• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ativan / butalbitol / alcohol combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeenArrested4Pot

Bluelighter
My friends and I are experimenting with a few various prescription pills.

Three of us have ingested 5 Fioricets (butalbital, APAP, caffiene). We have also ingested 5 mg of lorazepam (ativan) apiece. We took a few shots of vodka and plan to consume more alcohol later.

We had a few questions that would clear up some harm reduction issues..

Our main question is would it be foolish to add more alcohol to the mix? Our current state of mind and mild benzo tolerances indicate we should be fine so long as we take it nice and slow. We already know benzos /alcohol is risky but being experienced in this field the real issue is the the interaction between butalbitol, ativan, AND alcohol...

Anyone with some experience in these drugs, not necessarily this specific combos, opinions and thoughts are more than welcome. Thanks -Triz

That's fucking retarded.

You should start making out your will right now, there's a good chance you won't live until tommorow.

butalbital + any depressant = a really, really good way to die.

You've already gone far and above what I would guess would cause death.

Start writing!

so in the sake of harm reduction would you say take it easy on the alcohol? The three of us feel relatively fine and dont feel on the verge of death quite yet.. at least it sure is taking a while to kick in... the three of us have mild tolerances to benzos and to alcohol and use this combo frequently. its dangerous yes but we get away with it alot no problem...

does the butalbitol make this combination especially lethal?? We will be taking it extremely slow now that we have heard some responses...

Considering Dr. Hamilton is writing our wills we're kinda nervous haha but we'll see what happens.

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it if it weren't for the butalbital.

It's about fucking time I get an honorary degree!

barbituates combined with alcohol were notorious for causing overdose deaths back when barbituates were routinely prescribed. also, tolerance to barbituate induced respiratory depression develops more slowly than tolerance to their intoxicating effects, you can overdose on barbituates alone simply by trying to get high on them.

ok so considering we have only consumed a few shots, are we still at a serious risk of death?? We are feeling minimal effects on this cocktail and feel comfortable...

we're afraid to add any more alcohol to the mix but the butalbitol was kiddy drug Fioricet... we're not too worried and taking it extremely slow.. sry for repetitiveness but thanks for all the input guys, esp Dr Ham

so we all did ok minus some vomiting.... anyway we got through it just fine and had the time of our lives.... never had so much fun nearly dying... anyway be safe out there i dont condone this combo but damn peace to my homies -Triz

Yeah. like that, but without the fame and fortune, without your face plastered all over TV and the papers for a month, without a co-starring role in what will likely be the highest-grossing movie if all time, without any of the accolades.

Just you lying there, dead. Not very cool, huh? (It could happen. It has happened before, and it will happen again.)

Ham-milton said:
It's about fucking time I get an honorary degree!
I'll do you if you'll do me. ;)

i did a similar combo with 8 fierocets, 5 mg of ativan, half a bottle (~4 oz) of phenergan and codeine, and smoke some really potent bud,

the phenergan was a mistake, i was going nodding out hard from being so tired, almost felt like i was getting into a permanent sleep mode, fucking scary,

stopped fucking around with fierocets after that, and stopped mixing large doses of benzos with opiates. butalbitol has such a long halflife that it keeps your system depressed longer and longer, fucking scary,

i almost called 911 it was getting so bad. wrote the chemicals i took on myself and got prepared to call, but i stayed awake, had a cup of strong french press coffee, and made it through. very very foolish of me. kinda drove me to stay sober for a month after that, re-evaluate things.

I have a friend who takes fiorocets for migraines. She also takes a daily dose of Klonopin (at at therapeutic dosage). She regularly mixes the two when she has migraines and she's been fine.

I am in no way suggesting that this is a safe combo for others to try, but my question is, is this combo more or less safe if she's taking therapeutic doses, ie. 1 fioricet and her daily low dose of Klonopin? I'm not talking about getting high here.

drunkedness plus nembutal iz 1 thing but i think people r laying it on a little think about a combo with fioricet.wat about fioricet with codeine pills that haz more than 1 relaxant,and if sum1 on it had 1 beer they wouldnt croak.

artaxerxes said:
I have a friend who takes fiorocets for migraines. She also takes a daily dose of Klonopin (at at therapeutic dosage). She regularly mixes the two when she has migraines and she's been fine.

I am in no way suggesting that this is a safe combo for others to try, but my question is, is this combo more or less safe if she's taking therapeutic doses, ie. 1 fioricet and her daily low dose of Klonopin? I'm not talking about getting high here.

low doses are fine, in the therapeutic range. its when you push the boundaries you run into problems, i've had those prescribed to me before for the same thing, and took them as directed and didnt feel like i was going to die. even in higher doses i felt fine, but the situation in my last post was getting close to croaking over, was scary. because it was benzo + barb + opiate. felt fucking great, but shallowish breathing is scary.

obviously you already did it but the fioricet plus alcohol = the sickest I have ever been and it wasn't a lot either, maybe 3 pills and 1 or 2 drinks.

Barbs plus more or less anything=potential suicide, actually no, highly probable suicide, come to think of it.

Longer acting barbs in particular have been responsible for a hell of a lot of deaths.

^I don't see how its any worse than mixing lots of benzos with alcohol or opiates. Plus this combo was fucking fun, it was even more fun when the BL 'experts' assured bluelight we were gonna die NO MATTER WHAT. We followed along laughing as each expert said their pompous good byes. BUT... All 3 of us survived without a scratch. Guess I'm just stronger and more enlightened then HEath LOL

thats a big time mistake you made by mixing all those depressants...i hope you are here to read my post and nothing bads happened to you after what you did. Butalbital (fioricet) being mixed with even just alcohol by itself can cause respiratory depression as it is(due to the fact it is a barbiturate)..plus mixing 5mg of ativan with it..ouch..i remember when i was 16 years old i took 6 fiorocets (butalbital) and had about 5 beers...lets just say i ended up pissing all over my girlfriends bathroom walls and did not remember the night and had to be babysat and brought home...now i dont know how much butalbital exactly and alcohol you consumed, but you may be in for some toruble with just that..oh yeah and the ativan..be careful dude.

artaxerxes said:

i feel the main concern with the fioricet is the whole fact of mixing alcohol..but low doses of benzodiazepines with it shouldnt be that big of a deal....i dunno there is just something evil about alcohol that makes things soo much more worse

Status
Not open for further replies.