• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Are their different types of LSD?

Well, you could have a given % of unreacted or misacted precursors, inscribe isomers, etc. Which would mean "impure" product.

True, but I guess in that case the LSD on the blotter would still be pure LSD - it would just be surrounded by stuff that isn't LSD. Whether the human body can detect any psychoactive or physical effect from the other stuff on the blotter is another question. By far the biggest impurity in the product is the blotter paper itself but seeing as blotter paper isnt psychoactive it doesn't make any difference.

(directed to no one in particular... just to all the people in these discussions who make the incorrect proclamation that "only real pure lsd can ever possibly be on blotters... any differences are all in your head or set/setting not the drug")

I've had blotters that were barely psychoactive, caused a horrible strong flu-like sensation, and felt like crap. No I was not ill to begin with. No it was NOT caused by set/setting which were identical to dozens of other perfectly clean fine trips... dont tell me it was set/setting... you were not there inside my body feeling what I felt, that's VERY rude and presumptuous and just WRONG to say that. There ARE other things that could be on blotter and still psychoactive... it is an urban myth and uninformed to claim otherwise. It can be a result of a BAD FAILED or INCOMPLETE attempt to make LSD, giving some marginally active crap chem that makes you feel mildly to very lousy.

(If you'd had it you would know. If not, consider yourself lucky... dont make up incorrect definitive-pretending proclamations in order to pose as some "master debunker.")

That sounds more like one of the shittier DOx chems that do fit on a blotter than a failed LSD synth to me,to be honest, Dwayne. Not quite the same as just a disappointing trip like the OP is talking about but is a subjective thing maybe. Not really for me to say though cos as - I said - I've always been spoiled and can be almost certain I've never had owt but acid on any bloter I've ever had. Not everyone gets the chance I know but if possible testing ftw <3

Yea I guess it could have been something like that, some icky DOx crap.

But when people say "there is nothing psychoactive besides pure LSD that fits on a blotter" that is just wrong, obviously.

And if you are messing around TRYING to synth LSD, you are dabbling in a domain of the TYPE of resultant molecules that COULD have highly potent effects, but be DIFFERENT than LSD. If you made mistakes or errors or have some totally miscellaneous contamination in one of the many solutions, the WHO KNOWS WHAT YOU END UP WITH? Its not like absolutely every single possible offshoot product has been cataloged to an infinite degree and it is known with 1000% certainty that there is not some hitherto UNDISCOVERED or UNCATALOGUED and UNTESTED compound... LSD-XYZ-0572x-iso-whatever in there that we do not even know exists, but that makes you feel like crap in doses of 200mcg.

You are messing around in pathways leading to highly potent molecules that can bind to nerve receptors so it seems to me that some error or slop or contamination or incomplete purification etc COULD lead to unknown things that alter the effect of the result in a negative or even positive manner.

Chaos Theory, you know?!

After all, the list of things that are UNKNOWN TO SCIENCE is basically INFINITE compared to the list of things in our relatively tiny little human-investigated pharmacopoeia. There could be any number of things in there that are active but that no one at this point has the slightest clue what they are, if the synthesis is off by even some tiny totally random and unknowable factor.

Doesn't that make a much more logical assumption considering the vast unknowns and the infinite number of molecular possibilities to assume, as opposed to a hard-core statement that "its impossible for an imperfect synthesis to make something active"??

Imagine a 10' x 10' black piece of cloth. Representing the infinite number of possible molecules. Now lets say you scour every chemistry, medical, and pharmaceutical text ever published. Now go and with the tip of very small brush dipped in white paint you make a tiny white dot representing EVERY molecule whose structure we know and whose human effects have been investigated and cataloged. What percent of the 10x10 "infinite" domain space of all possible molecules do you think will be covered? Well I have no idea, but I am pretty sure from a distance of a few feet you will have trouble seeing anything other than black.

Last edited:
Other things ARE on blotter for sure.
DOx's
NBOME's
BDF
Even 2C's have been found on blotters!

things like phenazepam would totally fit on botters too...

The good news is that there are test kits available - and if you want to be sort of sure that there is at least some LSD on your blotter - you can be -LSD test kit

Ehrlich's reagent tests for the presence of complex ergoloids, which include drugs other thab LSD that have been confirmed by GC/MS to be on blotter

Is that the test they use in Holland, SKL (or maybe Solipsis)? Had always been under the impression the test used there is reliable. If not and my tested tabs were not as reliably shown to be LSD as I thought then I have only had Not LSD tabs my whole life (or something so close as to be indistiguishable). Am aware of other stuff (DOx and BDFLY specifically) being sold on blotter over here but the dealer was alwas upfront about it. They are both so rare in comparison to LSD that they would generally carry a premium price and be actively sought after for novelty value. Have never had either so far (unless my acid career really has been a total sham, perhaps). What other complex alkaloids have shown up in tests - am really rather curious to know now cos I'd love to try them to compare :)

Ehrlich's reagent tests for the presence of complex ergoloids, which include drugs other thab LSD that have been confirmed by GC/MS to be on blotter

you are correct - i should have been sort of more clear - i said "sort of sure" :)
do we agree that it would rule out most of the other 'actives' in that size range?

