Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Aus DD - Forum Direction and Suggestions 2011

Jakeperson

Bluelighter
There has been a lack of worthwhile discussion all across the board lately. Haven't any one noticed that members that have been here for years have abandoned BL, this place is slowly degrading. I will remain but at the moment AusDD doesn't look like it will have a future.

As I said in another thread. Hell, most of the moderators are barely posting and some lack a lot of knowledge (not all) about all drugs.

I'm hoping this will be constructive criticism. What are we going to do to fix AusDD?

some lack a lot of knowledge (not all) about all drugs

Well there's only four of us and I can guarantee the Psilo, Mr Blonde and d_m know more about drugs than most people posting here, and certainly more than me so I'll take it that comment was aimed at myself. If you have any personal issues with anything I've posted or advice I've given feel free to pm me? It's never my intent to post anything misleading or erroneous so I'm always happy to be corrected.

You have to remember we're just volunteers and have real life commitements too. It's our job to keep the forum clean and organised, not to force members to engage in interesting and worthwhile discourse. We're always open to feedback as to how to improve the place. There will also be at least one mod spot up for grabs in the next couple of months too so feel free to apply if you're really that keen to step up and get involved in managing the forum?

We've asked for input and suggestions before and been met with a wall of silence...

Edit: changed the thread title slightly

Last edited:
As I said in another thread. Hell, most of the moderators are barely posting and some lack a lot of knowledge (not all) about all drugs.

I guess everyone has an opinion. My differs totally to this one tho.

Psilo, Mr Blonde, d_m & belarki all seem to post as far as i've seen and all seem very knowledgable, thanks to them the place stays clean of trolls and shit posts.

There still seems to be alot of posts and threads going so i can't complain. Maybe you miss some old timers and their posts and knowledge and thats fine, but things change and people move on.

Last edited:
I have to say that I don't agree either, but I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks. AusDD doesn't seem that much different from when I joined; just different posters.

^ well it's changed a lot since the 2000-2005 period. I certainly miss some of the old timers like phase dancer, cowboy mac and big trancer. As poledriver said though, times change, people move on :)

I wish all the members that left because of this issue were here to back me up. I'm not going to give up.

I have no problem with you Belarki, you do your job well and have never seen you post anything misleading, it just seems you lack a bit of knowledge on RCs (experience wise, I could be wrong) and I feel they are an important part of the drug community these days.

It's our job to keep the forum clean and organised, not to force members to engage in interesting and worthwhile discourse. We're always open to feedback as to how to improve the place.

I know that's your main job but forcing members to engage in interesting and worthwhile subjects will bring a lot more people to the forum, maybe a few people back and would increase traffic here.

Other than that I don't have really have many ideas on how to improve it. Maybe, separating it a bit where we can have more in-depth discussions on some threads and other threads to be a little but lighter.

I may apply for the Mod position as I pretty much spend all day every day on BL. (The lack of traffic here has made me resort to reading all the other forums, which has turned out to be great). Unlike every one else I dont really have real life commitments, drugs are my life and BL is a huge part of it.

No offense to D_M and Psilo as I consider them both good friends and I have learnt a lot from them and in my early stages of BL I even idolised him, I think he'd tell me that's stupid but he is a great person. And D_M has been there for me through a lot of times and is very wise. I should probably include Footscrazy in this too, I haven't talked to her as much but from what I know she is a wonderful person. (The big HOWEVER) I have not seen many posts from these three lately, which leaves the place lacking a lot of knowledgeable advice, although this could be due to reduced traffic.

Last but not least, on the subject of missing people, I miss Nanobrain and Hyroller. :(

Can't say i agree much. Things change, people move on and have lives. Still alot of people post here, and i see alot of active users when i drop in sometimes.

Yes I know people move on and have lives but I know some that did that purely because of the degrading condition on here. There are a lot of active users but most don't post.

