• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Are barbiturates recreational?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You never get to appreciate barbiturates until you try the fast acting ones. Like StaySedated said, secobarbital, pentobarbital, tuinal, etc. Butalbital is for the most part the only faster acting one that is prescribed these days. Its not a great example of how good barbiturates really are.

You never get to appreciate barbiturates until you try the fast acting ones. Like StaySedated said, secobarbital, pentobarbital, tuinal, etc. Butalbital is for the most part the only faster acting one that is prescribed these days. Its not a great example of how good barbiturates really are.

Im am happy to be part of the experienced users.

Barbs will mess you up. Last year after doing barbs I woke up the next day with a broken hand and I didnt remember breaking it. I also lost a job because of them. I also got arrested while on them. They are almost like booze. I think I'm just a fool on them.

Butalbital in general is underated. I popped one the other morning not expecting to feel too much, but it certainly did have an effect. I had forgotten what to expect. I took it with Xanax, but I take that everyday so the combo wasn't too risky. The effects of butalbital are different than those of benzos, and I would go so far as to say that butalbital is a better anxiolytic than most benzos, though I haven't tried many. Butalbital seems to produce a pronounced disinhibitory effect that all GABAergics can produce, but butalbital seemed to disinhibit me more than just benzos do. Also gave me a nice mood lift, when I take butalbital in the morning, and I am about I can really feel it. It is nice. In the evening I might feel a little more relaxed but the effects seem best enjoyed in the day, specifically the morning. I like butalbital, and it is always looked down on as a shitty barb, well it may be no secobarbital, but I sure enjoy it. Feels comparable to a little alcohol without the dysphoria, and with a more overall pleasant effect. Me loves me some Fiorinal.

Are barbiturates recreational??

Hmmmm....

Do bears take a crap in the woods?

If you take enough, it will wipe your memory. Was using half gram quantities of Sodium Barbital (stupid mistake), came out of a coma weeks later. I was using Barbital to calm WD's from Fentanyl, didn't give me much euphoria, but was so addictive that I couldn't stop re-dosing. I remember taking a dose at home my next memory is about 1.5 months later after being in the hospital. Small doses in moderation will make you feel good and drunk, you will have a lot of trouble walking but totally recreational.

So the conclusion is yes barbituates are recreational, but they are also dangerous as fuck.

This is an old thread, and doesn't fit in with our new guidelines, so I'm going to close it.. any queries, shoot me a pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.