Dmitri sets off an ehlrichs test. Fake euro bunk lsd-alike research chemicals from her majesty's fake drug empire will likely also trigger purple, proving little and fooling the shit out of fustiest everywhere. Its disgusting, trickle down bunkenomics.

Yea I guess it could have been something like that, some icky DOx crap.

But when people say "there is nothing psychoactive besides pure LSD that fits on a blotter" that is just wrong, obviously.

No, they're saying it could be a DOx compound but that there's no mysterious unknown LSD-like compound active at LSD doses that causes bad trips. That's just urban myth.

And if you are messing around TRYING to synth LSD, you are dabbling in a domain of the TYPE of resultant molecules that COULD have highly potent effects, but be DIFFERENT than LSD

Who told you that? If there were dozens of different molecules active at LSD type doses we'd have heard of them. LSD is unique because it's active at such small doses. If there were a thousand other possible psychoactive drugs active in the microgram range then LSD wouldn't be considered so unique would it.

LSD-XYZ-0572x-iso-whatever in there that we do not even know exists, but that makes you feel like crap in doses of 200mcg.

Pure urban myth.

Dmitri sets off an ehlrichs test. Fake euro bunk lsd-alike research chemicals from her majesty's fake drug empire will likely also trigger purple, proving little and fooling the shit out of fustiest everywhere. Its disgusting, trickle down bunkenomics.

Trickle down bunkenomics ... I love it!

Ismene;9159309no mysterious unknown LSD-like compound active at LSD doses that causes bad trips. [/QUOTE said:
1. Didnt say anything about "bad trips" but that there was little to NO trip effect at all, just a physical malaise. You are putting words in my mouth, erecting a strawman. Stop it.

2. If it's "unknown", dude, then ITS UNKNOWN! How the hell do you confidently proclaim "I know there is no unknown substance in there". HAHAHA what ridiculous self-contradictory rubbish. Go fly a kite.

3. Support your claim that if there were other active compounds that could fit on blotter "we would know about them". Pure unsubstantiated presumptive proclamation. You just pulled that outa your ass. Besides there are and we do. I am just saying there could also be others we dont know about yet. That cannot be denied. Are you saying human knowledge of biochemistry is omnipotent? Bullshit!

Alot of people who are in the community say that there is no difference between any types of LSDs and that the only difference is of potency... but i've had some tabs in my time that just feel gross to me, get sickly, tense, i dry heave, the hallucinations are just blurry like a canvas painting and not of patterns.

I'm wondering where to place these different experiences whether it be from overdoing it in frequency or if it's a matter of degredations, many other people say that LSD degrades to iso-LSD over time and that this may have to do with my body-tension and headaches that occur from these doses.

possibly due to tripping to much and my receptors getting low/stripped? they all seem likely and probably all play a factor, but if I was offered good quality high dose LSD tabs for a fortune VS an over abundance of lower potency tabs then i'd pay the higher price and go for the "wetter" tabs

I get less of these symptoms when I take one or two tabs to get high, vs the times with low potency tabs where I take 6-12 that seems to be when I get any type of bodyload.

I love LSD with all my soul and intention but I just wish it were more reliable, or that the world would come around and just legalize er already.

or us hippies get our own planet or somethin :p

2. If it's "unknown", dude, then ITS UNKNOWN! How the hell do you confidently proclaim "I know there is no unknown substance in there". HAHAHA what ridiculous self-contradictory rubbish. Go fly a kite.

Calm down Dwayne you silly sausage. If Hoffman and a thousand other chemists who have investigated LSD for decades havn't found this "mysterious" compound of which you speak then I'm afraid I'm going to have to trust them. You believe in your unknown compound if you like.

but that there was little to NO trip effect at all, just a physical malaise

Sounds like low dose blotter.

I'm wondering where to place these different experiences whether it be from overdoing it in frequency or if it's a matter of degredations, many other people say that LSD degrades to iso-LSD over time and that this may have to do with my body-tension and headaches that occur from these doses.

Hang on a minute Tunnel. Are you saying that you've never taking some blotter one week and got a headache and not had much of a trip and then taken another dose from the same blotter a week later and had a completely different trip? It happens to me all the time. That's just LSD - you arn't guaranteed the same experience every time. It depends on how your feeling, what the weather is like, whether you argued with a loved one the previous week, whether the house is full of your shitty underpants. There's no need to fantasise about unknown compounds. LSD has a vast range of effects - one week it can be good, the next week it can be shit.

