• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

At Dinner With an Undercover Narcotics Detective

Cpt.Caveman said:
I can't remember how the conversation got this way but I ended up saying to him "it sounds like you need to find yourself a dealer".

As soon as I said this his face went serious and he snapped "ARE YOU A DEALER?!". The way he said it was like he was trying to be descrete but couldn't hold back.

Gee, or he could have just been the club/venue owner, or the group promoter, or someone connected to club security. I'm not sure that suggesting to strangers that they "need to find a dealer" is the smartest idea.

Something I've noticed over 2 or so years of clubs, raves and the drug scene in general - many people are convinced that undercovers are stupid and unwilling to change their minds.

I think it gives them a sense of security - pointing out a badly dressed sore thumb standing alone and saying "that's an undercover", because if you know who the undercovers are you're not in danger of being caught by them, clearly.

:\

Nexus One said:

"George Bush says 'we are losing the war on drugs'. Well you know what that implies? There's a war going on, and people on drugs are winning it! Aaaaaa hahahah! Well what does that tell you about drugs?"

LOL, im gonna use that one

I've said it before, and I'll stay it again...you cant pick an undercover!

If you think they're stupid and give themselves away, then you're stupid!

...Although I do recall a very, very funny incident at an infamous Melbourne recovery venue.

Two well built blokes were standing at the bar, tops off, clearly enjoying their morning. One of them puts his wallet down on the bar, and doesn't notice that its flipped open...clearly showing his badge.

For a good couple of minutes the word quickly spread around the room, and everyone had a bit of a giggle (after they'd shat themselves!), until finally one of Melbourne's most renowned drag queens strolled up, and in his delightlfully deep, gravelly voice declared "excuse me sonny, but I think your badge is showing".

The two blokes looked at each other, looked to the bar, and as their fake tan turned a very pale white, they ran out the door, to hysterical laughter.

The moral of the story...there's no way in a month of Sunday's that you'd have picked them as undercovers.

The funny thing is I still see them out a lot, and have had numerous conversations with them (they laugh about that day now) but there's no way in hell you'd ever pick them.

Ok so what happens when Police have to bust a huge Heroin importing sindicate in which the officers have to continually 'shoot up' in order to gain trust amongst the leaders. Sounds like a load of crap, what happens when the officers get hooked on Heroin, then what , The Tax payer is also going to have to pay for them to get off thier addiction not to mention the social and family implications their addication is going to have on everyone. I believe this to be bullshit. Also the fact that there is the possibility of the chance of getting diseases through needles etc. Do u think the person administering the drugs is going to worry about giving them a needle that is disease free, they couldnt give a fuck, so when the undercover gets aids, what are they going to do then? Sue? There are other ways of busting dealers.

how many people who buy heroin at the top of the food chain (which is where 'busting a huge heroin syndicate' would have to be done Id assume) do you think are actually users? i doubt the cops would have to even touch the shit once theyre posing as a big time dealer. maybe im wrong but i cant see any long time junkies getting to that status where theyd be able to even know about huge syndicates or importers. or at least the junkies i know could never do it *shrugs*

and i sure know that if i was a big time dealer, not just a street pusher, im tlaking about Kilos, i wouldnt be touching any junkies with a ten foot pole! too unreliable...

sonic_reality said:
the cops aren't that bad!! as said before, they are just doing their job. just like telemarketers and debt collectors are just doing their job.
And they can all get fucked as far as I'm concerned ;)

Besides, do you think the nazis in the Nuremberg trials should have got off because 'they were just doing their jobs'?
If you devote your life to occupationally pissing people off, and even ruining peoples lives, just because you get paid for it doesn't make you any less of an asshole.
It makes you more of one IMO.

Nexus One said:
^^^ And the cop has become the very thing he was trying to bust. It's pathetic.

"George Bush says 'we are losing the war on drugs'. Well you know what that implies? There's a war going on, and people on drugs are winning it! Aaaaaa hahahah! Well what does that tell you about drugs?"
Credit where credit is due, the late Bill Hicks R.I.P.

Some police enforce the law rather harshly, although sometimes its quite obvious where they are coming from.

Cop finds a dead heroin user on a deserted street.
Cop finds a boy buying heroin off a sleezy fuck on the next street.

Cop attends a six car multiple fatality on the highway.
Five minutes later he catches a youth going 145km in a 100 zone.

etc

bent, i really like that story. it just goes to show - confirm what everyone else is saying.

Here's that Bill Hicks quote in full version:
"I got nothing against drugs, I got NOTHING against drugs, I think it's a personal choice just like alcohol, just like cigarettes. As long as that personal choice doesn't infringe upon the freedoms of another person's personal choice really that's the end of the story, that's called logic, it'll help you."
"George Bush says we're losing the war on drugs. You know what that implies? There a war being fought, and people on drugs are winnin it. What does THAT tell ya about drugs? Some smart creative people on that side: they're winnin' a war, and they're fucked up! A lot of you don’t even know you’re fighting do you? You’re sitting there saying “Fuck I’m watching Saturday night live. (drags joint) Are we winning? I feel like my flank is covered. Honey bring me a beer, we got a war to win!” What kind of fucking war is that?

You know the war on drugs is hypocrisy man. That’s why it’s not going to work, it’s a fucking lie. Alcohol and cigarettes kill more people than crack, coke and heroin combined. So the war on drugs is really sort of a (cough cough) cocksuck isn’t it? You alcoholics are going “Shit, we’re next! If you’re fighting drugs then we could be taken. Drug guys are creative motherfuckers, we’re just obnoxious.”

