European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

B9's Quaint Olde Tea Shoppe vs. Pass the scones

Do you not like tea?

• Total voters
It warmed my stony heart to see the tea shoppe thread reappear - I'd like three slices of hot buttered toast - one with black cherry conserve the other two slathered in butter only thanks & a steaming mug of tea served with a bright cheery smile thanks :)

B9, if we have a meet up and you come, will you promise to bring your tea expertise to the party?

I'm not sure I have tea expertise if I'm honest - what limited knowledge & skill I may have in this area I will of course share on an as needed basis :)

Got some choccy Horlicks yesterday & it was great last night when it was fuckin' freezing. Apparently it reached -20'C in Gosforth (part of Newcastle) so I'd hate to think what it would have been like in the highlands of Scotland

^ I wouldn't think about it all if you're so afraid of the cold ina place where you aren't at - god forbid I mention antarctica - you may have a panic attack

Choccy Horlicks?!? 8o<38o

Surely such a sublime thing is just too good to exist? Will keep a glazed eye out for that :)

In the meantime a pleasing infusion of

NSFW:
TwiningsLadyGrey_low.jpg

only less pretty and in a tea bag is being supped and succoured :)

It's Lady Grey, incidentally. Call me a big ol' girlyponce if needs be but was in the reduced bit and is surprisingly good tea nonetheless.

PS: Blimey! That pic is a lot bigger than expected :D

^ Never tried lady grey - how would that compare to Earl Grey or are there no real similarities?

Choccy Horlicks?!?

Surely such a sublime thing is just too good to exist? Will keep a glazed eye out for that

Tescos if there's one nearby (& they haven't sold out - I got the last jr at my local Tescos :) :)

In fact I'm going to have another one now!

You just can't get the service these days eh...Tis the deep mid-winter great artic EADD depression you know? 8o

Until teas, chocohorlicks (oh my oh my %)<3:D) and hot buttered anything can be served on a cold platter of neglect, watch this while you wait =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQqqvzTfol0

I am addicted to this and so want to speak Japanese :|

:)

just in case you're lost - it's that way <

mediumcontrol_teatoast_003.jpg

Haha thanks <3

Just seen a post by me ex on Facebook extolling the joys of jasmine tea and I got some for Christmas so figured I'd give it a go. It smells absolutely wonderful while it's brewing and tastes even better than that when it's done <3 She says the leaves taste better second time round too so now I'm even happier. Yay for new teas :) Cheered me up a bit has this.

Fucking religious nutters :!

Woman jailed for 'worshipping tea pot'

By Thomas Bell, South East Asia Correspondent
Published: 6:40PM GMT 04 Mar 2008

A sharia court in Malaysia jailed a woman for joining a "tea-pot worshipping" cult.

Bulldozers tear down giant religious teapot
How About That: Weird news from around the world
Screen Break: Best viral videos and games on the internet
Kamariah Ali, a 57 year old former teacher, was arrested in 2005 when the government of the Muslim majority country demolished the two storey high sacred tea pot and other infrastructure of the "heretical" Sky Kingdom cult.

Related Articles
British woman on trial in Dubai for adultery
Torture woman has baby with man she met in prison
Steven Berkoff discovers Spain's double act
Woman faces jail for biting off boyfriend's tongue during kiss
Marnie Pearce: Dubai adultery case woman goes into hiding
For the eccentric sect, which emphasised ecumenical dialogue between religions, the tea pot symbolized the purity of water and "love pouring from heaven".

But in Malaysia, despite constitutional guarantees of freedom of worship, born Muslims such as Mrs Ali are forbidden from converting to other religions.

Passing sentence, the Sharia judge Mohammed Abdullah said: "The court is not convinced that the accused has repented and is willing to abandon any teachings contrary to Islam. I pray God will open the doors of your heart, Kamariah."

Mrs Ali has already been jailed once for apostasy, for 20 months in 1992.

"This has to stop. They can’t be sending her again and again to prison for this," her lawyer, Sa'adiah Din, told reporters.

"She informed the court that she is not a Muslim. She doesn't come under Sharia court anymore."

The case underlines the dissatisfaction of non-Muslim Malaysians, who make up just under half the population, ahead of the country’s most contentious election in a generation this Saturday.

Yet analysts say gerrymandering, vote buying, press censorship and a virtual ban on opposition rallies make the government unbeatable. Last year 31,000 people over 100 years old were found on the electoral register. They were alleged "phantom voters", who have helped keep the ruling coalition in power since independence 50 years ago.

PC overkill for school's internet newsletter
Crufts bets close after 'super dog' threat
The population is divided between Hindus of Indian origin, Christian and Buddhist ethnic Chinese and a narrow majority of ethnic Malays who are legally deemed Muslim by birth and whose interests the government is sworn to protect
. :|

I like to pack em big*...
NSFW:
tea001.jpg

but I'm on holiday being Mr Mum..
tea002.jpg

Hello Kitty, because that's how I roll bitches

tea003.jpg

*Buddha's Tears

Oh Busty you are turning me on here big style - dangerous stuff in the tea shoppe %)...Hello kitty mug gets' 100% brownie points from me, but I smell a woman behind the mugs of style and taste =D:p<3

Not enough tea is being consumed - this is critical 8o

Due to the very bad influence of certain Bler's 8) I'm slowly discovering non-teas :\ Have a cup of chamomile and spice apple tea on the go :! the transition off the real caffeinated tea bush gear onto this stuff is heavy going for me...but I'm getting there gals :D

Tis quite nice <3

OMG 8o I've been outted! :!

Green tea is sinful...snolly is the peddler of tea sin =D Worship at the pots of Assam and cannatea people %)

Mwahaha =D Also considering cannabis tea, use it making chai I guess would be the way.

Spiced apple and chamomile sounds lovely btw Kate, got chamomile and honey myself which is pretty nice on occasion.

^ Never tried lady grey - how would that compare to Earl Grey or are there no real similarities?

Pretty different, I'd say. Mostly orange (peel, I think) as a flavouring with a bit of lemon too - not so heavy on the perfumey bergamot as Earl Grey. Good stuff, albeit a bit girly perhaps.

Wiki's interpretation.

Suits your tastes then :D don't think I've ever drank tea that was classified as "girly" I'd love to sample some

Well, it's named after a girl who was the daughter of William Ponsonby, 1st Baron Ponsonby of Imokilly and I'd think Ladygirl + Ponsonby + delicate citrus scented (well, flavoured but they do insist on calling it scented) tea = probably a bit girly. Great for comedowns and the like :)

Publicise a list of "girly" teas as recommended by entheogenius

All of 'em other than Yorkshire and mushroom probably. You'd have to ask entheogenius though - Shambles wouldn't know ;)

Lapsang Souchong is quite manly too in a smokyfishy kinda way.