Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Are testing kits worth it?

oOFuzzEOo

Bluelighter
I don't know.. Are the test really worth it
THey don't seem to tell you enough?
I was wondering.. because I want to get one, But I want the best test for my money.. Any suggestions?

well if it stops u from taking a pill containing a dangerous substance or buying a speed bomb the kit has paid for it self.

We have a basic kit. It tests for the presence of MDMA. Most posts say that if there is MDMA in the tab, then it is unlikely that other substances are added. It seems that way from the pill testing reports, also. I have had pills that did not have any reaction to the basic kit. I didn't really care what was in them at that point, I just threw them away. Be safe and test your tabs!

In my opinion the testing kits are useless except for testing speed. I use speed so instead of trying it I just test it.
As far as MDMA, all the pills I have tested to date have turned black (EZ-test regular) and blue with the EZ test supreme. In all cases the pills DID NOT exhibit MDMA feelings, but rather a stoney/mashy high.
What does that tell me about the tester? Not much! With the supreme tester, the blue tells me either MDMA or MDEA. So there might be present MDMA but why doesn't it feel like it??
The answer is that the tester does not tell you what other bunk is present and if so what %. The pill could contain 1mg of MDMA/MDEA and 150mg of shit. That makes the pill shit.
So by saying the if the pill tests positivie with either tester makes it a safe or OK to use pill is not 100% correct. You don't know % and what impurities does it contain.
So I rarely use the tester except for speed hunt or in some cases for occasional pill testing.
I live in TO CANADA so most or all pills out here are not like the ones from 3-4 years ago, i.e. with enough MDMA to make all your problems go away and make you feel happy about everything around you.
I don't take e to get stoned or floored, but rahter to bring out my inner peace and feel happy.
That's why they call it exstacy,i.e. you are in exstacy land.
Let's keep this thread roolling and hear everyones opinion.
I suggest make it a sticky for a while
Peace

So by saying the if the pill tests positivie with either tester makes it a safe or OK to use pill is not 100% correct. You don't know % and what impurities does it contain
That is never ever an assertion that is made by any supplier of testing reagents.
The main focus of these is to identify something that you DO NOT want to be putting into you. If a substance does NOT go purple->black then under no circumstances is it an MD class drug. If you are after MD and a non purple->black reaction happens then into the bin/drain/whatever it should go.
In my opinion the testing kits are useless except for testing speed. I use speed so instead of trying it I just test it.
Not true. I have seen reactions for Ketamine, optiates, 2C class drugs, speed. I have been able to differenciate MDMA from MDA and confirm that there are no primary amines in a substance (thus reducing the chance of getting PMA from something to zero).
Besides all that, if the tests are so useless then how do you know if your substance is MDxx to begin with? My guess it is with a tester.
That's why they call it exstacy,i.e. you are in exstacy land
Ecstasy was a marketing term coined to sell this substance to punters. A more accurate difinition would be 'empathy'. To say the pills are different from 3-4 years ago is something people have been saying since the 80's. Welcome to club jaded.

A test kit costs about $30 AU and may save your life..
How much is your life worth? More than $30?
Mine is...

I knew my post would spark some discussion, so let's keep it going.
Soma
My whole point is that even with the EZ-test supreme, it will not tell you if the pill will be what you are looking for. I am after the MDMA high, empathy feeling of happiness. None of them around that tested blue (MDMA/MDEA) produced that feeling.
You say it differentiate substances you don't want by the reaction. If that's the case then what colur would a reagent turn if it had both PMA and MDA? Also what if a pill contained speed and MDXX, what colour would it turn? I have been asking Dance safe moderators since last year and got no answer. Maybe you can help.
Mayday
Are you sure a test kit will/may save your life? What if a pill contains MDXX/MDx and a potential dangerous substance like PMA. Would you be able to tell the difference and know how your body will reatc based on the test results?
If yes then please explain
Let's the keep the thread and healthy discussion going..
Peace

e-man2: The 'Which colour if...?' questions have been covered many times before. There is also an explaination here which may explain things a bit better.
If there is PMA mixed with an MDMA substance, then robadope will tell you that there is more than just MDMA. With such a prolific amount of pills out there if Robadope reacts then just throw it away and get one that doesn't react.
The main purpose of the test kits are not for you to find what you want, but to find things you don't want. That may sound like I'm saying the same thing, but there is a different emphasis.
If you are getting a purple->black with marquis, then a blue reaction with Simons, then 99.99% of the time you would be getting MDMA and NOT MDE. If you are not getting the same wooshy feelings as when you first started taking pills, then you may wish to give yourself a break for a while and just admit to yourself that the honeymoon is over.
To answer your colour directions explicitly:
MDA + PMA will turn purple->black with Marquis
MDA + PMA will NOT react with Simons
MAA + PMA WILL react with Robadope
The chances of getting a MDA+PMA pill are extremely slim. For maximum safety you should not take this pill. Of course, most likely you will be getting MDA by itself with such a test reaction
MDxx + speed will turn purple->black with marquis. The MD reaction will overide the speed reaction.
...to answer for Mayday: Of course the test kit may save your life! There is no guarentee of course, in this world there are very few absolutes. I've seen plenty of pills thrown away because because of a unwanted test reaction.

Soma,
I don't have the Robadope tester, but the EZ-test supreme.
You stated that the MDXX will overide the speed. Then how do you know if it's present with MDXX substance?
Knowing that I have the EZ-supreme only, how would the reactions in the above combinations turn out and please include MDXX as well with the unwanted.
As far as not feeling the same, I am not talking about the strength of the feeling, but the type of feeling. Example, in 1999 many of the pills I took gave me the MDMA feeling. Most to all pills now give me the opposite mashy/stoney/floored feeling. How would taking a break change these effects?