The problem with the war on drugs is that they lump all drugs together. Pot and Crack. And they’re not the same. Not only do I think pot should be legalized, I think it should be mandatory. Think about it, you’d get in a traffic line (honks horn repeatedly) “Shut up and smoke that. It’s the law”(inhales from a joint) “Oh sorry I was taking life seriously. Oh shit I’m sorry about all that noise. I thought it mattered! Oh shit, who’s hungry?” That'd be a nice world, wouldn't it? Mellow, hungry, quiet, fucked-up people everywhere? Domino's Pizza trucks passing each other on every highway. Parades of Domino’s trucks. Let them get stuck in traffic, all our pizzas will be free.

You never see a positive drugs story on the news, do ya? No. Always negative. But the news is supposed to be objective. I mean, isn't it supposed to be THE NEWS? But every drug story is negative? Hold it! I've had some killer times on drugs! I'm not promoting it, but I'm not denying it. Let's hear the whole fucking story...

Same LSD story every time: "Young man on acid, thought he could fly jumped out of a building, what a tragedy." What a dick! He's an idiot. If he thought he could fly, why didn't he take off from the ground and check it out first? What a moron. You don't see ducks lined up to catch elevators to fly south. What a moron! Good, he's dead. We lost moron. (sobbing) WE LOST A MORON!!! How am I gonna sleep through the night? “Why so down Bill?” “We’re missing a moron”I don't don't mean to sound cold or cruel but God damn lets hear the whole story.
But wouldn't you like to see a positive LSD story? Would that be newsworthy? Just once, to hear what it's all about:

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Here's Tom with the weather"

TranceNation said:
Ok so what happens when Police have to bust a huge Heroin importing sindicate in which the officers have to continually 'shoot up' in order to gain trust amongst the leaders. Sounds like a load of crap, what happens when the officers get hooked on Heroin, then what , The Tax payer is also going to have to pay for them to get off thier addiction not to mention the social and family implications their addication is going to have on everyone. I believe this to be bullshit. Also the fact that there is the possibility of the chance of getting diseases through needles etc. Do u think the person administering the drugs is going to worry about giving them a needle that is disease free, they couldnt give a fuck, so when the undercover gets aids, what are they going to do then? Sue? There are other ways of busting dealers.

You really don't believe that Heroin importing syndicates are full of disease carrying, needle sharing junkies?

These people are business men playing with huge amounts of money. I think keeping a level head would be their priority. So the undercovers would have to play business man.

im not sure of the validity of the claim that police are allowed to take drugs in order to befriend dealers. Can anoyone get any real documentation about this>?

As Apollo said, some dealers at events/clubs/raves still fall into a false security by only selling to people who look like they're already using, or are dressed like a raver. If you think about the way the Australian authorities approach the issue of drugs, its pretty unlikely that they'd let a dealer escape punishment just because their arresting officer bought a pill from him and at some point ate it.

I was at an event a while back, and feeling a little tired because I'd worked all day I decided to buy a bit of speed. I eventually located a guy who was apparently selling, and after a bit of chit-chat he felt safe enough to sell it to me. Yet, one of his mates, obviously involved in some way, took me aside and said 'Mate I have to ask you this, are you a cop?' I just kind've laughed and said no, then he goes 'are you working for the police tonight?' and I said hell no! He then rattled off his version of the entrapment rule, and said 'that if I had lied, it was entrapment right?' I had to explain to him that the entrapment rule is a myth, and that it would be pretty unlikely for him to escape a sentence should he be caught using that defence. It just goes to show you that some dealers don't actually know much about the law and how to protect themselves.

Best way to maximise your profits if your dealing with drugs in a big big way is to not use. Especially when the drug concerned is heroin - addiction being an obvious major problem. I doubt that an undercover would need to take heroin to prove to the dealers he wasn't a cop - i thikn it would be expected that he most likely wouldn't use.

Had a bad experince in a recovery saturday morning. This guy kept saying to me and my mate that we were cops and just wouldnt give up for moment. I'm fairly new to the scene, maybe it was my clothes, dunno. Anyway, he was full on, agressive, when ever he saw me... in the end he's did the gun shot in the head signal to both of us 2pmish closing time and dissaperred. Now, I didnt get that paraniod for some reason, probably because I had about 5 pills and way too much alcohol. Could have had something to do with me in the toilents all the time trawling for X, I was outa control and admit to it. Getting all kind of pills off total strangers, asking anyone... bit ashamed of myself actually. Maybe he just saw me in there too much, thought I was after someone. Sorry, had to get it out.:(

en·trap ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-trp)
tr.v. en·trapped, en·trap·ping, en·traps
To catch in or as if in a trap.

1. To lure into danger, difficulty, or a compromising situation. See Synonyms at catch.
2. To lure into performing a previously or otherwise uncontemplated illegal act.

i.e., the police aren't allowed to just walk up to someone and say "hey wanna buy this pill?" and that person goes "yeah ok." and then bust them. That does not mean they can't bust you for selling pills to them. It just means that they can't entrap someone into breaking the law if they otherwise might not have had malice aforethought.

BigTrancer :)

provide a scenario where the entrapment law has been breached (i.e how to 'avoid' being done)

is the entrapment rule different in the US?

Or i have just watched too much of COPS