• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Bad comedown

lauren12k

Bluelighter
From my previous post you will see that I recently rolled. It's been 5 days after I last rolled and I'm still feeling very depressed and will randomly burst into tears throughout the day. I keep thinking about last friday and how happy I was and I feel I'll never be that happy again and I'll never make any strong connections with people again like I did that night. Every reminder of that night makes me feel very depressed. I've never experienced a comedown this long. Is there anything I can do to speed up the recovery?

Edit: I'm also having difficulty sleeping and concentrating and I have constant bad headaches.

Greetings lauren.

There are a number of remedies you can implement to insure yourself a sound recovery. Take note however, that it can take up to two months for your cognition to return to how it was. There are a number of factors that come into play when attempting to analyze a comedown and how long it might take for it to wear off.

Curious to know your experience level with mdma, how many times have you done it? dose you took last friday? where was it at? And anything else you think we should know.

Also.
You will be able to roll again as long as you take care of your body. I've recovered from a 3 day in a row xtc binge for a festival and rolled balls when I dosed the following year.

Right on. No one set remedy will make you better, you have to combo them appropriately. Let's get starts

Vitamins: start taking daily doses of vitamins, vitamins like B, C, D and calcium are given. Multivitamins are okay too.

5-HTP: its a supplement that makes your happy cells better again, do some research on this supplement. You can buy it fro your local drug store. I highly recommend this especially when recovering from the mdma blues. Once you buy it, take 1-2 supplements throughout the day, every day. Eventually decrease the dose and take one every other day.

Eating right: fruits, veggies, basic food groups, eating meat helps too, something light. Also, make yourself some raw juices with fruits and veggies, those will help.

Exercise daily: jogs etc.

Patience: it takes time. keep yourself busy with something to get your mind off the comedown. care for impulsive decision making.

There are other remedies you can implement but those are the ones that have worked for me in the past.

Thanks! Friday I took 2 pills which I think amounted to 250mg. Before that I have dosed about 3 or 4 times (in august and july) with just one pill at a time, around 125mg.

Okay sounds like you took a heavier dose this time around. I have a friend who dosed heavy one night and she wasn't able to sleep for about a week. I'd imagine a similar comedown if you rolled again in the near future. Take a long break if you can, something like 6months+

If you decide to roll again, remember my advice to get more bang for less comedown:

-take long breaks between rolls (I dose 1-2/year)

-test your product with a marquis reagent test kit to check if it's mdxx positive

-5-HTP preload, 3-6months+ before rolling (this will help a ton for rolling and recovering. it's like charging your brain up for the excretion of serotonin. if you go about this route you can roll harder/better per pill)

-Consider dosing differently, it's all up to you. Example: If you're taking one pill then dose it in halves within an hour, if you're taking two pills, dose one and then the other within an hour or so, what time exactly is up to you.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you probably should lay off the drugs. You and drugs just don't mix. You gotta stop this before something really bad happens. What is your current social situation? Are you in college and everyone is experimenting right now? It's gotta be something like that because you are jumping into the deep end head first despite having difficulties and bad times when taking pretty much every substance. I know you don't want to hear this, but you gotta stop, this is really not your thing. I also don't think you appreciate how dangerous this game of ours is. Goddamn, I'm going to get some negative reactions from all you, but since this is an HR forum... it needed to be said. I'm not judging, I'm warning.

^ It's been five days, I hardly think that's long enough to decide she should NEVER take ANY drug again.. let's not overreact here.

Five days is not long enough for serotonin to regenerate by any means, give it time. Worrying about it will only make things worse in the meantime.

I'm talking about all the other posts. No drug, not even weed, seems to agree with Lauren. Just trying to be honest. I think all this forcing might backfire. HR.

i agree with you benny. all you can do/say is what you know is right, not what you think someone wants you to say.

Benny is right for sure. I wrote this massive block of text on another thread of yours but Lauren like I'm seeing all your threads and all the evidence just says to me you really shouldn't be doing drugs.

Insanity is doing something over and over and not achieving a different result.

Stop taking MDMA what is even the point, your body is telling you to stop listen to it, i saw in another thread you were considering taking valium . forget that as well as that will end up being a much bigger problem then an MDMA come down.

Tbh you just come across as a Hypochondriac. have you ever actually had a good experience with drugs?

I did a g of MDMA the other year and had a god awful come down and brain zaps, i didnt come crying on Blue light about it though. I smoked some weed and got on with it

Last edited:
To the flamers: Chill the fuck out, that's some pretty harsh criticism for someone who doesn't do that much drugs. She spaced out her rolls just fine, a lot of people I know will start doing it every weekend right away, even if they have a history of mental illness. She is even on this website learning and asking for advice, that is more than I can say when I began my journey. She recognized that there were risks or she never would have come here. She has been responsibly experimenting with drugs, and is having a bad comedown which is completely understandable considering it takes a hell of a while for anyone's brain to recover from a single roll and she double dosed.