Important thing here, is that there are multiple Things being talked about in this thread:

1. high vs, low quality LSD - there is a lot of anecdotal evidence for this but not a lot of genuine chemical knowledge about how this could be so. The inscribe enantiomers of LSD are almost certainly NOT responsible; but it is not entirely impossible that other compounds, products of impure reagents or botched syntheses, might have untoward physiological effects. No less an authority than Dr. Nichols (pers. comm., 2008 ) has speculated as much.

2. Non-LSD ergoloids - this is confirmed but nobody knows very much about the subject and those that do aren't talking. To me it is a major scandal. But the thing is, these are actually pretty cool drugs, it is highly unlikely that they are causing any higher proportion of "bad" experiences than legit LSD.

3. Non-ergoloid psychedelics. This is just a dick move mostly by stupid kids to custie people. It was popular during the post-Pickard drought, a time during which #2 was unheard of ... But now is a little less common except in truly backwater markets, largely, I believe, due to the proliferation of #2.

4. Set and setting. Probably the biggest factor, more than people would like to admit, in the subjective differences betwixt different trips.

Different effects from different batches

d LSD25 is the formula for our favourite r.d. if this has been slightly mis made or has varying amounts of impurities it will still be active but have a slightly different effect on psyche.

I have personally experimented with several different manufacturers products and have found repeatedly that one or two types will have one effect, despite dosage and others would have others!

some would cause colourful fractals whilst another may cause a ''head trip''. I presume they are all 'LSD' but definately NOT giving the same effects.

so in a way there are different types of acid, or in another way, there are different types of blotter, giving different types of trip!

2. Non-LSD ergoloids - this is confirmed but nobody knows very much about the subject and those that do aren't talking. To me it is a major scandal. But the thing is, these are actually pretty cool drugs, it is highly unlikely that they are causing any higher proportion of "bad" experiences than legit LSD.

Wow, I wasn't aware of this, interesting! In the thread you linked on the previous page you mentioned lysergic acid morpholide, sec-butylamide and 3-pentylamide; any others you know of that have circulated? Have you knowingly tasted any of these?

Is this simply down to (presumably) easier availability of morpholine, sec-butylamine etc. compared to diethylamine?

The 'other' ergoloid, which I will call "LS?", is, broadly speaking, in my limited subjective experience:

* shorter acting
* faster acting
* less "deep", "profound", or "spiritual"
* less anxiogenic
* perhaps more visually impressive
* more "stoning"
* characterized by a slightly different body load

From esotericPharma.org

Myself and several others here have tasted something that I call "ls?", and on information and belief, it is either the butyl or the pentyl, but definitely not the diethyl.

Information in this area is very spotty currently but this is definitely something that is really happening.

Remember a few years back where everyone was convinced that certain blotters weren't L?

Well, they were L, and S, but they weren't D, and although I have no way of proving it, I think that this stuff is even more prevalent today.

It has to do with ease of synthesis and availability of precursors, AFAIK.

it's down to a bunch of thieves/liars being able to get these materials bulk synthesized in certain places i won't say for pennies on the dollar then make millions and millions in ill-gotten gains misrepresenting them as LSD. What's particularly disgusting is that this is probably the handiwork of people who are pretty high up in the ranks, and it is a little embarrassing to me that this is how our community leaders behave. Not to say I wouldn't do the exact same thing in the face of tens of millions, but i'd like to imagine that anyone that has been shown the things that these medicines can elucidate would be more motivated towards a greater good for their people.

I'm sure it's justified in this manner: It's ok to lie to people because more people are having these experiences, and for this to keep happening we have to get hood rich.

i know there is a pretty active campaign of misinformation going on at the international level backed by big money to keep this information obfuscated as long as possible to keep the gravy train rolling ever on. Imagine a campaign of secrecy similar to early spice days, but backed by much more loot in a less public forum. They know the limitations of the common law enforcement tests for LSD, and the techniques involved in testing probably better than the opposition does and design their work accordingly.

Some people even seem to prefer the effects of these compounds, but still they are probably more profitable sold as BUNK than as what they are.

In addition, they probably want to keep the material legal for as long as possible so that the groups involved can have riches unheard of, in a manner reminiscent of a center shadeball chinese vendor with his misrepresented compounds.

Funny how everyone slimes his shenanigans though, and the bunk bunk bunk bunk BUNK from on high seems to be a dirty little secret that everyone can enjoy.

You know, since it's all about money.

p.s. I probably don't know what I'm talking about, take it with a grain of sand.