• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Are homosexual natures created by nurture, nature, or God?

Original Christianity was the best ancient man could come up with.

Christianity worked fantastically well until supernatural belief screwed up the Christian theology/ideology.

That best thinking remains to some extent, but Christians no longer see it.

Only Gnostics Christians seem to see it.

Regards
DL
what's wrong with the supernatural?
the problem is that people don't actually get what supernatural means,

supernatural means (among other things) something that cannot be explained by humans, something that is ABOVE human comprehension. To think that humans can and will understand everything is the most stupid, arrogant and pathetic thought/expectation that a human being can have, that's why scientism is so incredibly idiotic, limited and reductionist. The supernatural close itself in the fact that once you accept that it exist you also accept that you will not be able to grasp it as a real thing on the same level of what the natural world is, that means that you must accept that the natural is all you have total and direct contact with.
Some people prefer to take the natural way of only dealing with the natural as actually existent, but I think it's more due to the fact of humans being quite lazy in terms of dealing with the mystery you talk about.

what's wrong with the supernatural?
the problem is that people don't actually get what supernatural means,

supernatural means (among other things) something that cannot be explained by humans, something that is ABOVE human comprehension. To think that humans can and will understand everything is the most stupid, arrogant and pathetic thought/expectation that a human being can have, that's why scientism is so incredibly idiotic, limited and reductionist. The supernatural close itself in the fact that once you accept that it exist you also accept that you will not be able to grasp it as a real thing on the same level of what the natural world is, that means that you must accept that the natural is all you have total and direct contact with.
Some people prefer to take the natural way of only dealing with the natural as actually existent, but I think it's more due to the fact of humans being quite lazy in terms of dealing with the mystery you talk about.
Indeed.

That and the fact that nothing of the supernatural has ever popped up as a proof of concept.

If one did, and had itself as a proof of concept, it would also be a prof of concept that there are many Gods.

Reality built turtles over turtles is how the ancients termed these ideas.

Those pesky Gods just pop up whenever they like.

It is a good thing that Gods do not exist.

It would be disruptive.

Regards
DL

It doesn't really matter why people are attracted to the people they're attracted to. It doesn't matter why people like jazz rather than metal either. I used to steadfastly believe everything was nurture until I witnessed the birth of my daughter. As soon as she was born, she had tonnes of personality. She was extremely alert and engaged with the world. Now, she likes to be in control. She doesn't like it when people do things for her, unless she's exhaustively tried to do it herself. All of that makes her predisposed to take certain paths in life. Kids definitely pick up looks and personality from their parents, genetically. They also mimic behaviour.

It's nature and nurture.
Everything is.

Gnostic Bishop said:
Regards
DL

You related to ali by any chance?

Indeed.

That and the fact that nothing of the supernatural has ever popped up as a proof of concept.

If one did, and had itself as a proof of concept, it would also be a prof of concept that there are many Gods.

Reality built turtles over turtles is how the ancients termed these ideas.

Those pesky Gods just pop up whenever they like.

It is a good thing that Gods do not exist.

It would be disruptive.

Regards
DL
Depending on how you define what God is, it must or not, exist.

I have nothing unique to contribute, but I am bisexual. In the end, I don't think it matters, and I have a healthy paranoia towards any research that has the intent of finding 'the gay gene'. Sure, it's interesting to philosophize about, but what would science do with it if they did find one? Inevitably, eradication.
Personally, I knew I liked all kinds of people very very early, and my parents themselves were extremely progressive about sexuality so it was never an issue. I suppose their openness to it could be seen as influence?

I dont intend to read 20 pages but I will give my opinion in this reply.

Question: "Are homosexual natures created by nurture, nature, or God?"

My opinion: If God created them then even the potential is responsibility of this force called God. So ultimately it is God who created even the possibility for homosexuality and thus the homosexuality is one of the properties of the creating force (God). So I would say that it is in God as God is also homosexual along being heterosexual, bisexual and all the combinations there are in the creation. If something is not present in the creator it isn't present in it's creation and vice versa if an attribute is expressed in the creation then it has it's origins in the creator.

Religions are imperfect interpretations of the divine experience which is not made up.

Chemically Enhanced said:
Can mods PLEASE close this?

It has been answered. The answer is nature. 100%. Always. End of discussion.

I don't see why it matters if it's nature or nurture. The whole "I was born this way!" argument always confused me. I don't care if I was born a certain way or I developed into that person. I'm still that person. It doesn't matter.

@ChemicallyEnhanced

Gnostic Bishop said:
It does if the choice applies to religions.

It matters because of the homophobic and misogynous creeds, mostly Christian, that plague us

Mostly Christian?
I don't think so.

Plague is a strong word. There is more anti-homophobic rhetoric in the western world than homophobic rhetoric. You're more likely to be accepted into society as a gay man than a bigot. It's 2022. I think the plague is largely over at this point? (At least in the western world.)

Not sure I understand what you mean by "if the choice applies to religions".

Last edited:
I have nothing unique to contribute, but I am bisexual. In the end, I don't think it matters, and I have a healthy paranoia towards any research that has the intent of finding 'the gay gene'. Sure, it's interesting to philosophize about, but what would science do with it if they did find one? Inevitably, eradication.
Personally, I knew I liked all kinds of people very very early, and my parents themselves were extremely progressive about sexuality so it was never an issue. I suppose their openness to it could be seen as influence?
Doesn't bisexual mean there are only two genders

In the end, I don't think it matters,
From a moral POV, it makes a huge difference as to how you will see the world.

How you react to those who hate gays says a lot about you.

Do you tell homophobes that they are the problem and not the gays?

Regards
DL

I dont intend to read 20 pages but I will give my opinion in this reply.

Question: "Are homosexual natures created by nurture, nature, or God?"

My opinion: If God created them then even the potential is responsibility of this force called God. So ultimately it is God who created even the possibility for homosexuality and thus the homosexuality is one of the properties of the creating force (God). So I would say that it is in God as God is also homosexual along being heterosexual, bisexual and all the combinations there are in the creation. If something is not present in the creator it isn't present in it's creation and vice versa if an attribute is expressed in the creation then it has it's origins in the creator.
I agree with the logic that all had to come out of God, as he would have been the only thing in the beginning and all would have to come out of him.

A believer would have to see God creating gays for him or her to hate. Right?

Why else would God create gays or murderers or anyone we might hate?

Regards
DL