Lauren you probably love taking Mdma because of the euphoria and crazy strong connections. I'd say that if you want to continue to enjoy it in the future, I would never double dose again, stick to 100mg it doesn't seem like it fucked with you at that level. And because of this experience, I would take a break from the E for at least one year. A year isn't very long in the grand scheme of things, and it will ensure a full recovery. Obviously, a reagent testing kit is a must. If you want to roll with your friends before then, just remind yourself of how bad you felt after the last one and how you never want to go through this again.

To the flamers: Chill the fuck out, that's some pretty harsh criticism for someone who doesn't do that much drugs. She spaced out her rolls just fine, a lot of people I know will start doing it every weekend right away, even if they have a history of mental illness. She is even on this website learning and asking for advice, that is more than I can say when I began my journey. She recognized that there were risks or she never would have come here. She has been responsibly experimenting with drugs, and is having a bad comedown which is completely understandable considering it takes a hell of a while for anyone's brain to recover from a single roll and she double dosed.

Lauren you probably love taking Mdma because of the euphoria and crazy strong connections. I'd say that if you want to continue to enjoy it in the future, I would never double dose again, stick to 100mg it doesn't seem like it fucked with you at that level. And because of this experience, I would take a break from the E for at least one year. A year isn't very long in the grand scheme of things, and it will ensure a full recovery. Obviously, a reagent testing kit is a must. If you want to roll with your friends before then, just remind yourself of how bad you felt after the last one and how you never want to go through this again.
Did you already recovered?

Yes indeed. I was depressed for a year, after taking it roughly 30 times the prior year. I didn't really do anything, but mope around for that year and also I had suicidal thoughts. Life was just never going to be as fun as it was back in my raving days, but these days I am no longer depressed. I'm even happy now I'd say. Sure I'm not as socially open to others as I was on E, it's just not possible without the drugs, but I'm cool with who I am. I don't really go out anymore, been there done that so I am really introverted now. It wasn't too big a deal, I could get by without any medication or outside help. It was just sort of paying the piper for having such an awesome time, you know?

I am presently recovering from extreme cannabis abuse though, as I smoked 450 grams this year which has given me much worse side effects than a little raving out ever did. I have had to seek help for my addiction. At day 20, my life is a living hell. My life is one big panic attack, and it feels 100% physical. My body is literally screaming at me for the hardcore abuse I put it through, while living in denial and thinking it was "just weed" even though I spent a good 20 grand on the shit, and as fiending it like a crackhead all day, could never get enough. My brain is trying to convince me that my body requires weed, by making me feel like the quitting process is threatening to my life. I can honestly say I have never been through such misery in my life because of a fucking plant, I wish I never smoked and at this point I am seriously worried about long term effects.

You should start a blog man

Do like a diary of your recovery and how you are beating your addiction.

Man I'm already there, good advice though dude it's helping me immensely. I've been making video diaries sporadically - just whenever it becomes too much for me to bear, I talk to myself for a good half hour. I will consider posting them on youtube one day, if I am no longer involved in drugs, as I would be too paranoid to do that now. Relapse is always a possibility. Sometimes I'll wait 10 days, other times it's two. Just whenever I feel the need to let off some steam... looking back at the earliest videos is pretty funny, I am literally screaming at the camera at some points in anger and frustration. But now I just chill out and play my guitar and talk.

I'm definitely recovering. Even from such horrible, insane abuse as what I put myself through this year, in which my sporadic Mdma usage paled in comparison, it is possible to recover. I have good days, and bad days now. A few weeks ago, every day was an eternity of hell. But I'm really starting to enjoy life again, and I'm picking up a bunch of old hobbies that I had forgotten about. I feel pretty great in my mind. I'm just worried about my body. It's not letting me be sober yet unfortunately. I need to either take my meds, or have a few beers to calm my heart down or I feel like I am on the verge of death. I was an athlete running 10k's a few weeks ago when I was on the dope, I'm pretty sure my heart is fine. It's psychosomatic anxiety that is having its way with me and I just can't get over it yet. It really fucking sucks, but I learned my lesson. I just won't ever smoke weed again, it's not for me.

Anyways I do not mean to hijack this thread, but I am pretty sure the OP has absolutely nothing to worry about. Taking Mdma a handful of times, and having a bad comedown, is pretty normal and you'll definitely recover at the end of the day, unless you don't listen to your body and keep at it in the near future. I wouldn't be taking drugs, unless I was prepared to deal with the odd comedown.

Last edited:
The thing is the connections are not real, its just a drug end of. it wont change your life forever you're simply living in the moment on ecstasy and that's it. Once your back to sober reality comes back in.

I agree. I have essentially fallen in love with people while on Mdma, connecting deeply with people I had never met and just raving it up having the time of our life... and then the next day I wouldn't even like to talk to them, we just didn't vibe. So I don't really miss it now. It's just another thing that's not for me, as a slightly autistic introvert, but I'm glad I had the experience. I'm just kicking myself for smokin' all that dope. If I ever rolled again, I would do so only in the close company of my friends but to be honest I never would. It feels wonderful, magical even, but I feel like it just takes away from me and it's one night versus the rest of my life.

