• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

⫸STICKY⫷ Australian Opiate Withdrawal Maintainance Medication Prescribers

Its so easy to get on bupe.
People are getting it for rikodeine and codeine.. I mean come on... thats like being addicted to milk

I know heroin users that were oing 8balls a day and got off a bad heroin addiction with Lyrica then about a week of Subbies.

Soon they will crack down on the program and everyone will have to go back to methadone.

There is posters in a melbourne suburb hopital which handles bupe scripts about how Hep C can be treated? How true is this? Does anybody know?

Its so easy to get on bupe.
I know heroin users that were oing 8balls a day and got off a bad heroin addiction with Lyrica then about a week of Subbies.

Does anyone know anything about Lyrica and opiate/opioid withdrawl? How does it work to help alleviate the symptoms? What dose would be appropriate (im on 80mg methadone daily)?

^GABA work man... Lyrica is great for alleviating w/d symptoms - also great to get high on!

It works a lot like a long acting GHB analogue, but without the nasty side effect profile/withdrawal that g analogues seem to have.

lyrica great to get high on? ugghhh, no thanks. good for neuropathic pain but no fun for me.

u tried a high dose? 900mg ish? its fun as

lol

you call being so groggy you are basically passed out and dropping shit/walking into walls fun? Zero euphoria what so ever, I can only imagine it being fun if you are a G addict or an alcoholic

man i got euphoria... my body felt a mad buzz... then had a sick sleep... other guys agree...

man i got euphoria... my body felt a mad buzz... then had a sick sleep... other guys agree...

Yeah, I've been taking lyrica for neuropathic pain since march/april 2006 and the odd couple times I had the huge dose of around 900mg. Definitely LOVED the euphoria, walking around + falling over was fun as for a bit, then had a good sleep, no hang over effect. I still take lyrica daily cause I vividly remember how bad neuropathic pain in in my brachial plexus injury (right hand shoulder) felt, no thankies to wanting lightning bolts + being electrocuted at same time feeling thanks. :!

There is posters in a melbourne suburb hopital which handles bupe scripts about how Hep C can be treated? How true is this? Does anybody know?
You can definitely get treatment for hep C. It's 6-12 months of pegylated interferon (weekly subcutaneous injection) + ribaviron (daily tablet).

Hi all, After 15 years trying to get off done and trying subetex a couple of times, I just spent a year inside for cooking and got off it all. Been out for a year and got a physical Oxy habit again. Kicking myself.

I really want to nip it in the but, and won't go back to methadone, no way. I got hold of a couple of sheets of suboxone that I'm hoping to use to detox over a few weeks.

But I would rather find a private prescriber and spend a little while on suboxone to get back on feet. Does anyone know any private subscribers in Newcastle, NSW area.

I'm working and studying, so 3 months at a clinic is not an option. I'm hoping that a private doc will let me go to chemist once or twice a week pretty quickly.

Any suggestions.

Only have a small habit this time, 1 - 2 80mg oxys a day. But with a good 15 years on opiates and methadone and only a short break, my body really struggles without it

Just wanted to add, I havn't used opiates for fun for a long time.

I just need them to function. Thats the problem with long term addiction.

I know you young guys won't listen, but please, get out before it gets to hard. If you can use very socially and not get addiction, fine. But not many , if any can. Sure people can for a while, but it gets you in the end.

I'm not trying to be a kill joy, I just wish I had understood how hard every day would get for me. Sure I cope pretty well, but it's hard work, and I'm constantly scared of dry periods. I can't cook anymore cause I'm not going back to jail, and I won't rought people. So I have to work hard, and never have any money left over. If anyone is getting worse slowly, it's easier to get out earlier than later.

But I would rather find a private prescriber and spend a little while on suboxone to get back on feet. Does anyone know any private subscribers in Newcastle, NSW area.

I'm working and studying, so 3 months at a clinic is not an option. I'm hoping that a private doc will let me go to chemist once or twice a week pretty quickly.

Call your local drug and alcohol hotline, they can usually put you in touch with someone.

Usually it is 2-4 months before they will let you get multiple takeaways a week. Took me 4 months I think and now I get 5 takeaways a week and even though I am only on 0.8mg a day they won't give me more.

Just wanted to add, I havn't used opiates for fun for a long time.

I just need them to function. Thats the problem with long term addiction.

I know you young guys won't listen, but please, get out before it gets to hard. If you can use very socially and not get addiction, fine. But not many , if any can. Sure people can for a while, but it gets you in the end.

Know this all too well

newy - check out the original post and proceeding couple of pages; i'm sure there's some numbers to NSW hotlines to help you out. there's also websites which have information on getting help as well as providing helpine hotlines for 24 hr support if need be as well.

best of luck:)

wait, here, from the initial post.
Eastern Drug and Alcohol Services - VIC/NSW

Otherwise, contact DirectLine - 1800888236

In NSW call ADIS 1800 422 599.

Leftwing - those numbers you cite are for Victoria - EDAS is in Melb eastern subs

ah so you're right ayjay. i just copy and pasted from the OP, so if Mr Ibis see's this maybe he'd like to edit the OP to just clrify it's a Vic link only (the one i linked to) and not NSW as well.

thanks for pointing that out.