• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Bad experience on mdma?

ruraltiger

Greenlighter
So last night I took probably around 200mg of MDMA orally. It was a group of 5 of us and everyone else had a pretty good time.

However, my experience was very strange compared to the other 3 times I've ever done it. I sat chatting to others for a good while and then felt a little something, a bit like coming up. It felt floaty and nice but nowhere near the usual euphoric state I get into. In contrast to the usual, very chatty state I get into, I was very withdrawn giving one word answers and just listening to everyone else. I took mine around an hour after everyone else so I'm guessing this next effect happened around an hour and a half after ingesting it as it was not too long before others' comedowns. It felt nothing like a comedown as it was nowhere near as significant or slow as usual. I suddenly bawled my eyes out for a good hour and started getting dark thoughts... I had hallucinations (like I usually do) but this time they included a scream mask charging at me a bit like a dementor, for example. There isn't really anything repressed in my mind that I could be upset about.

This morning most of the dark thoughts have gone but I still feel very low. Other than that I don't really feel anything that I would do the following day (I feel hungry, skin to skin contact which usually feels especially nice just feels normal to me).

I am very curious as to what this could be. I took it 2 and a half weeks ago so could it be that my serotonin hasn't sorted itself out yet? Another thought is that maybe I didn't take enough?

How long did you wait between experiences? Remember, tolerance builds up really quickly. It is advised to wait at least a month between rolls. Your serotonin should replenish within a week or so but the point is to make your body forget of the experience as much as possible. :)

When you say this was (tested) do you mean with a marquis reagent test kit?

In all honesty I'd say you took too much then. Things can get a little more freaky on higher doses of MDMA.

the same thing happend to me its because 1 either anxiety and you just didnt let go or 2. i think its because you roll'd 2 weeks ago you should wait atleast 1-2 months before every roll if you want to get that feeling without doing more mdma ;)

I've taken about 300-350mg before and been really good though...

All at once? Dropping anything above 150mg all at once can lead to sketchy feelings if the setting isn't right. Did you find the setting uncomfortable? Maybe a friend was giving bad vibes or something happened?

I didn't feel able to let go so this could have been responsible... Not that I didn't want to, I just couldn't. And I'm definitely comfortable with all of the people I was with, I've taken it with 3 out of 4 of the people before. And the 300 was a previous time and I was fine, last night just seemed such a surprise to me, I didn't realise it could have that effect on me.

I didn't feel able to let go so this could have been responsible... Not that I didn't want to, I just couldn't. And I'm definitely comfortable with all of the people I was with, I've taken it with 3 out of 4 of the people before. And the 300 was a previous time and I was fine, last night just seemed such a surprise to me, I didn't realise it could have that effect on me.

It is still a psychedelic and it can go wrong, despite being unlikely. Sounds like the problem was you didn't let go.