• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Awesome CYP-450 Chart!

oh yea, also take a xany and not take my provigil would also benefit I guess.

1776 said:
citalopram is an inhibitor of citalopram?

It's only a weak inhibitor, plus citalopram is also (strongly) metabolised through cyp3a4 (uninhibited by citalopram) plus citalopram has a high bioavailability - 80% if wikipedia is to be believed.

...and I would say that for the most part, it is...

Although, I've ran across some pharmacokinetic info. that was a little off base, but all-in-all, I've found it to be a pretty accurate resource, for general inquiries...:\

i know ill probably come up short. But anyone care to explain how to use this chart efficiently?

Do i look at the substrate and find a inhibitor in the same CYP group? or am i way off base here?

So, theoretically, if taking morphine orally, which has a typically horrible oral bioavailability (30%) because of first-pass metabolism, but while taking sertraline (Zoloft), a potent CYP2D6 inhibitor, this bioavailability can increase?

Just wondering. Thanks

Hmmm according to this cannibinoids are inhibited by sertaline.

would this have anything to do with a difference in the high when i took zoloft and when i stopped. i specifically mean i far less enjoy it now, almost makes me uncomfortable!

clamjuice said:
Hmmm according to this cannibinoids are inhibited by sertaline.

would this have anything to do with a difference in the high when i took zoloft and when i stopped. i specifically mean i far less enjoy it now, almost makes me uncomfortable!

When i used to take zoloft, smoking just made me very uncomfortable and didnt give me much effect at all. it was a big waste

how do i apply this to heroin?

So you take an inhibiter from the 2nd colum, preferably one in italics, and then take one of the drugs from the 1st collum and you get a more intense high or higher longer? I'm speciificly wanting to kn ow how to potentiate heroin and klonopin.. Would I substitue morphine or oxycodone for heroin since I don't see diactetylmorphine on the list?

Last edited:
how much would ranitidine potentiate oxycodone, and how much longer, or shorter would the oxycodone last

From what I understand, ranitidine was created as an improvement over cimetidine, so as to not affect CYP-450.

splenda said:
So, theoretically, if taking morphine orally, which has a typically horrible oral bioavailability (30%) because of first-pass metabolism, but while taking sertraline (Zoloft), a potent CYP2D6 inhibitor, this bioavailability can increase?

Just wondering. Thanks

Even though this has been added at the top of OD as a sticky, there are still questions popping up so, to answer the above:

It could increase its oral bioavailability, but this really has to do more with increasing length of action of a substrate. But, I haven't tried this particular one...
Theoretically, it could indeed work, and I wouldn't be surprised if it did increase morphine's oral bioavailability somewhat...

Unfortunately the chart is just for pharmaceuticals, however H is just metabolized into morphine, so you can just use the morphine data on the chart..

so the first column is what you take initially? the second is what causes slower metabolism right?

sorry guys :)

^ Yeah, but allow me to elaborate. The first column lists drugs that are metabolized by different enzymes. The second column lists drugs that inhibit (slow down) the metabolization of drugs that are metabolized by different enzymes, and the 3rd column lists drugs that induce (speed up) the metabolization of drugs metabolized by different enzymes. In most cases, taking an enzyme inhibitor can increase the duration of a given drug, with the exception of "pro-drugs." Pro-drugs are drugs that need to be metabolized by your liver into something else before they can become psychoactive. An example of a pro-drug is codeine. It needs to be metabolized into morphine via CYP2D6 before it can be psychoactive. Another partial pro-drug is tramadol. The M1 metabolite of tramadol (Ortho-desmethyl-tramadol) has the highest binding affinity for mu opioid receptors. Taking an enzyme inducer can actually potentiate pro-drugs.