• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Awkward Acid Moments Youve had

Back in the mid 80's a childhood friend and I did some blotter in the a.m. during the summer. After coming up we decided to ride our bikes to the bank to get some cash and then to hang ou in various a/c stores and watch the plasic faced people go by.
I remember jiggling the door on the bank and it was locked at like 11 am. I am starting to peak. I look around and there are 10 or more cop cars, cops everywhere, police tape around the front of the bank. I was inside the police tape with cops screaming at me, my friend is 50 yards away watching so I try to analyze the situation. Utter some unintelligible words, hop on my bike and ride as fast as I can.
My friend and I meet back up, lay down somewhere in the shade and spend the rest of our trip laughing about what had just happened.
Those cops must've thought I was a real dumbass.
Turns out the bank had been robbed at like 10am that morning.

Funny shit.

last time I got totally de-faced on acid, was at a festival and was really diggin the music (I LOVE grateful dead music) and I decided to smoke some DMT as i was peaking on the doses. I had eaten a lot... It was free.

Right after I took several good tokes on the DMT, which was on some really heady green, reality dissolved into a bright light, I lost track of where, when, who, and what I was. The music was everything, and "everything was everything" all my senses became one.

I wandered around the rest of the night, lost as could be, couldnt recognize the people that I had met many times before.

For instance, I was looking at everyone that i encountered, full of love for them, but I felt they were thinking I was eyeballing them with lust, and every girl I saw thought I was a pervert, and every dude I saw thought I was a faggot... So I began to question my OWN sexual orientation, after hearing people think i was a homo, and in so questioning, became totally disgusted by myself and my capacity to think bad thoughts.

It was one awkward moment after another, I could barely speak english.

I started believing that i was bringing everyone elses trip down with my negative thinking, even though all negative thoughts existed in my mind with parallel positive thoughts simultaneously.

So I went to the nitrous tent and blew about 60 bucks, the sun came up and I went back to my campsite. I sat there for a bit, and one of my oldest friends came walking by, and gave me a joint. Everything went right after that.

filenet said:
going around to every table at work's christmas dinner asking if anybody had found a little bag with some important things in them!

then starting to really freak out as I was sure that I really had dropped my baggie of acid on the ground and the boss had picked it up!

then started to crawl under the tables looking for it - REALLY FREAKING OUT NOW!!!

Mumbling to myself while I try to retrace my steps, trying to avoid my boss who i KNEW HAD MY ACID!!!!

GIVE ME BACK MY ACID BOSS DUDE!!!!!

then checking my back pocket to find the little baggie of acid - exactly where I put it!

that was a nice way to waste 30mins of potential free drinking time!

lol, at first I thought you were tripping AT the party, looking for the acid you lost. Now that would have been awkward. Not to mention potentially job-ending.

My friend was making faces in the semi dark where I couldn't see him once. He was making noises with his mouth, like clacking and squishing ( we were pretty high on LSA ) As i stared into these glow in the dark stars on his ceiling i was struck with the thought he was chewing his hand off. I jumped up and yanked the light on while yelling "dont eat your hand dont hurt yourself!" or something to that affect. it took him a minute to assure me that he was only making faces. lol.

Then i felt really akward.
good times

jumping out of a friends ute at a traffic light, candyflipping, walking through the traffic wearing a hotel bath robe and holding a book 'the who's who of star trek'

ok so this first story is shrooms.
i was camping in this badass cave with my friends god and jebus, gods girlfriend at the time persephone and my girlfriend at the time aphrodite(seriously all of their nicknames haha mine is satan, me god and jebus had had the names for a long time and everyone that joined our like group for a while got a nickname of some random deity, dont ask) i was 16, aphrodite was 17, god jebus and persephone were all 20 at the time, so were all chilling around the campfire we had built next to the creek that runs through the cave and comes from a waterfall like 50 feet from us, theres a hole in the top of the cave above us where all the smoke is going and me jebus god and persephone are all on shrooms, aphrodite hadnt been feeling good and opted out, i look up and for some reason think theres like ninjas or elite spys or something about to jump down and kill us all so i freak out and im like running out from under the hole and trying to protect aphrodite whos completely sober from nothing haha and then i see a rabbit in front of me as im running through the cave with my flash light and monty python style it has fangs and shit so i freak out again and run back under the hole (i saw the rabbit and turned around after like 20 feet haha) i get back by the fire and im still freaking out but i look up and reassure my self that nothing going to kill us while everyone else tries to get me to calm down, i finally calm down and try to explain what i thought was happening, everyone just laughed at me and the rest of the night was really awkward for me but everyone else had a really good night and apparently my insanity just made it funnier haha

