• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Are we fooling ourselves about Kratom's risks?

(Sorry my edit button doesn't work)

I use around 1.5 - 3.5 teaspoons once (occasionally twice) by the way.

Good thing I can use weed for the same reasons I'm using Kratom. Might just be me, but does anyone get deathly pale, lightheaded, and dizzy when they combine the two? I've almost passed out on one occasion from it. I'm a much heavier user of pot (for a much longer time) so I don't think it would be that causing it.

Can't say that I have and I almost exclusively mix the two. Perhaps because I can take large amounts of kratom without getting the wobbles and the other side effects from taking too much and a 6 year tolerance to weed.

[/B][/FONT]
And I thought it was just me. I'm a very high dosage user, traded one addiction for another, and my hair has started falling out like crazy.

Are you a guy or a girl?

If you are a guy you'd be the first I heard to complain of this cause so far I've only heard women say this.

No, no one is fooling anyone. It is a miracle cure for opiate addiction.

I'm sure it is but that doesn't necessarily mean it might not have its' side effects.

I never used it for opiate addiction cause I never had one, so that's why I'm more concerned.

But I'm going to take a several month break after I run out of the 8 ounces I just bought, which will probably take about 3 weeks, and then I'm sure I'll use it again at some point in time but that should be enough to get myself straight again.

I think it's probably REASONABLY safe used in moderation, but there are still things we don't know about it I wish we knew.

I'll probably continue to use it on and off throughout the years cause I like it so much, but with lots of LONG breaks in between to make sure I'm not a slave to it and that all my parts are still in working order.

How can Kratom be considered 'safe' when it directly led to me having a heavy decade long addiction to opiates that I'm only now just clawing my way out of? My life has been forever changed for the worse, and Kratom was very much that important first link.

Are you a guy or a girl?

If you are a guy you'd be the first I heard to complain of this cause so far I've only heard women say this.
Nope, I'm a guy. Never had this issue before, and I'm 19 so I shouldn't be losing my hair. Literally fill a comb with hair brushing it though. If it makes a difference I have long hair though. Like, I can dread it/put it in a pony tail if I needed to.

..kratom has been consumed for a long time by people in southeast Asia, so you would think if there were terrible side-effects associated with use, they'd be known about by now

This^^

How can Kratom be considered 'safe' when it directly led to me having a heavy decade long addiction to opiates that I'm only now just clawing my way out of? My life has been forever changed for the worse, and Kratom was very much that important first link.

HAHA, yeah.. It's the drugs fault... I'm sure Kratom made me a fuckup... 8) ANYWAY...

To the OP, Opiates are pretty safe except addiction and dependence which can lead to suicidal depression, that being said, I would not use kratom for a recreational drug, I tried that before being hooked on heroin and it did nothing.

After being hooked on opiates, Kratom saved my functionality. Meaning, It left me able to function by being an opiate maintenance therapy. There is nothing safer or greater available.

Anyone who uses Kratom recreationally may very well be ruining it for the rest of us.

HAHA, yeah.. It's the drugs fault... I'm sure Kratom made me a fuckup... 8) ANYWAY...

To the OP, Opiates are pretty safe except addiction and dependence which can lead to suicidal depression, that being said, I would not use kratom for a recreational drug, I tried that before being hooked on heroin and it did nothing.

After being hooked on opiates, Kratom saved my functionality. Meaning, It left me able to function by being an opiate maintenance therapy. There is nothing safer or greater available.

Anyone who uses Kratom recreationally may very well be ruining it for the rest of us.

I use kratom recreationally; that is, I like to take it at the end of my day. I have been thinking about tapering off and stopping it for a week or so so that I could get super high again like I used to, but I find that a little bit of kratom just produces a pleasant relaxed feeling while I am still able to maintain much of my mental capacity. That being said, it'd never be anything I'd do during the day or at work... sometimes if I've got a day off I'll take it a bit earlier, around 4 or 5 pm, but other than that it's usually after 8pm or so. I have a few hours of relaxation, eating dinner, etc... then I go to sleep. The problem is I've gotten so used to this that now when I don't do it I crave it in the evenings. I do believe that it is addicting and alters your neuro-chemistry. I am careful with how much I take every night, making sure not to dose too much or double dose.

I also find that I am drinking MUCH less now, and as a result I've lost a few lbs. :)

^^ This again!(whoops didn't do that right lol!)
It's been around a lot longer than you and I!

I'm a daily user of around 3 years, have quite a tolerance too, and no problems whatsoever.
This isn't something I spend time worrying about. I just had my annual physical last week and I've literally never been healthier.

Last edited:
^^ This again!(whoops didn't do that right lol!)
It's been around a lot longer than you and I!

I'm a daily user of around 3 years, have quite a tolerance too, and no problems whatsoever.
This isn't something I spend time worrying about. I just had my annual physical last week and I've literally never been healthier.

That's promising to hear!

(Sorry my edit button doesn't work)

I use around 1.5 - 3.5 teaspoons once (occasionally twice) by the way.

Good thing I can use weed for the same reasons I'm using Kratom. Might just be me, but does anyone get deathly pale, lightheaded, and dizzy when they combine the two? I've almost passed out on one occasion from it. I'm a much heavier user of pot (for a much longer time) so I don't think it would that causing it.
When standing up in particular? If so, maybe you got low blood pressure. Mine's always a little low (hereditary) and certain drugs push it too low and this happens. Once I was on an LSA (morning glory) trip, went too the toilet, got the dizziness and white sparkly lights. Next I woke up on the floor with a bloody nose, because I headbutted the toilet on the way down. All because LSA sent my blood pressure dangerously low.

I get extremely sick even from low doses of Kratom. So sick that the first time I took a few grams I was throwing up for over 48 hours straight. Somehow I believe my liver is unable to handle kratom. I only take it when I am seriously desperate. I have to keep my dose extremely low. I still get a feeling of being straight up poisoned. It feels like food poisoning when I take low dose of kratom. I bet if I took it regularly I would end up with a serious liver problem.

I get extremely sick even from low doses of Kratom. So sick that the first time I took a few grams I was throwing up for over 48 hours straight. Somehow I believe my liver is unable to handle kratom. I only take it when I am seriously desperate. I have to keep my dose extremely low. I still get a feeling of being straight up poisoned. It feels like food poisoning when I take low dose of kratom. I bet if I took it regularly I would end up with a serious liver problem.
Why would you take it ever?

he is probably an opiate addict and need it for withdrawal. I have done some crazy things in opiate withdrawal, like poor water over the table I used to shoot dope on (which had never been washed), then soak up the water with a paper towel and squeeze it into a spoon and shoot it. The water was literally brown, full of dirt and dust but it got me out of withdrawal. I had spilled so much dope over the years there was like a layer of dope dust over the top of the table, lol.

Anyway, back to kratom I have been trying to quit it recently and I think the major risk of kratom is the wd from many years of use. No, its not as bad as coming off a huge smack habit but its still pretty unbearable, it has gotten much worse over the years used to be really minor but now has turned into something major.

What leads you to believe it is your liver? Kratom is not hepatotoxic and it sounds like you have another issue.

Is tapering a good method to get off of it? I have never done that. Usually at night if I want to take a break I just go cold turkey and drink tea. But it is hard and I think about it a lot... I think I should look into tapering.