Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Bad experiences microdosing LSD

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
Dear Bluelight Fam,

I have used two different methods to microdose LSD in amounts equivalent to 10 ug or less and the experiences have been generally negative and different than those described by Dr. James Fadiman and his followers. Let me explain. I have used the so called inaccurate method of eye-balling and cutting off 1/10th blotter paper and dosing that. Two weeks later I used volumetric dosing, placing single 100ug blotter square into dark test-tube of vodka and retrieving 3 days later to draw out 10ug or .10ml. Both times my mind was incredibly active, got really nauseously ill, got unproductive, was generally irritable towards others.
The above effects were so different to regular or macrodoses where my experiences of flow-states and connection to others would happen days and weeks later.
I’m surprised that Microdosing went so negatively for me.

Last edited:
yea too small of a dose just irritates me - also too frequently kinda does the same

so i know what you mean....

sounds like you're dosing too high

the people I know irl who claim personal substantial benefit from lsd microdosing all take doses that are completely sub-perceptual

Are you using any other drugs at the moment or medecins?

I have tried 0.6 ml = 60ug and it was completely sub-perceptual but found no effect. I may try that dose again, why one may ask… I don’t know.

I have tried 0.6 ml = 60ug and it was completely sub-perceptual but found no effect. I may try that dose again, why one may ask… I don’t know.
I was just gonna ask that. I've read of the benefits of medicinal ketamine for depression and macrodosing, but I'm not familiar with how much that is? are you supposed to feel the effects with a microdose? do you eventually increase it?

imo the microdose thing is way oversold with little to no real evidence for any kind of substantial positive effect. I think that boils down to the unpredictable nature of psychedelics. if they were a 1 + 1 = 2 kind of thing there wouldnt so much confusion.

shrooms go small acid go big.

if you take to much shrooms you get paranoid and scared

if you take a little its much like XTC but a bit more wholemeal

as for acid if you take a lot you blow the doors of perception and out you go.

if you take a little you feel the ergolide and most are vascular constrictors responsible for saint anthony's fire, its not that enjoyable.

the only way I found to continually dose acid is to build tolerance but then you can get HPPD quite easy if continued.

In my case I benefit a lot from 33ug doses, I see that dose perfectly functional (for like 90% of daily activities)

A threshold dose like that is like a life enhancer and like everything good about stimulants without the bad stuff. Also self limiting with the psychedelic tolerance. We shouldn't be doing Superman Days all too often anyway.

Microdosing seems a flawed concept, but mini-doses are great.

what is your body weight.

dosages are meaningless unless we know what were dosing.
I'm quite lightweight, around 60kgs.
In anycase I'm quite a hardhead for tryptamines but the opposite happens with lysergamides, I prefer to stay low, but for me 33ug feels better than 10 or 20ug.

I'm quite lightweight, around 60kgs.
In anycase I'm quite a hardhead for tryptamines but the opposite happens with lysergamides, I prefer to stay low, but for me 33ug feels better than 10 or 20ug.
62 kg's here lol.

2019 I was only 49 kg's dangerous. Should be 67 min really.

But holding no matter what just over 62, isn't too bad.

Yes 33 mics I like too.

The key is actually not to underdose,,,

62 kg's here lol.

2019 I was only 49 kg's dangerous. Should be 67 min really.

But holding no matter what just over 62, isn't too bad.

Yes 33 mics I like too.

The key is actually not to underdose,,,
It's like the best stimulant around, with a hint of LSD openness of mind, a bit of psychedelia also, but only in HD amounts and better colors.
One bad thing I noticed is that I feel sometimes a bit overconfident while on it..

least I have been is around 70kg 80 ish is my norm and 90 is the highest I have been (ami did it)

33ug at 60kg is a reasonable dose and not really microdosing :)

its half a trip for someone around 90kg person at 100ug :)

least I have been is around 70kg 80 ish is my norm and 90 is the highest I have been (ami did it)

33ug at 60kg is a reasonable dose and not really microdosing :)

its half a trip for someone around 90kg person at 100ug :)
No it isn't microdosing at above 21 ug maximum IMO but to me even 10 ug is perceptual yet the optimum microdose is considered as 13.

My favourite mini dose maybe is exactly 50 Micrograms.

It's not an underdose as it isn't a full leap where you fall short.

But what you say about body weight, like ug per kg, I never consider LSD this way, like a big bloke can soak up a bit more for example, I am not sure at all it works this way.

I have always thought of all drugs like this.

though as you say I could be wrong with acid.

I have always thought of all drugs like this.

though as you say I could be wrong with acid.
Hi. I keep an open mind.

However I also reason, commit all out towards abstaining absolute truth.

So with those words from you yes, generally it is the case.

Like exstacy for example. Petite females weller wasted same dose vs huge hubby.

And so on.

Except I do believe, LSD!

An exception to that rule.

I imagine there are other psychedelics to which the same principle applies too.

Maybe somebody else can chime in here, as I am no oracle dis jus wotithought enit lol

@JackARoe
@Xorkoth
@TripSitterNZ
@Ballz_Trippington

Would know off top of my head re the above, whoever ain't too too busy maybe.