• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Are "Research Chemicals" Being Researched?

Jesus christ guys, don't need to personally attack me. I searched erowid and it didn't even have an effects profile, asking people who have experience>book learning. Sorry if that makes me an incapable human being not worthy of drugs.

i "third" pubmed.org

i've seen research on some 2cxs, DOxs, etc. mostly on how to test for metabolites in urine. some other studies on the effects on rat brains.

just search the chemical name you're interested in

I work in public health and I'm trying to get some money to look at the prevalence, use, and user-reported harms associated with RCs but noone seems to care. All indicators suggest prevalence is low, so therefore you would assume related-harm is low, and funding bodies don't like to give money for things they suspect isn't in the public interest. Sigh. Stupid academia. :)

I work in public health and I'm trying to get some money to look at the prevalence, use, and user-reported harms associated with RCs but noone seems to care. All indicators suggest prevalence is low, so therefore you would assume related-harm is low, and funding bodies don't like to give money for things they suspect isn't in the public interest. Sigh. Stupid academia. :)

I just started working on my Master's of Public Health degree and am also interested in drug related research as well as many other Public Health Issues.

Does anone lese have the same feelings about the term RC's!!!

I was wondering who else hates the term Research Chemicals??? I hate it being tossed around so much although yes they may be little research on them but there still psychedelics. I also hate the term classic psychedelics as well because it implies all other psychedelics are not worthy or something!!!

I love psychedelics and it seems like we look at any unresearched substance as inferior because of it so who else feels the same way???

Not all research chems are psychedelics. Some are stimulants, some are cannabinoids, some are steroids ect.

Very true and I hate them used for them too cause when I pick up some GHRP-6 and IGF-1 Lr3 I allways think what the fuck do they call these research chemicals for too there unuiqe peptides that occur in the body and although not researched much yet should be refered to as what they are not grouped as RC's!!!

However when it comes to psychedelics I really hate it being used almost as much as designer drugs, almost!!!

Well the substances (most of them) are refered to as 'research chemicals' because they are legal for research purposes. You could call them 'analogs' but that would imply that they were being made into illegal drugs, which would make them illegal.

This is true that companies supplying these substances should protect themselves with such wording but hearing everyone on here who is clearly ingesting them use the term aggravates me but I have been found to repeat it here and there so I guess i'm just being picky and fucked up!!!

Oh and that protection is very limited btw!!!

Bardo5 said:
Well the substances (most of them) are refered to as 'research chemicals' because they are legal for research purposes. You could call them 'analogs' but that would imply that they were being made into illegal drugs, which would make them illegal.

I was thinking the same thing.

I merged this thread into a thread we had recently discussing this topic. If you start reading from page one you'll see some of the discussion about this thing. :)

Last edited:
I think he means a link for 'effects'. Which should be between 'basics' and 'images'.

yeah, research chemical isn't a great term, but its way better than designer drug. Seems to me most people use it to refer to drugs that can be bought or were available online, are interesting because of their structural similarity to some illegal drug, but aren't popular enough to have a street name of their own. I'm pretty sure anyone who uses the term understands that "research" is being used pretty loosely.

These compounds are all over the place in the journals though. Nichols is about to retire soon, not sure who's going to take up the "mantle", but doing a pubmed search in journals such as medicinal chemistry, neuropharmacology, psychopharmacology, etc will turn up a lot of things.