wanted to trip too. I reluctantly gave him two hits ( for free ) but he asked for me. He claimed that he wanted to get "really fucked up". I even more reluctantly gave him one more dose.

I was on 5 myself, my brother on 3. We sat around for a bit and watched Up! on the come up. Within 15 minutes the walls started to melt on me, my brother decided to take a shower really quick after the movie, he felt dirty for some reason. The squatter hadn't really shown much involvement in what was going on in the real world so instantly I was worried about something. He started to speak in looped segments, claiming that he found the answer to everything and that it didn't matter.

After a while he started to get frustrated, and the loops started turning into bits of rage and fury. He kept screaming FOREVER over and over, and claiming that it doesn't matter.

Fast forward an hour and myself and my two room mates are wrestling this kid to the ground because he grabbing sharp objects and trying to stab us. He eventually starts throwing punches and knocks out my room mates front teeth.

We wrestled for some time, tried duct taping him down once ( which is an AWFUL thing to do, but at the time we couldn't afford to have any cops knocking on our door asking questions ) but he had been naked by this point and sweating profusely from wrestling with us.

Eventually I had to put him in an arm lock behind his back and lay down with him, my legs wrapped around his, and my arms holding his back. I held him for three hours constantly telling that I love him, and that everything is going to be OK and he just needs to wake up and realize hes tripping.

We played calm music and after hours of constantly resisting and fighting him we knew he was awake when he looked up and asked why he was naked.

He didnt remember anything. His right hand was swollen the size of a softball from punching everything he could see.

We later found out he had a terrible opiate problem, and many many more demons. Luckily no one was killed or seriously hurt. The entire time I restrained this kid the walls were breathing heavier and melting more than I have ever experienced on any drug. Must have been the adrenaline from having a temporary psychopath in your home trying to stab you.

an unknown amount of 5-meo-amt sold as LSD. combined with 300mg of wellbutrin XL. 3 hr come up. Don't really feel like describing but skin was very pale. Vomited every 5 minutes, could barely keep fluids down. Vision was like liquid. Frames absent in my vision (tried watching TV, characters disappeared and words echoed and meshed together for at least 10 seconds a piece). Temperature 96.4 F. Took 3 hot showers and a hot bath to lower temperature. Spent in the fetal position to increase core temperature. Sense of touch was null... very traumatizing. Needless to say a lot of physical contact with vomit. Seemed like I was losing consciousness in puke the first time. I was very very cold..

I took 11 grams of some wicked mushroom caps. washed it down with skittles and it hit my like 10-15 minutes later. I was with my bud who did an eighth. So about half hour into the mushrooms i tripped out cuz i could tell the shrooms didnt even hit my buddy yet. I ditched off to home, snuck past my parents and headed to the washroom. I stared at the wall infront of the toilet for what seemed like forever that night. I finally left the washroom and only an hour had past :O I started freaking shit and had a panic attack... i thought time was frozen on me again.