now this story was the only time i did LSD, i havent had money at a time when anyone i knew had it since then, it was about 6 months after the shroom story and i got some from a dealer friend and since it was my first time i was going to do it alone in my room while my parents were home (my policy with most drugs, my parents never bother me and are mostly cool about drugs and such so this way i can figure out what the effect will be without scaring the shit out of other people or being alone with no way to get help if i have a bad trip or something) so i ate the 2 tabs i had and started watching modern marvels, about 4 hours in i start to really feel it and i put in the wizard of oz, im trippin balls and just watchin the movie and then when dorothy throws the water on the witch i kinda freak out with paranoia and i look up at my ceiling cuz our roof leaked a little and i thought the water would melt me or something (i do have paranoia so combine that with paranoia from lsd and anything can freak me out) but when i look up at the ceiling theres a giant mouth and it like moves toward me and i think my ceiling is gonna eat me so i grab what i thought was my sword(again dont ask haha) and i start slashing and stabbing my ceiling and then run and hide in my closet for i think about a half hour, i come out and the mouth in my ceiling is gone and its just all wavy and swirly colors and such so i put in the neverending story (badass movie on any drug, or sober for that matter) and after its over i go to sleep and when i wake up i realize theres black marker all over my ceiling and i realize that i had grabbed a sharpie not my sword, this was mostly awkward for about a three weeks afterward when friends would come over for the first time since i did the acid and ask "why the hell is there random marker all over your ceiling??" and i proceed to explain "well see i thought my ceiling was gonna eat me...." haha

Putingrad said:
I find the entire LSD experience often to be an exercise in awkwardness. Not in any particularly negative sense, just the alienness/bizarre qualities of tripping.

lsd.jpg
This isn't a picture I would show someone who hasn't taken LSD, but I like it a lot.

Coming up on 3 hits of really good acid, I had hit the bong pretty hard right after I took them, which might not have been such a good idea in terms of helping with anxiety and having a clear head before tripping and all. There were a bunch of people I'd never met before hanging around the house in the next room which freaked me out. I was coming up fast and sort of freaking out, trying to talk to my friend but it was fucking hard to do. I was spewing out complete nonsense about Sesame Street characters or just a lot of random free associated shit, finally I found the words to say something like "dude.. this is important. come outside for a cigarette. i need to get out of this place. very important, very important." hah
oh and before that when I was just starting to feel the acid, earlier my friend was on the phone with his mom. I was in the same room having a side conversation with two other people and asked them, way too loudly, "so did you guys drop acid as well?" or something along those lines. hah well my friend's mom heard, which was pretty awkward and embarassing for a moment for me.

Age 17, talking to my parents about applying to college, 2 "hits", post peak.
I was convinced that I looked like a fumbling idiot, soon to be exposed for being high as hell. I navigated the conversation just fine, it turns out.

^^

Ahahaha, meeting people for the first time while you're tripping is the best. They'll probably always see you as that guy (or gal). :D

psychedelicate said:
jumping out of a friends ute at a traffic light, candyflipping, walking through the traffic wearing a hotel bath robe and holding a book 'the who's who of star trek'

lol! absolute jokes!

EDITED- MUCH BETTER!
So heres my story: I'm 16 at the time. My best friend robbed a house. He swears I snitched on him. We lost touch for three months. I went to his house for the first time we hang out since the incident. I drop one tab of strong, rolling stones blotter.