Originally posted by e-man2:
I have been asking Dance safe moderators since last year and got no answer. Maybe you can help.

Strange I've never heard your name, as I am the moderator of the Pill-testing and Adulterants Forum at DanceSafe.
If a pill contains speed and MDxA, it will turn purple/black with the Marquis reagent - in fact, with all test reagents it will look like MDxA, unless the speed happened to be Amphetamines, which should react with Robadope, indicating some funny business.
A pill with MDA and PMA will react just like a pill with MDA only, with all test reagents.
I know Soma answered this for you already, but I simply could not allow you to come here claiming that we at Dancesafe refused to answer your questions. No-one is trying to misrerpresent a product, we are all painfully aware of the limitations of home pill-testing.

dj,
Thanks for some of the feedback on the reactions.
I tried getting answers 2 years ago on the speed/MDXX reaction by posting and asking moderators to tell me. I bumped it a few times and the post dies.
Then when I got the EZ-test supreme, I was so happy that I would be able to tell what kind of pill I am getting, i.e. the effects. That is what I thought since the supreme will narrow it down to MDMA/MDEA blue colour.
I was very dissapointed that all the shitty pills tested positive for MDMA/MDEA and none exhibited the MDMA effects. Some pills were better then others but none that I can use to buy a larger qty with. I posted again and asked about the different reaction combinations, but did not get consistent answers.
I am just expressing my dissapoinment with the EZ-test supreme since it does not tell me what kind of pill it is, but sort out some impurities which may be present. I bought it for the purpose to be able to buy a pill and get some of the MDMA effects. I simply use now for selective pill testing and for sorting out speed.
In summary, I did ask questions through posting and did not get all the answers.
Maybe you can clarify what can the tester be used for relaibly as far as identifying pill effects?
Please use the colour reactions as a baseline for the effects.
Thanks,
Peace

Reagent test kits exist only to identify adulterants, NOT to give you any idea of what your subjective effects from a pill may be. How many times do we need to go over this? If you bought your EZ Test Xtreme thinking it would tell you what you'd feel from a pill you obviously didn't understand the principle.
No indicative test will give you quantitative results, ie how much of a substance is in a pill. Only more complex testing procedures, such as GCMS, TLC etc, will do that, but these are out of the reach of practically everyone.
Testing kits exist to allow the average user to identify which pills DO NOT contain "ecstasy", and which contain dangerous adulterants. That's it. Sorry if you don't like it but that's life. Most people's priority is to not be killed by what they take. This is what kits are for. If you want to know about the subjective experience I can only suggest two things; read pillreports, or just ask around.

^^ what johnboy said. and on a personal note, my test kit (primarily my marquis, back in the day) probably saved my life more than once. I got some "mollies" that I test that first turned yellow, then after about 5 min started turning black- we still haven't figured out what those were. Granted, the test kits can be fooled, but at least you can have the piece of mind that you're not getting something like what i would've eaten had I not tested it ahead of time. The tests aren't fool proof, and may not be as much worth it now as they were before these combo pills hit the market- but if you're that concerned about it a> check pillreports b> talk to friends or c> if no one has any reports on it, but you're concerned with what's in it, send one in to a testing lab/wait for someone else to and see what the results are.

e-man2 - Have you checked out various lab testing services to check what is exactly in those pills? There are a few sites around that give lab results - eg www.ecstasydata.org will shows a lot of results for the north america region (although mainly USA). It is difficult to believe that although you are testing your pills you are getting different effects.
There is no one rule to say "If your sample turns this colour, it means it contains this substance and you will feel thusly if consumed"
The testers are meant as a guide, you should think of it like: "If your sample turns this colour, it MAY mean it contains this substance and you MAY feel thusly if consumed."
If you are getting pills that test as MDMA/MDE then my bet they are MDMA. No one bothers to make MDE anymore, the legal loop hole which made people swap to that was closed years ago. My advice is for you to take a long long break. Go read all the various FAQs around Bluelight - don't be afraid to go to the drug basics forum.

Originally posted by Soma:
...to answer for Mayday: Of course the test kit may save your life! There is no guarentee of course, in this world there are very few absolutes. I've seen plenty of pills thrown away because because of a unwanted test reaction.
Thats what I meant Soma... I said they _may_ save your life, not WILL save your life to those who are asking.
You have to remember, this stuff is illicit and clandestine, and there is no quality control, so you can never be 100% sure what you are getting.

E-MAN,
i have to ask jsut out of curiosity, how long have you been poppin' for? and how often. the reason you may not be getting these wondurful "MDMA" feelings because your serotonine levels have diminished over time u use often, and maybe u needa break :) . did u jsut suddenly STOP getting these MDMA feelings as soon as u started testing your pills with your EZ test? id be interested to know.....

In my opinion you are damn right the test kit is worth it. I have the basic red label e-z test for $20 and that will at least let me know if the pill has an MDxA substance present in the pill.With pills going from $15-$30 dollars and a $20 test kit will test over 100 pills how can you go wrong? Just buying a couple bad pills from someone can cost you around $40.At least with the kit you can tell whether they are fake or not. Also, if buying from someone you don't know too well and you tell them you wanna test a pill b4 buying a good dealer will have no problem with that, but someone trying to scam you will shag ass letting you know that his pills were shit!
Peace Out..XTCGaGent14

the test cant tell you how good a pill is, but its worth it because it can save your life, it can tell you if there is something deadly in the pill. never ever eat a pill that is not tested first

Where Do I Go To Order A Kit? I Was Told I Can Order One On This Website But I Cant Seem To Find It Anywhere. So Where Do I Go From Here?

the best test kit in my opinion is I-Cup iv been on probation for 5 year and in and out of jail b4 and thats what the used to test me