• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids At breaking point and have no idea what to do from here.

Slayer0344

Bluelighter
42 hours without subs and im hurting.
Took oxy yesterday to get myself out of withdrawal and today since I have no oxy it’s morphine sulfate IR , have taken 30mgs today so far (it’s only 8am) and I still feel like I’m in withdrawal somewhat.

Honestly I feel like I’m a mouse on a wheel here.
If this has taught me anything it’s that I simply cannot hack the withdrawal symptoms. As soon as the body aches and sweating start I cave. I can handle the mental side of it fine, but the physical stuff just destroys me. I mean let me be clear I’m not in full withdrawal, the morphine is definitely doing something. I honestly don’t want to go back to subs. I can’t keep doing this anymore.

What should I do? Is it possible now I’ve switched to a morphine or something to taper down off that to reduce withdrawal? Or take morphine a couple days then taper down to something weaker like codeine and slowly reduce that?

This is a big realisation and I honestly just need this cycle to end once and for all. At this point I’m taking this shit to just feel normal but I feel hopeless when the withdrawal sets in like I’d be better of just dead.

Have, you got any gabapentin( use only briefly) or benzos( also use briefly) or kratom ( is it legal where you are?, also use briefly) all these helped with morphine withdrawal but all are quickly addictive with bad withdrawals if taken too long. They all help and have their own issues if abused.

I have all of the above. But if I’m honest I’m scared to take the Kratom. Unsure how it’ll affect me

Hmm, it didn't do much for me but I took it with the others and it may have helped but it will push opiod tolerance up
But some claim it helps because of opiod like properties or some thing.
Start slow and build up with others, so you don't OD on too much benzos, gabapentin od, never heard of but can really help, I used all three and no problem after years of using morphine 24/7 (had script for chronic pain, it went a way) so stopped and used all three and low dose of oxy( had script). Try gabapentin it has no risk of od and helped. Then again I threw all the stuff I had to not withdraw. Just don't waste stuff to quickly if getting more benzos or gabapentin is an issue, the two are low schedule, but scheduled nonetheless. Try and and wait. If you are use to opiods then kratom should not be an issue. But hopefully some one else can help with dosage, I avoid it because I take oxy for pain and it will drive up tolerance but many claim it will help.

Last edited:
Ativan used to work for me careful not to od but do not drink alcohol take them till you get relief and leave 45 minute intervals and find a dose and use same ones and also gabapentin. But go easy till you get comfortable but not to point of falling down or passing out go easy till you find what works, if you have a friend or someone close watch you. I am more use to alcohol withdrawal but I used Ativan and gabapentin to get off morphine. I am unfamiliar with the other two are short acting or long acting like Valium, which I an on
The combo will make you clumsy if take to much. Do you know your body well enough to not take too many but take enough for relief?

Do not take to many Benzos at a time because unfortunately the subs have a real long withdrawal time, use as few as possible and maybe forget the kratom.
You need to conserve the pills because it may be a while, subs have a long half life and you want not run out in a week or two or more actually. Hopefully you can find a balance with them helping but not over doing it. I just realized it was subs, not morphine or oxy. Do not take any opiods, but benzos and gabapentin should help, the less the better, because of long half life. How long have you been on subs and what is your usual dose?

I’ve been on subs for 1 year, 1mg per day split into 0.5mg doses.

The last 48 hours I’ve used morphine and oxy to try keep the withdrawals at bay. I’ve just found a re up on the subs, when do you think it’s safe to take sub again and not get precipitated withdrawal? I think my plan is to maybe taper down lower on the subs then jump

Might be a good idea to slowly taper down to as low as possible. Then use benzos and gabapentin to get off. When did you last take any opiates?

About 5 hours ago I had my last dose. I have Suboxone here now but am worried to take it I don’t want to go into precipitated withdrawal

Yea, you will too close take something like Ativan and wait.
Did they ever tell you how long to wait after taking other opiates to take subs.
I still can't belive no one else has jumped in. I was an alcoholic before I got cirrhosis and allergic to alcohol. Thank God, I would have drank my self to death.
Anyways have you been told how long to wait, because I heard stories of people who went into pw'ds after taking subs too soon.
I still can't believe no one has jumped in

Well it was 12 hours I was waiting when I was on oxy before the bupe

I was taking like 60mv oxy a day for. Year though.

the opiates I’ve used yesterday and today were the first time using oxy or morphine for well over a year

Was just to try help my withdrawal which they haven’t really done

Now I have sub here but don’t know how long I should wait to take

I am hoping one of the mods keif Richard's will reply, I asked him, and he is, well ,, kind of an expert on these matters.
Huh, did the doctors ever give you any info, know how bad alcohol withdrawal and the morphine, I had an arsenal of stuff including oxy to get off of it