• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Awesome CYP-450 Chart!

im still not entirely clear, i know its lame and pedantic, but if someone could explain in simpler terms...

substrate = ?

inhibitor = ?

inducer = ?

sonic, i understand what youre saying for the most part, but then some drugs are both inhibitors and inducers on different receptors for the same substrate. whats with that? how can it do both? and how would using a drug combo that inhibits one receptor but induces another feel? would they cancel each other out?

sorry if i seem stupid, this really interests me but its a bit over my head so to speak...

I cant read the document,it jst a bunh of crazy symbols!!some1 help me please!!any hep is VERY appreciated!!
-Rye

Surf, first of all you have to open it in Adobe Acrobat to read it, that might be why you are seeing symbols.

Once you get it going, in your case you are looking for alprazolam in the first column. Then you will see inducers and inhibitors - that is referring to metabolism. So under the "inducer" column, those substances speed up the metabolism of xanax and get it out of your body quicker. The inhibitors slow it down and keep it in your system for longer.

I got the entire document on Microsoft Word...
Should I post it for the people who cant read it on Acrobat? or would that take up too much space on the forum?

I was just curious,what do the names in italics mean??also, i noticed that lorazepam isnt listed in the charts.Im having a hell of a time finding inhibitors for lorazepam!anyone know of any?and not just drugs that synergize with it(i.e. alchohol,weed).i mean true inhibitrs. i know Valproate is one of them, but is nearly impossible to find.any help is much appreciated!
peace-Rye

firsty said:
I got the entire document on Microsoft Word...
Should I post it for the people who cant read it on Acrobat? or would that take up too much space on the forum?

Yeah you can post an attachment as long as its under 97.7 KB

Surf, since lorazepam is in the same class as clonazepam, alprazolam and diazepam they would share the same inhibitors in the CYP3A4 chart. And the italics mean:

In the table that follows italics denote those substrates, inhibitors, and inducers that have been involved in a drug interaction of
clinical relevance using the criteria established in several drug interaction references such as Hansten PD, Horn JR.

Whatever that means ... I think it means that those are the drugs that have been tested for the chart and the others are grouped simply by similarity.

ooh, i didnt catch that. thanks for the input man!ill have to try taking some cimetidine about an hour before my morning dose of lorazepam.hopefully ill get some decent potentiation!
peace-Rye

I couldn't find lorazepam on the cyp450 chart, though diazepam is listed under CYP1A2. Is lorazepam broken down by the same enzyme, or different?

Don't inhibit with codeine

When codeine is ingested it must first be converted into morphine inside the body before it has any "positive effects"...For the conversion to take place the CYP-450 enzyme must be present so inhibiting it would lead to lower conversion and thus lower "positive effects"...I would assume this also holds true for Poppy tea since the solubility of morphine in water is low and codeine is very soluble it would be safe to assume the tea is mostly codeine unless a form of calcium is added.

Wow, that's a pretty nice piece of info. Thanks

So basically it's like Substrate = What you're taking
Inhibitor = What slows down what you took from being metabolised
and Inducer = What kicks it in harder
with the exception of prodrugs... and those in italics are the ones that work better than those not italicized. Pretty straight-forward to me (that is unless I'm way off on that)
Nickatina said:
I couldn't find lorazepam on the cyp450 chart, though diazepam is listed under CYP1A2. Is lorazepam broken down by the same enzyme, or different?

I was also wondering if all the benzo's could fall under diazepam???

Last edited:
lorazepam is not broken down by liver enzymes, but by kidneys glucoconjugation i think..

DCBAe said:
lorazepam is not broken down by liver enzymes, but by kidneys glucoconjugation i think..

Damn if that is true I have wasted way too much on tagamet lol

I mirrored it here:

tinyload

and

ShareOnAll

It's been a while since I posted here, so if the mirrors/links are not appreciated, my bad, sorry Mods.

Just wanted to make sure it would be around.

I decided to turn this into a poster. Here it is for anyone who wants to do the same or have a relatively okay looking print-out.

funkee said:
I decided to turn this into a poster. Here it is for anyone who wants to do the same or have a relatively okay looking print-out.

thanks so much man, thats awesome. looks great.

So what does ranitidine do anything for opiates. I haven't be able to find much other conflicting reports on BL. I don't think it will but i am worried it might actually make u get less high off CWE than without.