• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Are the DMT experiences simply physiological?

TheJamesMachine

Greenlighter
Hi, I'd like to know if folks have good info on the subject. Are dmt experiences; low dose, sub BT, and full BT simply the affects of physical changes in perception of what we already know, or are there any compelling experiences that could suggest that other dimensions and realms not normally perceived being tapped into while in the dmt experience?

I'm pretty sure a breakthrough dose compared to a sub breakthrough dose is simply just due to individual physiology and amount taken. I doubt there's any evidence of accessing other realms/dimensional planes that just sounds like some silly spiritual non-sense.

Thanks for your input. I'm interested in knowing more about your experience with it. Have you had sub-BT & BT experiences?

a breakthough is, like all other psychedelic, not even close to a sub breakthrough.
a DMT BT is nothing like a sub BT.
its like going from 5mph to 100mph multiplied by 100

That's what I keep reading. Can you describe it, but without putting any kind of personal judgements as to whether certain or any aspects of it are good or bad? Thanks

IME the only breackthrough experiences i've had were with vaped 5-meo-DMT, and in a very different way ketamine and to a far lesser extent MXE, but to convey my breackthrough experiences with words i am unable to do...

Pure strangeness. Sedating. Rolletcoster. Loops. Entities. Eyes. Rocketship to another relm that occupies all space but no time..

I think its our brain trying to make sense of all the input its receiving. This can lead to insights or grand delusions.

I love the stuff.. Just gotta know when to use it.

It does seem like all sensory inputs are ramped up. I wonder if its effects are just that? I wonder if the visuals are nothing more than extremely exaggerated ocular inputs? Same with sound and such. Also, music seems far and away more beautiful too.
As for the cev's, could we just be seeing up close the fluids, blood and cells moving around behind our eyelids?

Idk. But the visuals I experience during a break through dose seem completely alien to me. A complete different world. I put DMT in its own category all together of psych...but at the end of the day it's just that. A drug. It's not a connection to a different realm...even if it seems like it

I don't disagree, and what interests me is how you seem so sure of it....when you're in the throws of a BT are you remaining aware that you're just experiencing a dmt trip?

Please remember that I have absolutely no personal judgement or interpretation of anything you's are sharing here. I'm only trying to compile a lot of feedback from which I can concoct a brew, which I will then boil down, thereby reducing the pot of material down to its basis. Hmm, sounds almost like how the aya is made LOL
But seriously, once the pot of data gets reduced down, leaving only the remaining basis to all of this, maybe then we might have a bit better of an understanding to what the experiences can do for us positively.

What is consciousness? How about reality? How do you define the borders of 'this dimension/realm'?

Well that is one hellava question. And I definitely cannot define it whatsoever.. I suppose it cannot be defined, because it is all there is. It's indefinite. And in the midst of the infinity we all can and should just be better people. We all can and should just be nice as often as possible. Let's all realize and know that in order to have it all we must be simultaneously giving it away. Let's be conduits for goodness. Be a live wire through which love, kindness and generosity travels to everyone who is in need of something good and integral.

the DMT experience is 100% sensory. i separate my opinions on spirituality and faith from drug induced hallucinations. making decisions on something you can't objectively prove while using substances producing hallucinations isn't healthy psychologically. i'll also add if i use DMT in doses higher than 30mg more than once each week my thinking gets progressively delusional.

I don't disagree, and what interests me is how you seem so sure of it....when you're in the throws of a BT are you remaining aware that you're just experiencing a dmt trip?
no, for me Im aware that im experiencing and seeing other realities, the matrix is clearly shown and I know that what I experience has a truth in what I see. it couldnt just be in my head.
but theres many different layers and its very related to your mind.
crazy stuff

The polarity between the correspondences here is really interesting and a bit frustrating. But let's keep this going so we can keep compiling honest dialogue among folks. Maybe we'll get somewhere with it.

And that's the thing that interests me most about it-that it's indescribable.

Try and describe the taste of salt without using the term 'salty'.

Its tempting to imagine that DMT allows us access to other dimensions. But we know that it is a serotonin agonist, and that specific agonism via psychedelics is known to cause sensory hallucinations. It seems unlikely that DMT both causes hallucinations as well as enables contact with previously distinct realms.

Ok, so for now, let's set the stuff about other realms and dimensions aside. Let's discuss what we are in fact experiencing as opposed to what we might interpret from personal opinion and points of view.
Let's see if there is any possibility that what we experience are ramped up sensory inputs that, in our natural and unaltered states, are common and auto-regulated sensory inputs and even extra sensory inputs like intuition and things of that sort may be ramped up as well. What id like to refine is the idea that perhaps the dmt state can ramp up our intuitions and abilities to make better decisions. And just as importantly, to maybe show us what may be deep down in the subconscious which may somehow show us what we might do in order to make the improvements in our lives that we might've been hoping and/or praying for.
Has anyone prayed, hoped or made a decree for a particular situation to arise in their lives? And had it come to pass? If not, could the dmt state, with its ramped up sensory inputs and intuitions help to facilitate the manifestation of these decrees? I think, after all, what we hope and pray for is within the ability and reach of each one of us. Maybe we just need to get deeper into our own minds to draw out the ideas and directions needed to get us there.
What do you all think?

Also, I think it's very important not to hold tight to any personal opinions without taking into consideration the other points of view, even if they seem to be opposite. I believe there are bits of truth to every input that comes to the discussion from a completely sincere place. In other words, everyone who is truly being honest and open minded is adding some truth to a discussion. And that's what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to compile all of the necessary ingredients that, once boiled down, will produce one nugget of truth, which cannot be interpreted as anything else.