Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Asian Gangster Movies

psychetool

Bluelighter
Asian Mafia : Yakuza. Triads. BTK.

Movies like 'Brother', 'Rising Sun', and 'Year of the Dragon' just leave me quivering, begging for more. I like the whole yakuza, triad, asian mafia feel and would love some quality recommendations. I'd especially dig subtitled flicks with an 'underground' feel, stuff produced in asia would be great. (But if you know of USA flicks, don't hold back! I just think the authentic feel would be cool.)

So... FIRE AWAY! I know there must be at least a few other asian mafia fans out there. I just can't get enough of hardcore asian heroin smugglers!

Last edited:
John Woo (w00t!)

The Killer

^it's kinda a gangsta movie, more of a hitman movie. But i love it all the same, it's funny and moving...great action and it even makes me cry a bit heh heh

^^ hell yes!

Gracie: I'd go with you but...
Jack Burton: I know, there's a problem with your face.

OldBoy

I havent seen it, so I am not 1005 sure it is a so called gangster movie, but I am pretty sure it is. I have only heard great reviews about it.

^
with, you guessed it, leonardo dicaprio in the lead. (i think matt damon plays his opposite)

oldboy is not very good. it is a perfect example of all style and absolutely no substance. it is also not a "gangster" movie.

im back..with some more bad 80's b-rate!: gleaming the cube

it may be bad, in fact it may be horrible... but it has always been on saturday afternoons when nothing else was and i would still watch it

old boy was fucking brilliant - and whilst it wasn't so much a 'gangster' movie, it definitely involved a lot of elements of the underworld, so i reckon it counts.

ichi the killer, similarly, deals with similar subjects without immersing itself fully, but it's a helluva lot of fun :D

what about oldboy was great, exactly? i thought it only looked good. it is very sleek, i'll give you that.

^^^ well, yeah, its style. i loved how it was put together. but apart from that, it was pretty psychologically intense too, which i enjoyed. not to mention the fight scenes :)

I rented 'fulltime killer' and can recommend it. Another mobster hitman story, similar to 'assassin' where there are two rival professional killers who go after each other to become #1. Filmed in a very interesting way, good effects, plot could use a little work but still a very entertaining movie.

screen-kung.fu.hustle.jpg

has gangsters in it

^
And if fucking awesome.
I have the Dvd and everytime I watch the first fight scene I still get tingles. Lol.