[AUS] Ecstasy research - EDRS (formerly PDI) 2005

I tryed calling today and Maria doesn't appear too keen on answering her phone (i don't really wanna leave a message), anyone know if they still need volunteers for Sydney or am i wasting my time trying to get through?

Last edited:
Completed a survey in Melbourne today.
I must say, Beck, the girlie who interviewed me is quite the hottie, and a very laid back and cool chick.

From memory, Melbourne has only had 30 odd people thus far, with bookings made well into next week (at a current rate of about 4 people per day).

There's still time to contribute to the study folks :)

I did the melbourne one today too with my guy. !! was really good! Some of my friends dont wanna go & i find that so ignorant & stupid! I mean its to benefit us!!

dabb...

I tryed the other day calling Maria again and same thing. I've given up calling now cos so many times and no answer and I'm not comfortable leaving a name & number...

I'm going to try to e-mai herl again and see if an appointment can be make that way.

best of luck with it...

^^ About 3 weeks ago Maria surveyed me.... I tried a few attempts to reach her directly via the phone number but after a while I gave up and left my number on the machine. Come to think of it, I didn't even leave a name, but that was just an unintentional oversight rather than deliberate ultracaution. She called back within a day and we organised things from there.

There is nothing to worry about as far as leaving your name is concerned. You need only leave your first name, or a pseudonym, or don't even leave your name on her machine and just leave a phone number, she'll call you back. NDARC surveys are conducted under guidance and monitoring from the UNSW Human Research Ethics Committee, and any personal information that NDARC collects about you is subject to strict confidentiality laws. Tell Maria about your concerns if you want to know more.

She was very busy around the time that I saw her, as she was running around Sydney catching up with people to conduct the interview. That is probably why she is rarely in to take calls. She also told me that she has conducted about 50 Sydney interviews so far (3 weeks ago), so it would be great if more people from sydneytown could volunteer.

It was a laid-back, comfortable interview, and it'll be interesting to see what the results reveal Australia-wide.

I called today planning to leave my name and number and got straight through, i'm booked in to do it so they must still need people.

Booked in today... As far as I know Melbourne is still looking for people to survey...

Just out of interest, how often are they expecting you to be using MDMA? I got a phone call from the woman, who politely told me that I wasn't really in the scope they were looking for.

Still, I'm happier with responsible moderate use than $30 bucks anyway.

I'm going to have to call up tomorrow!
Anyone know if this is still happening in Adl?
$30 for me and $30 for the gf, can't complain about that in the slightest!

Hey, I just went for an interview yesterday. It all went well and I got my $30 as promssed.
If it's any help, I had said that I'd taken ecstasy 6 times in the last 6 months.

That reminds me, I heard of someone who said they were planning to make up their answers just to get the $30. Obviously this misses the point entirely and I know nobody here would even consider it.

That reminds me, I heard of someone who said they were planning to make up their answers just to get the $30. Obviously this misses the point entirely and I know nobody here would even consider it.

Ugh, I hate that. 8)
My boyfriend also said to the girl who interviewed him that lots of people will probabaly only be coming in for their $30. That shits me up, come on....People!!

Mean Girl said:
Just out of interest, how often are they expecting you to be using MDMA?

The minimum is 6 times in the last six months, when i asked the interviewer directly after she told me to tell my friends bout the survey she didn't answer me, rather she said she really didn't want fake responses (i was asking so i knew which friends to tell, not to try and scam). Clearly after the interview she wasn't giving my intelligence much credit because i could just tell my friends to give the same number i did if they were that desperate for $30, likewise people here have already given numbers scammers could use so i don't see a problem posting this.

Last edited:
I did mine last weekend in Brisbane - Shelley was very friendly and I felt completely comfortable, and I got $20, yay. Took about 45min.

I'm pretty sure you just need to have used it once a month over the last 6 months at least. Brisbane is still looking for participants - don't be afraid people! You get a chance to have your say on your opinion of drugs!

Spoke to Maria today and booked in for Monday.

They are still looking for more people in Sydney, so if you're able to do it, give them a call :)

I participated in the melbourne survey was great - and i even got money for munchies and 2 hours off work :) $30 p/h rox :p

dabb said:
The minimum is 6 times in the last six months, when i asked the interviewer directly after she told me to tell my friends bout the survey she didn't answer me, rather she said she really didn't want fake responses (i was asking so i knew which friends to tell, not to try and scam). Clearly after the interview she wasn't giving my intelligence much credit because i could just tell my friends to give the same number i did if they were that desperate for $30, likewise people here have already given numbers scammers could use so i don't see a problem posting this.

I actually said 6 times since January, but that wasn't enough...? Is there purposeful differences from state to state?

^I'm not sure if you're asking me but i was told the minimum was 6 times in the last 6 months, nothing was said about that being a state specific number it was however just an offhand comment so i have no idea sorry.

just had my session with maria, friendly & straight forward.