Bad Idea already, It just gets worse from there. I'm trying to act as cool as possible, when I start to hear a weird wisping air going through my ears. I immediately stand up, and start freaking out. I walk in and out of the kitchen. I start sweating, moaning. My buddy breaks out a bag of white powder. I do fat line of cocaine. Paranoia peaks, everyones looking at me.

I hate this situation. Awkward silence, I'm left alone with my ex best friends cousins. I'm acting like a retard at this point. Silent, my ego is preventing me from talking. They inform me that we'll be leaving, to go to a party a town over. NO! NO! NO! NO! I am NOT going to a party with kids that hate me. Where I won't know anyone BUT kids that hate me, WHILE tripping my head off on acid my 2nd time.

Mom picks me up. :| I can't hide it. I blurt out: "MOM, I'm on lsd. Its a psychedelic drug, blah blah blah"
She gets pissed at me. Getting yelled at while peaking on acid is a terrifying situation friends. She takes me to the grocery store. I can't go inside... I'm too preoccupied with whats going on around me. I walked around the parking lot tripping balls, making noises, laughing uncontrollably, & observing people, for over an hour. Weirdest trip of my life to date.

I get home, take another tab, chill in my room for the rest of the night. Came out once to watch some tv with my mom. The fact that she knew I was on acid was comforting, yet odd. Ate a whole baked Cornish Hen. I felt like an animal, ripping apart at a carcass. It was beautiful after that. I sat in my room with music on, watching my ceiling veins pulsate.

WEIRD trip, at first. But it ended very well.

Last edited:
I was tripping balls the other day,
asked someone for a cigg.
They said they only had a few left.
Me not quite thinking says
"Can you make an exception, I'm on acid."
He gave me one.
The next day that I saw him I felt so weird because It didnt occur until then that I had told a semi stranger I was on drugs.

Then We ended up waiting for our ride at the same time.
Awkward definitely.
Not as crazy as some of you guy's stories but yeah

Filkins said:
"Can you make an exception, I'm on acid."

=D thats great man! I wouldn't have felt awkward, I bet dude was laughing inside when you asked. Pure honesty.. and you got a cig ;)

It was just awkward when I ran into him again.
Not many in my school are big on psych's, let alone drugs

I was inside a small room at a music festival listening to the late-night band. I was at hour 7 on my acid trip and had taken molly maybe two hours earlier, had some shots of jack daniels too. I was very altered. For some reason I thought that only me and one other guy, a total stranger, were "conscious," and everyone else was just lost in their heads as usual. It was unmistakable... I was alive to the present moment, enlightened, and when I arose to that level I found that one other person happened to be on that plane. Even though there was a band playing ten feet in front of me, the room seemed totally silent and still, with a bunch of sleeping people and two that had awakened.

Eventually I couldn't stand it anymore and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned and I was like, um, I don't know how to explain this really but I feel like we're connected! Like we're the only two people here that are awake!

He looked at me completely confused and I was shocked that he had no idea wtf I was talking about. So I just said "man I'm tripping balls talking out of my ass right now don't worry about it."

Still don't know if that whole scenario was even real, I was fucked. I'm like 80 percent sure it happened.

I just remembered an awkward acid moment I had at a doof a few years ago...
It was morning and I went up to my friend (who's also my dealer), and we'd only just started to get to know each other so I tried to make conversation...bad idea! We were both tripping really hard and we basically were having 2 completely different conversations with each other! i.e. he was talking about having something for breakfast, and I was talking about someone I had met earlier that night...
Then we both realised we weren't actually conversing, we were just talking at each other =D
Not really that embarrassing but it was certainly awkward haha.

Ahhh I just thought of a few others but they're about the same as that one ^

Awkward acid conversations!! =D

I was at a psytrance party a couple months ago and ran into this guy I'd met earlier that day. (He told me he didn't do drugs anymore because he took 30 hits of acid once and never felt the same -- I don't know if that's true, but read on and decide for yourself.) We said hello, and he started looking to my left and arguing with some invisible person. He then looked at me and said something like, "I have to get going, you know" as if I'd been keeping him there.

Way awkward on acid, MDMA, and a bunch of Ketamine.