• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Avoiding dependence with Adderall/Dexadrine and Ritalin/Concerta

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the question has been answered.

I would utfse to learn more. That?s why we have one.

Last edited:
The correct answer has been answered.

please UTSFE. thanks. Mgmt.

I don't know abbreviations well lol.

Looks like you said "Use the fucking search engine lol" and Not sure what "mgmt" stands for.

Well I still don't know if Vyvanese is hard on the liver or if they make ones that last 4 hours or they only last 12, so they haven't been answered here.

If they have been answered elsewhere, I am not sure I have time for a search since I need to go to bed soon.

A quick response to those would be nice.

You got one. You should ask your physician if you do not understand.

Last edited:
Well, from a quick search it looks like Vyvanse always last 12 hours, but I can find that out when I talk to my doc.

Couldn't quickly find out if it's hard on the liver, and no one ever answered that, so I'll also have to talk to the doc.

Looks like people are getting sick of my endless questions lol.

I never fail to annoy even myself.

I'll have figured something out by tomorrow.

Peace.

Well, from a quick search it looks like Vyvanse always last 12 hours, but I can find that out when I talk to my doc.

Couldn't quickly find out if it's hard on the liver, and no one ever answered that, so I'll also have to talk to the doc.

Looks like people are getting sick of my endless questions lol.

I never fail to annoy even myself.

I'll have figured something out by tomorrow.

Peace.

That?s better.

It is more natural. Your body actually breaks it down in a more natural way.

It works better the heather you are. The lysine is good for your body. It kicks in naturally IMO.

It feels healthier and abuse is a complete waste of time.

That was all IMO from personal experience.

Hope that helps.

That?s better.

It is more natural. Your body actually breaks it down in a more natural way.

It works better the heather you are. The lysine is good for your body. It kicks in naturally IMO.

It feels healthier and abuse is a complete waste of time.

That was all IMO from personal experience.

Hope that helps.

It does.

I just might choose it over the shorter release and be wise not to take it on days I do martial arts cause I tend to doubt it is safe to do intense activity on it.

I could ask your opinion on that too lol, but I wont, I'll ask the doctor tomorrow.

Sounds safe, and I love the idea of saving the medication by having it last longer and not having to keep popping pills.

Perhaps wanting not to take it on days I train, and wanting to train some days, will lead to even further moderation out of concern of training under the influence and hence skipping it altogether.

Take care.

No, not all prodrugs are hard on the liver. In fact I'd say the vast majority clearly aren't.

But vyvanse doesn't affect your liver anyway, as the cleavage is done by your red blood cells, not your hepatic enzymes.

(I have no idea what "the body breaks it down in a more natural way" is supposed to mean, though. Enzymes produced by the human liver are every bit as natural as those produced by human erythrocytes).

Anyway, vyvanse is not truly "extended release", but it still lasts longer than regular amphetamine because the conversion happens at a relatively slow rate (it takes 1-2 hours to even feel the first effects), leading to a more gradual come-up (and, consequently, a less harsh come-down).

No, not all prodrugs are hard on the liver. In fact I'd say the vast majority clearly aren't.

But vyvanse doesn't affect your liver anyway, as the cleavage is done by your red blood cells, not your hepatic enzymes.

(I have no idea what "the body breaks it down in a more natural way" is supposed to mean, though. Enzymes produced by the human liver are every bit as natural as those produced by human erythrocytes).

Anyway, vyvanse is not truly "extended release", but it still lasts longer than regular amphetamine because the conversion happens at a relatively slow rate (it takes 1-2 hours to even feel the first effects), leading to a more gradual come-up (and, consequently, a less harsh come-down).

Thank you for explaining why it is Naturally rate limited by your body which makes it last longer. That is a simplified answer.

Re: Safety of amphetamines during training: D-amphetamine seems to cause less peripheral side-effects than other stims. When you consider how many people work out on freaking ephedrine+caffeine stacks or DMAA, a medicinal dose of d-amphetamine seems rather "gentle".

I guess it is possible that someone always exerting themselves to the limit even in a perfectly sober state might over-exert themselves the first time they train on vyvanse, because the stimulation is so smooth (as opposed to the "amped up" feeling that occompanies most stimulants) that you do not consciously notice how much the drug is suppressing feelings of exhaustion.

Anyway, another thing to remember is that doses for vyvanse are much higher than for adderall/dexedrine, because you have to account for the weight of the lysine part of the lisdexamphetamine molecule. Basically, 70mg of vyvanse is equivalent to 30 mg of dexedrine, or 30-40mg of adderall (it is impossible to give an exact conversion factor for adderall as it is a mix of different stereoisomers, and some people get more out of l-amphetamine than others).

Status
Not open for further replies.