Lots of posts isn't necessarily a good thing, a lot end up being deleted or are just a bunch of bullshit, trolls have been a bit of a problem lately.

I would be very happy to work with the Mod team, even not as a mod to try and help improve here, like I said BL is a huge part of my life and I will continue to let it be so, so moving forwards and making a better environment is one of my goals.

Another thing too, while I'm at it, is the treatment of newbs. A lot of them are met with unfriendliness which doesn't help with attracting new members.

I have to say that I don't agree either, but I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks. AusDD doesn't seem that much different from when I joined; just different posters.

When I joined I would have to go through countless threads to find everything, these days it's more like 2-3 threads with new posts that attract my interest.

I know that's your main job but forcing members to engage in interesting and worthwhile subjects will bring a lot more people to the forum, maybe a few people back and would increase traffic here.

Other than that I don't have really have many ideas on how to improve it.

I'm glad you enjoy your Bluelight experience, but you aren't really providing any new ideas with regard to improving the forum.

Members come and go as they always have and will continue to.
In now way is it the mods role to force anyone to discuss particular topics, I'm not sure how this is really possible anyway.
Discussion can be encouraged, which as far I see see is generally the case.

Nano posted somewhat recently and I got excited but he disappeared shortly after.

I have to agree with you that there has been a great degradation in the quality of discussion and posting not only in AusDD but also in many of the other parts of the site.

I'm glad you enjoy your Bluelight experience, but you aren't really providing any new ideas with regard to improving the forum.

Members come and go as they always have and will continue to.
In now way is it the mods role to force anyone to discuss particular topics, I'm not sure how this is really possible anyway.
Discussion can be encouraged, which as far I see see is generally the case.

I'm sorry but I don't really have any ideas.

I'm not saying force the mods but get rid of the repetitive shit, re-organise the forum and have more threads with intelligent discussion.

Personally I don't have a problem with most of the threads and posts on here, though I haven't been around that long (I had a different account before this) so I can't compare to these glory days people speak of ;)

There are usually enough threads to interest me, and when there aren't I visit other parts of bl. I think it's worth discussing since some people see it as an issue. Not really sure what can be done about it though - seems more like a problem with the general community rather than the mods?

The main problem for me is that the people who agree have already left BL because of these issues, leaving us as a minority.

I can think of many people who have left for exactly this reason.

all i'm seeing is the old "ausdd is getting shit, everyones's leaving" cry that's being regurgitated every couple of months it seems now.

why not pick up the slack and start being the informer instead of just whinging about it?

people go through posting phases, it's only natural. for every person that leaves there's always someone around the corner to replace them.

Thats the thing, there isn't enough people replacing them. People make a few posts and leave. We need something to attract people and keep them here.

I try my best to be an informer.

Maybe the mods should take into consideration the fact that people are complaining, it obviously means that something isn't working.

I'm looking forward to reading more constructive criticism than complaints.

Thats the thing, there isn't enough people replacing them. People make a few posts and leave. We need something to attract people and keep them here.

I try my best to be an informer.

Maybe the mods should take into consideration the fact that people are complaining, it obviously means that something isn't working.

I'm looking forward to reading more constructive criticism than complaints.

My idea is to have more information based threads, FAQ threads and some more relaxed ones (not to the point of Oh im so high, kinda talk) but more relaxed discussion on certain threads.

The cigarette discussion thread is a great example of a more relaxed one. Then we could separate serious drug discussion from the rest.

Kinda like AdvancedDD vs BasicDD but for Aus.

The social thread was really good (if we can keep people from saying the oh im so high crap). And I know mods have said in defense that people can just go to Aus Social, however they won't allow just drug based threads and it is a completely different environment to here.

I'm just trying to help but in the end it's the Mods job to make this forum as enjoyable and informative as possible. I'd like to hear some of their ideas, rather than just rebutting what people say. I love BL but the only reason I havent moved to another forum is from being convinced by other BLers.