• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Are homosexual natures created by nurture, nature, or God?

I’d take a semiotic view and say ‘Homosexuals’ are actually created by language. As humans use language to construct the world conceptually and socially they categorise, name, and place an implicit value on everything they perceive. Things that can influence language influence how things are eventually valued. Value is also constructed relatively by understanding first what things are not.

So in Western and Abrahamic cultures homosexuality is invariably constructed as the opposite/negation of positive heterosexuality. That is, it gets constructed and understood as a whole bunch of negatives against the commonly perceived ideal. It therefore registers cognitively to people as the negation of opposite of things like ‘natural, ‘normal’, ‘manly’, ‘pure’, ‘sacred’, good for society’, ‘about family’, ‘healthy’ etc etc.

^ Except that some of those factors (often passed from the mother) is stress from scarce resources which gives us a view of homosexuality as an evolutionary advantage. However if you're a religious leader you're probably going to want that gay person to be straight and create soldiers. You can have less steel than the enemy as long as you have more bodies than them....God willing.

I think most people are born with a strong inclination toward heterosexuality(some more so than others) and some people are born with a strong inclination toward homosexuality(some more so than others) and then various environmental factors influence us one way or another(or both ways, as in bisexuality).

Because god is gay iirc
edit: wouldnt it have to be so?
Yes.

All that is is said to have emanated from the one God, even evil.

Both science and religions have basically made both concepts, the supernatural and natural, into Gods of the Gaps.

Both are offering us mysteries, as it should be.

Regards
DL

looks like you have the answer already in your question - no?
IDK.

Happily I do not see as you do.

What was my answer to the question of why homophobes are maladjusted and put sex, as a value, above love?

You will know what I am talking about - no?

Regards
DL

I’d take a semiotic view and say ‘Homosexuals’ are actually created by language. As humans use language to construct the world conceptually and socially they categorise, name, and place an implicit value on everything they perceive. Things that can influence language influence how things are eventually valued. Value is also constructed relatively by understanding first what things are not.

So in Western and Abrahamic cultures homosexuality is invariably constructed as the opposite/negation of positive heterosexuality. That is, it gets constructed and understood as a whole bunch of negatives against the commonly perceived ideal. It therefore registers cognitively to people as the negation of opposite of things like ‘natural, ‘normal’, ‘manly’, ‘pure’, ‘sacred’, good for society’, ‘about family’, ‘healthy’ etc etc.
Today, indeed.

Christians and other believers were not always as maladjusted as they aere today.

Christians, even the right wingers, used to put love above sex.

Regards
DL

IDK.

Happily I do not see as you do.

What was my answer to the question of why homophobes are maladjusted and put sex, as a value, above love?

You will know what I am talking about - no?

Regards
DL

no i don't know what you're talking about

you didn't ask anything about homophobes

are you using the google translator? you might wanna give that thing a kick

Fascinating article!
Original Christianity was the best ancient man could come up with.

Christianity worked fantastically well until supernatural belief screwed up the Christian theology/ideology.

That best thinking remains to some extent, but Christians no longer see it.

Only Gnostics Christians seem to see it.

Regards
DL