Also I don't like supporting drug dealers, that's another thing I don't vibe with. The high level hard drug dealers are usually armed and dangerous, and they regularly commit murders. These clandestine drug labs sure do not do our planet well, either - there has been massive deforestation in Cambodia to produce this drug, and I'm pretty sure there's nothing stopping the producers from chucking their chemical waste products out in the woods to avoid detection. There isn't really any EHS protocol in place. This drug, and its cutting agents, have caused a great many premature overdose deaths on this planet. Imagine losing your child to a pill, because raving exists. Personally, I'd prefer to stay away from the scene, even if I am aware of proper harm reduction methods - not everyone will be. The whole thing is like a weird sort of global psychosis, in my opinion, it is overall quite destructive even though therapeutic uses in controlled settings are certainly possible. So there are these negative impacts to be aware of. In my opinion it is best to avoid street drugs altogether and just do your own thing if you want to get high. Maybe I got so hooked on pot, because my source was spraying it with synthetic cannabinoids, or something even worse than that, to make it stronger and more addictive even though it was great weed on its own. How could I ever be sure that they weren't? And I consider my serotonin to be sacred and precious, why continue to fuck with it on that level after having a good round with it when I was younger and didn't know any better. Shrooms are what I vibe with best, and I am looking forward to eating a nice, big mushroom cap months/years down the road once I can truly say that I have beaten my addiction and have made a full recovery. I just find, that there is very little bullshit with the shrooms - for my being, and for my environment. At least when you are staying away from the commercial mushroom trade, I certainly do not believe they should be sold on the street to high schoolers or frequently used. That is easily avoided with the mushroom, as they occur naturally and there is very low addiction potential. There is no perfect consciousness expanding drug, but for myself that is the closest thing.

Last edited:
Yeah it can be life changing for some, people who suffer PTSD etc then it would be a great tool for therapy.

How ever, the drug is just a drug for the most us.

In other forums, when people ask questions about trying heroin or just trying heroin, the majority of the thread becomes about stopping while you can, about heroin is a terrible idea, etc. Well, the fact that the op's poly-drug use always turns negative, sometimes very negative, I think it's my duty to step in here. Poly-drug use, especially escalating this fast, with the outcomes like the OP's, is a recipe for disaster and this is an HR forum.

I've seen a lot of people get chewed up by drug use when they tried to 'force it,' for lack of a better term. I saw it a lot of in the first year of college, and though Lauren might not be there, I think she is doing something similar. Either way, at her age people start experimenting with drugs, a lot. It becomes one of the cool things to do. A lot of people really like them, but a lot of people really don't like them and move on. Every once in awhile you get someone who all their friends like 'em, but they do not.

I've never seen anything good come from people trying to like drugs when they don't. I know it's hard and I don't blame a lot of people who tend to do this. Peer pressure, even indirect, is very powerful at 18.

I saw so many kids move from one substance to the next and try most everything, hoping that the next drug they do is the one they'll like. They brave panic attacks, serious mental and physical issues, and even legal problems amongst many others, just to be associated with the drug culture. I've also seen so many kids compromise their own beliefs as well, and in the end of the day, that can be just as devastating.

It's sad to see when it is so glaringly obvious what the problem is. I'll take whatever heat people throw at me, but I'm sticking to my guns. Lauren, for the sake of HR, you should stop using before things get out of hand. Even if you don't you should at least slow down. I applaud you for seeking help on BL, but too many times your posts are about the issues AFTER you've partaken, not before. The times when it is before you usually get a fair amount of warnings that you don't heed. You wrote that you had a terrible comedown the first time you did MDMA, then someone told you it would only get worse the more you do, now you're surprised you are having such a negative reaction? These negative reactions are really serious too. Some of the weird feelings you talk about, like not being able to separate out reality, the inability to control your emotions, your super anxiety, and the physical side effects you report is a really big deal (http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/696315-Weird-feelings-thoughts) I'm not belittling you, and if it sounds like that, I apologize. I'm just trying to point out the obvious warning signs that you should look for.

I know you just started college and want to fit in, but don't succumb to this indirect peer pressure. You're too old for that. The adverse effects from using are potentially fatal. Don't let drugs ruin college for you.
Drugs are not a game. When you first start, they're so fun, and people have yet to do serious damage to themselves. Sure there are a few people who've done stupid things, and there are stories going around, but shit gets real when you start to see what drug use becomes. When you start to see the dark side of stuff, you'll start to understand more. The stuff you're dealing with, and most likely the stuff you've seen, is nothing compared to what can happen. To use a metaphor: You don't like the water and you're diving into the deep end headfirst, even though you can barely swim.

Please don't be mad. I'm trying to help you. So far you've experienced some serious mental and physical side-effects and you just started with the drugs. Think about the consequences of what you're doing. This is literally a deadly game you're playing... and based on what I read, the only logical HR tips is for you to slow the f@%* down. My only other HR tip for you if you're still going to use is to stop taking such big doses. They aren't huge and I know all your friends are taking the doses you talk about, but you're not your friends. You obviously are very sensitive and you are new to this stuff.

Last edited: